Operative Healer Gear Sets - Your Thoughts?

--Ramzes--

Hey all - I'm hoping to get some opinions about the best gear sets for an operative healer. Here are some of my initial thoughts:

Best Option:

Stimulated - if you rock the 480min stimpacks, you're really always under the effects of a stimpack...so this is essentially a permanent 5% mastery buff. It may not sound like a lot but at 10K mastery, it's 500 more to your primary stat that impacts every heal. Seems significant.

Maybe Option:

Tactician's - it sounds good but I'm not so sure. Unless they changed the soft cap on crit chance, then I am already maxed (or will be soon). So unless this 15% CC extends the cap, which I doubt, then it's useless. As to the 5% heal, it's only while you have a tactical advantage....which is microseconds when you're going down a heal rotation. So basically it's a 5% increase on a single heal. Say that's Kolto Infusion and it doesn't crit, then it's roughly a 700hp additional heal. Again, useless.

Worst Options:

Aggressive Treatment - sounds good but that "minor heal" is going to be so small it's useless.

Amplified Champions - admittedly I don't understand what this one does.

Avenger's - not for a healer

Berserker's - not for a healer

Debilitator's - just sucks

Probe Tech - sounds good but I've read about parsing it and it's only like 5K - aka useless

Quick Thinker - just sucks

Rapid Response - sounds good but I'm almost never below 50% health

Stationary Grit - not for a healer

Taskmaster's - sucks

The Slow Road - sucks

Victor's - not for a healer

Trishin's - not for a healer

--

Please let me know your thoughts!

Thx

Tactician's - it sounds good but I'm not so sure. Unless they changed the soft cap on crit chance, then I am already maxed (or will be soon). So unless this 15% CC extends the cap, which I doubt, then it's useless. As to the 5% heal, it's only while you have a tactical advantage....which is microseconds when you're going down a heal rotation. So basically it's a 5% increase on a single heal. Say that's Kolto Infusion and it doesn't crit, then it's roughly a 700hp additional heal. Again, useless.

Are you talking pvp healing or something?

For pve you're pretty much always running with at least one stack of TA (usually more), and gaining new stacks as fast as you spend them. That makes this set useful for both letting you gain an extra TA stack during the slack healing times, and by giving you what's basically a permanent 5% healing boost. You shouldn't be using up all your TA stacks outside of the rare fubar moments.

That's a fair argument. But would you say that a 5% healing boost is better than a 5% mastery boost? And do you know if anybody has ever parsed that?

I have not seen the formulas in years but I would expect that heals scale off both mastery and power. So 5% mastery is not likely to boost your heals by 5% whereas a 5% boost to healing is pretty sound. Also, a scoundrel healer should always have an upper hand up.

That is probably one of the two best scoundrel healing sets but I am no expert.

The set also provides an additional 15% Crit chance with decent uptime. Stimulated stops at 4 pieces, offering nothing else of value. The 2% alacrity rating is little more than a rounding error. It would have value if it offered an actual 2% alacrity.

Edited by ThatGuyToo

Aggressive Treatment - sounds good but that "minor heal" is going to be so small it's useless.

I tried that first since I got a few pieces out of the crates before starting to collect the tactician set and was curious what "minor" meant in numbers, its ticks heal a bit less than of kolto wave. Doing a quick test simply equipping it without any optimisation and healing with both abilities ends up in toxic haze doing 3588 vs 3800 non crit ticks of the waves, 5997 vs 6351 critical, scaling with stats like class buffs and so on. Though where the waves heal four ticks with full duration, toxic haze only has three over 6 seconds. Tooltip says the haze does 10440 damage, so not getting any critical ticks it actually heals about 300 points more than it does damage. The text says healing any ally standing inside but testing it on people idling at fleet pass spawn, it seems to be limited to eight targets just like kolto waves too..

It's not super great but I like it, I throw toxic haze at bosses and into the crowd of trash mobs and mdps anyway and like that it's energy neutral plus heals on top, so not total garbage.

Still will collect the tactician too though, not yet completed so no first hand experience nor numbers with that.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. I've decided to go Tactician's.

The biggest reason to go for Healing bonus over Mastery is that for the older raid content, Mastery is capped, so it wouldn't do anything for you in that content anyways.

Fixed mastery , endurance and power numbers dont work, like in gear, relics, stims, etc.

% mastery works tho. By example, the Tactical Overload abilities gives that +20% mastery, the 5% mastery from the set should work as well.

Tactican was proved to have the better output for healers, and the safest option.

After that, its your choice if you want to experiment with other sets. share the results if you do :p

Btw the Agressive Treatement set *could* be an option, depending of circonstances. It heals for more than it does dps, in hps numbers its between recup nanotech and kolto waves, and its working on 8 ppl , you can leave it there and move or heal on top of it, compared to the waves where you have to stay still and cast. Its also an energy free aoe heal.

I find it fun in fights where i dont have much to heal, fps, etc , because it does some dps, stun weak mobs, and heal. But as much as its fun, in harder content, tactician is still better tho.

Edited by jambalayabungee

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like Aggressive + Regenerative Waves would be great for HM Red, ppl tend to be grouped very tightly in that fight, and dtps is very high. 3rd boss as well. I have Aggresive 6 pcs but haven't put mods or augs in them yet so haven't tried it out, but planning on it maybe next week.

Tactician is my go-to set, but that's because I main lethality, so it's a bit of a hand-me-down with sub-optimal stats. At some point I'll make a Tactician healing set, probably have enough spare pieces already.

Also for the tactician's set, the 15% to crit is not to the stat rating (that has diminishing returns). The 15% here goes right to your crit percentage. Example if u hav 30% crit normally, then if u gained a tactical advantage u wud hav 45% crit. This flat buff to crit chance like class buffs.

• 2 weeks later...