New Bolster Exploit

cashogy_reborn

So the newest Bolster Exploit is starting to become more widespread. Im not gonna go into details, but you can get stats above Obroan by using non-PvP gear.

Fix this Bioware. Bolster should not boost stats above Tier 1 PvP gear. The timing of this being so near to the most recent "Bolster explanation" post by Tait (that literally gave out 0 new information) further enforces the belief that the devs have developed such a convoluted system that even they dont understand how it works.

Edited by cashogy_reborn

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolster for 55 needs to go.

Players that I can't scratch in warzones, I can DESTROY on Oricon. It's reasonable when you're talking about the ones in PvE gear exploiting Bolster.

What's weird is the way that Bolster affects PvP gear, too. I'm at 2018 Expertise in fully-optimized, augmented Obroan/Conqueror gear. Against players in the same gear it's an uphill battle inside a Warzone. On Ilum, I do MUCH better against the SAME players. Those same players on Oricon are even easier to blow up.

Wonky system. Great idea, horrible implementation. Just make it go away.

Then someone will come in here and argue that it's only by 0,XX %. But does that even matter? Gear you can buy on GTN should never even be remotely close, and certainly not better, than something you have to spend 120 warzones to get (calculated with a 100 comms/game average)

If true then Bolster should just be removed from game its more trouble than its worth.

Yeah. Took that long to give a "mathy" explanation that wasn't all that mathy and didn't tell us anything we didn't know. I'm guess it will take 100 years before they could either make it work acceptably or removve it.

hey. It's been a while. We about due for a new tier of gear? That surely will bring more problems and the relic proc stacking again. this is awesome.

Yeah. Took that long to give a "mathy" explanation that wasn't all that mathy and didn't tell us anything we didn't know. I'm guess it will take 100 years before they could either make it work acceptably or removve it.

hey. It's been a while. We about due for a new tier of gear? That surely will bring more problems and the relic proc stacking again. this is awesome.

Or we could be lucky enough to get some static relics .... :rolleyes: nvm its bioware

It's really a new variation of an old issue. The crystals and forcepower/techpower on MH/OH really screws bolster up.. I am still wishywashy on the 46 thing.. I lost over 2% crit multi, and some crit change and gained about 100 main and 1300 HP when I did it. I don't think its exactly gamebreaking, but yeah. PvE>PvP for MH/OH as long as the item rating total for the hilt/barrel/armoring, mod, and enh is not over 460.

You really think what this crap issue for players and developers is more important than pugs vs premades issue, matchmaking for solo ranked issue, or something like returning 8x8 huttball ranked league issue? :rolleyes:

You can't dismiss it however. I have always said, " How can you expect them to address the big picture, when they let germ-infested kids photobomb the picture?"

This is not better. White Damage is significantly lower. Only healers and possibly tanks can benefit from using this exploit.

This, the blue 46's aren't nearly as good as your stats on the character sheet would indicate, which raises an entirely new, and perhaps more serious bug to the table.

Not sure what the big deal is. So MH/OH PvE is better, it is still not game breaking. It lessens the gear grind for alts by a few weeks; it is less than useless in OWPVP since it's a 46 blue; and anyone who doesn't have, it can still easily get it anytime they want (there's no PvE raiding wall or credit wall like for the 69 MH hilt).

There are so many other problems that BW should be putting their resources into. This one should be at the bottom of their list.

I see so many people complaining about bads ruining their game, yet the same people adamantly demand a gear advantage over those same people. Which is it? Do you want an even playing field, or do you want a "I win" button over undergeared people?

Its a different matter, those things they need to decide if they want to do them or not.

There is no choice with the bolster exploit, it must be fixed. All we can do is help them see it faster and make noise so they fix it faster. They can`t exactly refuse to fix an exploit now can they?