Verifying all over again...stuck at Verifying 0%...aka patch is broken.

CommanderVintres

Yesterday I've been stuck at installing 100% during the maintenance (with red bar not green), now wanting to download the freaking patch I'm stuck at veryifing 0%! I deleted bitraider folder forcing game to verify files, once it finished it shows "Verifying 0%" again. I deleted the folder once more, still stuck at this 0% after verifying finishes. I've NO IDEA what to do, I don't want to redownload the entire game BECAUSE it will another 3-5 days wasted.. This is patch is broken..please what can I do to fix this issue?

Completely remove bitraider, you have to download the entirIe game again but once you've done that you'll never have problems with patching again.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=853909

I tried that two weeks ago. Trust me, the downloading is broken. It installs, downloads english video 1 all over again, so there is no option for this.. :confused:

Completely remove bitraider, you have to download the entire game again but once you've done that you'll never have problems with patching again.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=853909

I tried that two weeks ago. Trust me, the downloading is broken. It installs, downloads english video 1 all over again, so there is no option for this.. :confused:

This is not true. I had problems with the patch last night too, so I did as Asaxor said and I redownloaded the game without bitraider. It took a long time but it fully downloaded without issue.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

This is not true. I had problems with the patch last night too, so I did as Asaxor said and I redownloaded the game without bitraider. It took a long time but it fully downloaded without issue.

What is not true? The installation/download loop of English Video 1 when trying to install the game with non streaming launcher I stated in my post? It's true. Im bound to using Bitraider launcher no matter what.

Anyway, if you haven't got any issues doesn't mean other people won't have them as well. ;)

What is not true? The installation/download loop of English Video 1 when trying to install the game with non streaming launcher I stated in my post? It's true. Im bound to using Bitraider launcher no matter what.

Anyway, if you haven't got any issues doesn't mean other people won't have them as well. ;)

Clarification:

Trust me, the downloading is broken.

Downloading is not broken and people should not trust you on that. That was what I was saying is not true. It might be true that downloading isn't working for you, but that's not what you said. Also it's possible you didn't properly modify the launcher.settings file and caused the issue, just saying.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

Clarification:

Downloading is not broken and people should not trust you on that. That was what I was saying is not true. It might be true that downloading isn't working for you, but that's not what you said. Also it's possible you didn't properly modify the launcher.settings file and caused the issue, just saying.

By saying the download is broken I meant that the download is broken for me not for all....

And no, I know how to read instructions, everything was properly changed in the file.

Tried rebooting PC, deleting .xfr and config folder inside Bitraider's folder, I basically tried everything to solve my issue. Still got "Verifying 0%". It's ridiclious. Everytime there is a patch day I have to deal with this BS. This really puts me off SWTOR.

It has to be something with your system or programs that you use. I was able to download it with no issue yesterday and was playing last night and am currently in playing now. I don't use any 3rd party programs or parcers, I just have that game itself. Never had any issues with patching, ever.

It has to be something with your system or programs that you use. I was able to download it with no issue yesterday and was playing last night and am currently in playing now. I don't use any 3rd party programs or parcers, I just have that game itself. Never had any issues with patching, ever.

Um, good for you then. And by 3rd party programs what do you mean? I literally have only this game on my computer and nothing else. I don't count Antivirus.

Um, good for you then. And by 3rd party programs what do you mean? I literally have only this game on my computer and nothing else. I don't count Antivirus.

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought I had read earlier in this post that you were using a parcer program or something. Maybe it was someone else who had replied. If you just have the game itself and nothing else linked to it, then I don't know what to tell you.

You can not download the game without Bit-Raider anymore they put i shared install system with the launcher and Bit-raider downloading.

so you have to sit it out by they really need to bin it and get a better streaming system.

I don't understand. So even disabling Bitraider won't download the patch for me at all? (not that it could....) Yep, I was right, I'm bound to use streaming launcher forever. :)

I also had major problems yesterday, the first time ever. When I finally got the game to launch it would close out and give an error C5. I tried to do the launcher repair but it was greyed out. I deleted the diskcachearena and that made it say that there was an error with the patch, and that was that, no option to repatch. So in the end I deleted the bit raider folder and poof the game patched, and damn fast too, and I was back in playing. I don't know exactly what I did, but it helped, lol. :eek:

If you don't get rid of BitRaider or whatever that program is called you'll never get it downloaded

Search for the post in this forum about how to remove it

And make sure all the registrry items are gone. i used Revo unistaller

Edited by Atalantia

If you don't get rid of BitRaider or whatever that program is called you'll never get it downloaded

Search for the post in this forum about how to remove it

And make sure all the registrry items are gone. i used Revo unistaller

........Did you even read my previous posts in this thread? I KNOW how to disable Bitraider BUT CANT for the life of me complete the download after! It installs some English Video file then installs it again and loop starts all over. So, NO don't tell me to get rid of BR all the time because I'm simply forced to use it. I have problems with either type of launcher but Bitraider launcher can at least let me install the game when the non-BR launcher doesn't!

Open Task Manager and click the Services tab, Then click the gear icon down bottom that says Open Services, Find BitRaider Mini-Support Service Setup Loader on the list, Right click it and go to Properties, Make sure the Startup Type is set to Automatic and the Service Status is Running, Exit task manager and restart Swtor client and you should be good. Cheers Vasi

Open Task Manager and click the Services tab, Then click the gear icon down bottom that says Open Services, Find BitRaider Mini-Support Service Setup Loader on the list, Right click it and go to Properties, Make sure the Startup Type is set to Automatic and the Service Status is Running, Exit task manager and restart Swtor client and you should be good. Cheers Vasi

I found no program with such name..am i doing something wrong?

You can not download the game without Bit-Raider anymore they put i shared install system with the launcher and Bit-raider downloading.

so you have to sit it out by they really need to bin it and get a better streaming system.

Not only did I disable Bitraider but I deleted the folder for it and the reinstall went on without a hitch. Only part about it was that Bioware wont let the download go above 1mb which is rather sad since Steam allows you to download at 6mb.

I found no program with such name..am i doing something wrong?

You can search for the file in the local disk © it is..."C:\ProgramData\BitRaider\BRSptStub.exe" It should come up as an application, and when opened will take you to the service where you can set it to automatic startup. Although after clicking the gear icon down bottom of services it should be there...odd

Edited by RepublicDiplomat

Not only did I disable Bitraider but I deleted the folder for it and the reinstall went on without a hitch. Only part about it was that Bioware wont let the download go above 1mb which is rather sad since Steam allows you to download at 6mb.

Hmm, did the game remade the folder after installation? Or have you get rid of it completely?

You can search for the file in the local disk © it is..."C:\ProgramData\BitRaider\BRSptStub.exe" It should come up as an application, and when opened will take you to the service where you can set it to automatic startup. Although after clicking the gear icon down bottom of services it should be there...odd

Alright, thanks.