Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HPS am I in the right area

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
HPS am I in the right area

mikebevo
02.06.2013 , 01:50 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Indelaceo View Post
IAgain, not trying to be a jumped-up-mother-f'er nor am I looking for anyone to worship at my feet - but is anyone else out there honestly posting higher numbers?
Not me, most I have ever done was around 2300 on a trash pull in HM EC with the other healer afk.

Dreadguards? You are talking about Ciphas, Heirad and Kel’sara right? Why would you even need to pull 2500 or 2600 hps there unless you are completely overhealing or your group is terrible at staying out of green pools? Most successful runs I am only pulling 1400 hps to 1700 hps and that is still over healing between 27.99% and 32.89%, a few unsuccessful runs I pulled around 2000 hps, but I have never pulled anywhere near 2600 hps on that fight or any other. Don’t think I will either unless I go with a different group or if bioware comes out with harder content.

Congrats, very impressive

dannycarr
02.07.2013 , 04:11 AM | #12
What are the best parsers to use to see information like over healing if this is at all possible? I can't really see an option for this on ask mr robot.

Morngwath
02.07.2013 , 08:36 AM | #13
www.torparse.com is your friend here. It's got really nice analytical features.
Morngwath (DD-Hexer) - Rhona (Heal-Sabo) - Olathira (DD-Söldner)

mikebevo
02.07.2013 , 09:47 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by dannycarr View Post
What are the best parsers to use to see information like over healing if this is at all possible? I can't really see an option for this on ask mr robot.
The one Morngwath linked it really good. Best thing is making one for a group raid and having everyone in the group upload their combat log. It can be a real time saver in figuring out what is going on. It has helped me improve on healing the group, as now I know who in the group uses defensive cooldowns religiously and more important who doesn't and either whisper them or keep a better eye on them.

Over healing is just going to happen in this game. No way to prevent it and even if you could limited it, you would just be hurting your ability to heal.Operator/Sawbones has to keep HoTs up to get and keep up UH/TA, I can't control who all is hit by Kolto Cloud and if there is a lull and everyone is topped off I am still going to use diagnosis scan to top off my energy. So I wouldn't worry about what a parsers says about over healing as long as you are maintaining energy the entire fight.

I would rather over heal someone and have them at 100% health than someone pull aggro or miss a interrupt and get one shotted for 21000 damage when their hp was 22000 because I had them at 95% health instead 100%.

JimmyTheCannon
02.16.2013 , 06:30 AM | #15
Honestly... I would not look at HPS. At all. It's the wrong way to look at how well you're doing your job.

DPS meters are, to a point, necessary (you need to know if you can beat enrage timers). HPS measurements aren't. What you need to pay attention to is, "Are people dying because I'm not healing them enough?"

If the answer is no, you're fine. End of story.

::shakes his head:: I still remember my bewilderment when I tried pugging into a Nightmare Pilgrim as healer and the guy asked me what my HPS was.