Vet's edge stacks in gods

Since there was some necroposting on forums recently, I have to add to this thread I made two partially new groups to Brontes as tank yesterday. Less then half of the people had cheevos, but they didn't complained and learned on every pull.

No stacks, no whine, no s:rak_01:t. 4/5 prog doable with two pug tanks with cheevos. Not Brontes, of course, she requires excessive level of coordination and adaptivity now, which is not very much reachable by players new to the encounter.

So I still don't see any of the "leaving" or "raid stopping" issues being implemented in raiding community, since I every week learn about one new prog team :rak_01:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll chime in with my two cents on the state of nim raiding in general and specifically on Tulak Hord:

In my opinion the state on nim raiding at the moment having lost the veterans edge stacks in all operations, including gods, is a good decision. It makes the content challenging again. Especially the older content. What a lot of people don't realize, is that SWTOR generally was a lot harder when it was released back in 2011. Every aspect, not only raiding. The game got dumbed down so that more people would find their way to the game. Nowadays most people ding 75 and dont even realize how they play their classes.

Sadly I think a lot of people think the same about raiding at any kind of level. They dont think it necessary to put the time into clearing the content, because they never had to!

Comparing it to an example, on Tulak Hord, our Raid Group on Pub Side has been working on clearing Nahut NIM for almost two months now! It is a hard boss to learn and to clear the first time. But we all have a good understanding of the classes we play, we played strategies that worked for our group and put the time in. Last Saturday we got our first kill.

Knowing the fight now it is alot easier to handle. Like with all other nim ops. In my opinion the ops are properly tuned for what they are suppose to be: Nightmare Ops. If.. you're willing to invest the time and improve.

Shameless plug with Nerd Screams: /watch?v=NYjfcDJpgzE

Edited by theDCx

4/5 prog doable with two pug tanks with cheevos.

DF is one op where you can basically bring a team with rather minimal HM+ experience and make it to Brontie without much hassle... The difficulty curve is weird there, some of the easiest nim bosses before one of the hardest in the entire game.

I dont understand this wierd "git gut nabs" mentality. People who are in the game for long time cleared old nims in farm status knowing the mechanics as if running hammer station saying "yay its better now ". How do you think people who just started progression be able to react on this jump? many who did clear the timed and survive past are struggling now, morale is so low that people thinking of moving on.

Be real no-one will stay that long to re-progress on old content who they did before, spending months to readjust. New teams will not be formed with new players entirely. If you think otherwise you are delusional, thinking everyone is same as in your bubble.

At the moment imo, problem is the damage taken. Successful clear relies on rng a lot and perfect class distribution in the team. Removal of vet stacks is easy hotfix of bw without necessary readjustments. it is ridiculous and kills the endgame.

Quite bad business decision from BW where they need to keep people after they ended their casual life. VM too easy to give sense of achievement and Nims are a brick wall for skilled but not %0.1 players for its ridiculous adjustments and for finding a group willing to progress.

As someone said before, remember people have a life, a job, responsibilities. Why not allowing people to enjoy old nims as a reachable goal?

if you are struggling with pulling enough dps or hps, you can just use a crystal

Do crystals even work anymore on scaled content, when base stats are capped?

And the problem really isn't doing enough dps or hps. Problem with old nims now is the insane damage output. They aren't scaled properly.

Do crystals even work anymore on scaled content, when base stats are capped?

And the problem really isn't doing enough dps or hps. Problem with old nims now is the insane damage output. They aren't scaled properly.

yea they do work, just like sorc buff they increase your stats over the cap limit

i dunno, i have done most old nightmares at this point loads of times and never noticed that being an issue, in reality as a healer i find that i spend most of my time offdpsing

yea they do work, just like sorc buff they increase your stats over the cap limit

i dunno, i have done most old nightmares at this point loads of times and never noticed that being an issue, in reality as a healer i find that i spend most of my time offdpsing

Thanks, that's really good to know in case we need more dps. Not sure if the endurance increase is still enough for tanks though, or if they even have the schematics, but it's good to know the option is still there.

Did SaV yesterday. 80k Swipe from Thrasher into my sintank carcass was a little bit overkill, but after I switched to jugg, we killed it on 3rd pull.

Knowing the history of the ops, Thrasher from the very beginning was the Sintanks' slaughtermachine, now it has this status again. Good to know now you have to adjust for fights. Probably, if second healer had a gear, not just bald 306, we could did it with sin on the ground, heh.

I still don't see how removal of the stacks killed the nightmares. They are interesting enough to play them again now and have a taste of doing something challenging, back in the 5.10 and 6.0 it was more like running flashpoints, every hammerstation hero made his wings and fancy titles.

Sorry but if your dying to trasher damage on a sin tank you are missing something because there's no way that should ever happen.

Probably has 4000 Shield and 2000 Absorb for trash multi hits instead of let's say 2900 Shield 3400 Absorb to handle single target bigger hits.

Just a theory...

=8-)