What New Star Wars Games would you Like To See Made?

ConVallian

I don't know if it'll ever happen, but these are two games I really want.

I

want a game like the Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy, to this day this is my favorite Star Wars game the multiplayer battles capture the flag and just the way the game played was awesome to me. They can even go back the Clone Wars era because that era has the most Jedi. And the single player campaign can be you starting as Jedi in training become a Knight during the Clone Wars and have the game end with Order 66. I would LOVE JK3 gameplay with the new Battlefront graphics.

It should have dark side and jedi storyline, and you should be able to choose who your Mentor would be, like at the beginning of the game you could choose to be eiher Yoda's , Plo Koon's, Kit Fisto's or even Mace Windu. And the darkside will start you as Dooku's apprentice. It don't need to be canon just fun

And my second game i would want, though it wont happen

Is a KOTOR HD remake like FF7 is doing.

What new games would like to see?

Edited by ConVallian

I second a second Jedi Academy game, I was a fan of JA. I would also like a singleplayer open world rpg, where you can be either darkside or lightside. A KOTOR remake sounds good. I'd also like a remake of KOTOR 2 with all the content that was cut.

I second a second Jedi Academy game, I was a fan of JA. I would also like a singleplayer open world rpg, where you can be either darkside or lightside. A KOTOR remake sounds good. I'd also like a remake of KOTOR 2 with all the content that was cut.

One thing that I tried once was a star wars themed skyrim playthrough. Confused? Allow me to explain. Mod lightsabers into the game (obviously). mod force powers into the game. mod college of winter hold into a jedi temple or sith temple. The idea here is very role playing dependant. options are to role play as an untrained force sensitive on a relatively secluded planet (planet tamriel or something of that nature). you must limit your force power learning to studying at the "temple", where either jedi/sith or church of the force followers train to as a padawan, and you follow their simple quests as trials to become a jedi. the script obviously doesn't contain words like "jedi" or "force" in the voice acting, but this can be explained away by considering skyrim as system not capable of hyperspace travel, this lack in technology fits nicely into the lack of typical star warsy type buildings, clothes, people, etc. this leads me into the second option for the role playing experience, in which you begin your adventure as a Hedi Knight on a mission to this highly antiquated planet (skyrim/tamriel) to accomplish (insert quest objective here) this quest will require you to keep your identity as a jedi secret (the population might not even know what a jedi is). you could follow the main quest to defeat the dragons (a stretch because of the lore involved) or to collect the dragon priest masks, or role play to convert the beliefs of the populace to the force, instead of "magic" by doing people lots of favors/learning about the world, converting the college of winter fell to a jedi temple, etc. really the role playing possibilities are endless. you just have to set some rules for your playthrough that force (pun intended) skyrim to fit into the star wars mythos. once the lightsabers and force powers are there the rest is only limited by your imagination and role playing ability. There's your open world star wars experience right there. also, feel free to insert the same concept into fallout (perhaps as some kind of trooper or smuggler instead of a jedi?)

(sorry for the grammar, typing on a handheld device)

A game that fills the gap between the cut novels (the "Legends") and the Legacy era, which will otherwise forever be something that eats at my brain and my heart :(

If you could play as all main characters and it had KOTOR gameplay... hey, one can dream, huh?

More realistically, as people here have mentioned, a KOTOR remake would be neat. Maybe with Mass Effect-like gameplay and graphics?

Also, an Uncharted-like game, like that game that was recently cancelled (Star Wars 1300 or something) starring Boba Fett. It would have the benefit of having room enough to fit in either the new or old canon.

It should have dark side and jedi storyline, and you should be able to choose who your Mentor would be, like at the beginning of the game you could choose to be eiher Yoda's , Plo Koon's, Kit Fisto's or even Mace Windu. And the darkside will start you as Dooku's apprentice. It don't need to be canon just fun

What new games would like to see?

All of the yes!

As for other ideas maybe a Jedi game set between 500BBY - 100BBY? I'm curious of what life was like in that period as it's probably among the least explored time periods, it would let us see a prime Yoda (not sure if that will ever happen though) and it would also let us have some fresh stories and characters due to how unexplored it is. This would probably work best as a single player RPG, though it would be cool if you could do a co-op mode where one of you can be the Master and the other one can be the Apprentice. I'd also like to see a game of this format being made that explores the Banite Sith in the same era as that's something I'd like to see too.

Great thread btw.

A MMO/or single-player RPG in the time we're now exploring with the new trilogy. Either joining the First Order, or the Resistance/New Republic. This would be so cool! :cool:

^^^

but what classes could you play... resistance pilot or stormtrooper? not enough jedi to have it where everyone could play a jedi/sith class

I'd like a Star Wars RTS like Empire at War (only with better ground combat) set in the Yuuzhan Vong war... heck just give me an NJO Expansion to Empire at War. I want to fight the Vong.

Better yet, a Jedi Knight IV set during the Vong war where we get to choose from various NJO characters (most likely candidates would be the Solo kids, and maybe some of the other young Jedi Knights like Tenel Ka, Lowbacca, and Tahiri) though playing a more experienced Jedi like Corran Horn or Mara Jade would be awesome too.

I liked the idea a previous poster had an rpg set only a couple hundred years before the movies and we see Yoda first inaugurated as Grand Master. But i don't know how interesting the story would be seeing as how the Republic was in peace time for 1000 years before the movies. Maybe if they made the player character Yoda's first apprentice? i would like that as well but aybe as a regular game not really an rpg

I have two requests for a future Star Wars game:

Oh in the name of Freud yes. Jedi Outcast remains one of my favorite Star Wars games of all time. I would spend hours custom-making levels, and even more perfecting and replaying them. Jedi Academy was pretty good too, but I don't think I liked it as much as Outcast. But if there's ever production of a Jedi Knight 4, I will throw my entire bank account behind it.

Then, secondly, I'd like to see a space-based Star Wars game. Something in between the instant action of Galactic Starfighter/Battlefront Fighter Squadron and the total open-world of Star Citizen. Something with a good Star Wars story behind it. In my opinion, we are desperately lacking a canon account of space-based events post-Endor. I have yet to try X-wing vs TIE fighter, but I intend to whenever I get the chance.

I found this in a SWG-Emulator subreddit, and it pretty much matches the criteria of what I look for: http://www.freeworldstidesofwar.com/

I liked the idea a previous poster had an rpg set only a couple hundred years before the movies and we see Yoda first inaugurated as Grand Master. But i don't know how interesting the story would be seeing as how the Republic was in peace time for 1000 years before the movies. Maybe if they made the player character Yoda's first apprentice? i would like that as well but aybe as a regular game not really an rpg

It could be set in the outer rim, it's noted in the Jedi Path that Guardians often spend their time and service protecting those who reside there. In fact the story could branch out into three separate stories when they choose their path. A Guardian could have a story set in the outer rim, a Consular could have a story set in the core while they deal with negotiations and a Jedi Sentinel could have a story that focuses on investigations into the rising presence of the Dark Side. That's what I would do anyway. :D

It could be set in the outer rim, it's noted in the Jedi Path that Guardians often spend their time and service protecting those who reside there. In fact the story could branch out into three separate stories when they choose their path. A Guardian could have a story set in the outer rim, a Consular could have a story set in the core while they deal with negotiations and a Jedi Sentinel could have a story that focuses on investigations into the rising presence of the Dark Side. That's what I would do anyway. :D

BioWare give this person a job! Great idea for a game.

i second it!

Also the character customization should be great, for once i liked to play as a jedi that looks like a jedi lol They should use the hidden color crystals like they did in TFU. I can see it now dueling the man who trained the man who trained the man who trained Palpatine lol

Another flight-sim game.

They'd have to be insane to try another multiplayer one, because of what happened to the last two arcade Star Wars flying games. One is a few forums down, with a "What to do with Strike Fighters" post in yellow text, but no yellow text within the last year. The other one is dead and mostly buried.

Eventually they're going to figure out that single-player or multiplayer-co-op-PvE are the still the way way to do a Star Wars flying game of any kind, and they will seriously help the "how 2 fly" learning curve.

Edited by ALaggyGrunt

i second it!

Also the character customization should be great, for once i liked to play as a jedi that looks like a jedi lol They should use the hidden color crystals like they did in TFU. I can see it now dueling the man who trained the man who trained the man who trained Palpatine lol

Thanks a lot, I like the idea of bringing TFU colour crystal system back. All I need to do now is hope that Bioware doesn't steal this idea before I can become a programmer. :D