Are you guys fixing nightmare mode Scum and villainy - Olok?

S&V worked fine for us, only issues was 6th boss with the armor debuff on the tanks, every 5 secs and cleanse is now on a longer cd, still doable tho

as for olok, are you sure you take the right droids?

TFB and DF worked fine aswell, we havnt gone back to dp nim yet

and how about terror from beyond NIM mode, nim brontes & nim raptus >.> and fix the underlurker already lol.

just in general - fix the raids

NiM brontes is easily killable, we one shot multiple sale runs (basically seven manned it) last lockout, so there's that. NiM Raptus is also killable, since we sold 2 Rancor runs as well last lockout, though the healing challenge is not tuned correctly, so you have to get creative.

Just wondering.... if all the ads on the 5th boss phase 1 will get their original numbers back instead fi randomly oneshotting people...

Olok is also killable, and the healers reported that they didn't even notice a difference.

As for NiM TFB I honestly haven't been in there since 3.0 so I can't speak to it.

Edited by justinplainview

Olok is also killable, and the healers reported that they didn't even notice a difference.

That's not really true, having done it, and checked on parsec, the Assault droids do 24k damage per GCD if unmitigated. In other words, in 2 GCD's they can drop a tank with bad mitigation luck, 3 GCD's even if they defend/shield a couple of hits (each attack is broken up into 3 hits).

The healers can claim they didn't notice a difference, but quite frankly I doubt it, unless your healers easily pump out something like 12k HPS single target. We were only able to kill it by going out of our way to always have a tank with saber reflect/saber ward combo for any assault droid, and focusing them first, which is NOT the normal strat on that fight and was not the way it was done pre 3.0.

What I don't understand is, you're in a guild that is doing absolute top of the line progression. Of course you can overcome bugs. That doesn't mean the bugs should be left in, because the top progression guild in the game can work around them. Instead, people should acknowledge the bugs so they can get taken care of, so thank you for this thread OP.

Edited by wadecounty

That's not really true, having done it, and checked on parsec, the Assault droids do 24k damage per GCD if unmitigated. In other words, in 2 GCD's they can drop a tank with bad mitigation luck, 3 GCD's even if they defend/shield a couple of hits (each attack is broken up into 3 hits).

The healers can claim they didn't notice a difference, but quite frankly I doubt it, unless your healers easily pump out something like 12k HPS single target. We were only able to kill it by going out of our way to always have a tank with saber reflect/saber ward combo for any assault droid, and focusing them first, which is NOT the normal strat on that fight and was not the way it was done pre 3.0.

What I don't understand is, you're in a guild that is doing absolute top of the line progression. Of course you can overcome bugs. That doesn't mean the bugs should be left in, because the top progression guild in the game can work around them. Instead, people should acknowledge the bugs so they can get taken care of, so thank you for this thread OP.

I'm sorry, but it was killed. It's done. I'm not saying your experience is invalid, but I'm saying it is killable, and the strat wasn't massively changed to do so (whereas the raptus nim healing challenge requires A LOT of tinkering). I'm not saying that bugs should not be fixed. I'm just sick of people trying to put every Operation bug in with the Underlurker bug. I'm sorry, but Brontes NiM is VERY killable. VERY much so. To imply that one hand going to 100% is just as bad as the Underlurker cross desyncing and killing half the raid is just disingenuous. I'm not at ALL say you don't fix bugs. But people just get ridiculously hyperbolic.

EDIT: Raulos, one of our main healers just told me word for word "I did not notice a difference, at all."

Again, the bugs need to be fixed. And I'm not trying to be on a high horse at all. Any and all operations bugs should be fixed. And if you guys had trouble with it, maybe we got lucky. My post is not at all to try and imply something IS NOT BUGGED. I just think that on a scale of what needs to be fixed, let's fix new bosses first, just IMHO

Edited by justinplainview

NiM brontes is easily killable, we one shot multiple sale runs (basically seven manned it) last lockout, so there's that. NiM Raptus is also killable, since we sold 2 Rancor runs as well last lockout, though the healing challenge is not tuned correctly, so you have to get creative.

As for NiM TFB I honestly haven't been in there since 3.0 so I can't speak to it.

It is doable we did kill it... and we did chose the correct bots for it as well... but somehow it is broken... phase one upstairs random killing people.... phase two sweeping the board below they still be have odd.... when it is down to olok himself it is absolutely no problem at all.

We did sweep every boss up to that one in like 30 minutes no deaths, anyhow in 8man NiM it seem like the droids do 16man damage instead of 8man or something, the same issue persist in hard mode as well, not to the same degree but close... first time ran this waaay back we where in 162/168 gear and did not encounter that problem, it seem to have been an issue since 3.0 came out..

Maybe you got a lucky puzzle with all mailbots down there or something, as we cleared it when it had like 3 or 4 of those present, yes we do know how to reset the puzzle as well ;-)

Its not a healing issue either, eg. malafar hardmode in the ToS doing like 5.8k eHPS lol

Edited by SBR_QuorTek

Can confirm that both SNV and TFB NiM can be cleared. We encountered a bug on operator where the colour deletion happened once and then never happened again. Olok isn't difficult. Requires tanks to hold aggro on buyer stage ect, but otherwise quite simple. Its worth noting that in nim you cannot have two artillery/assault droids in the same row.

Even if there was some bug in Scum and Villainy, don't even think about fixing it.

Just fix the bugs in current operations.

Seriously, what is wrong with people?

They have not even started fixing the far more urgent bugs in current operations and people are still asking them to waste time on tinkering with some old ops that nearly everyone is outleveled by now.

Dear Bioware, I beg of you. Please don't fix any bugs in Scum and Villainy even if there are some. All the time it would take to do that is better spent on fixing Temple of Sacrifice.

Even if there was some bug in Scum and Villainy, don't even think about fixing it.

Just fix the bugs in current operations.

Seriously, what is wrong with people?

They have not even started fixing the far more urgent bugs in current operations and people are still asking them to waste time on tinkering with some old ops that nearly everyone is outleveled by now.

Dear Bioware, I beg of you. Please don't fix any bugs in Scum and Villainy even if there are some. All the time it would take to do that is better spent on fixing Temple of Sacrifice.

My progression like your progression is on the new ops. However, asking the developers to only focus on YOUR content is elitist. There are yes people who aren't as hardcore of raiders yet who are still on older content trying to clear it before they attempt the new content. They as paying customers deserve to have the operations working as intended. Your content is not more or less important as theirs is.

The developers will fix what they can fix when they find the solutions to the problems.

• 2 weeks later...
Requires tanks to hold aggro on buyer stage ect, but otherwise quite simple.

How exactly. Looks like Wealthy Buyer is doing a lot of dmg, so he 1-2 shot people (i cannot say if some of them were not standing in aoe, but still not all) and he randomly swaps target, so just taunting was not working :)

I know he will be targeting the person that will receive a token.

So tank 1 receives one token then tank 2 and then we start to drop people ...

So I feel i lack understanding on this, any ideas ?

After very long time we returned to snv nim and Olok is broken. Before when we tried to kill him with level cap 55 adds there didnt do so much damage and we were in worse gear tier, now in mix of 192/198 our dps were one shotted and me and my tanking partner got smashed pretty was too. Healers did their best but if you loose half of your hp in single shot there isnt much to do.

Oh, and Underlurker seems ok for a now. Dont touch him BW or you break the fight again.

PS: justinplainview please keep you elitistic opinions to yourself, not all guilds cleared old nim content and I want it to be fixed in order to progress those old ops. We are not hardcore raiding guild, sure we focus on newest content but we still need to clear lvl 55 nims. If you know that fight well, you can use other ways, but if you are there for the first time after very long time, working with bugs can be tricky.

PS: justinplainview please keep you elitistic opinions to yourself, not all guilds cleared old nim content and I want it to be fixed in order to progress those old ops. We are not hardcore raiding guild, sure we focus on newest content but we still need to clear lvl 55 nims. If you know that fight well, you can use other ways, but if you are there for the first time after very long time, working with bugs can be tricky.

Theres nothing elitist about his posts in this thread. He just shared his experience since 3.0 and he specially stated that he doesn't say that there aren't any bugs.

Of course it can be taken with a grain of salt if a member of one of the, if not THE, top progression guilds in swtor tells us that there isn't any problem, sure. But my guild for example isn't anywhere near top progression and we also didn't have a problem with olok. Brontes was hard with one hand on 100%, but it was fixed in the patch that was supposed to fix raptus heal challenge. At least I haven't seen a 100% hand since then. And even Raptus heal challenge is doable with a bit of outside of the box thinking, at least in 8man ;)

Question is, is it maybe intended that it is harder? To keep the old content at least a bit challenging?

But the big problem is, this is 55 content. If it can't be done on 55, or is significantly harder than it was pre 3.0 on that level, something's not right, simple as that.

I would be very careful to where you're calling someone "elitist". It's understandable that we are a hardcore raiding guild, but he isn't posting to flex his e-peen or bragging about overcoming a bug. He's simply stating it's possible to beat the boss. Honestly, people need to quit complaining about bugs being a wall to their ops progression in open public, and start being creative. Work your way around bugs, and if it works, it works. Yes, it's saddening that BioWare hasn't fixed some fights, mostly ToS/Rav and also some old content, but take your complaints to the bug report forums and PMs to devs instead of crying over a broken toy.

Just coz Justin's in Zorz doesn't mean he has an elitist attitude. And Shulk's post, you gonna call him elitist too?

Fact of the matter is, Olok the Shadow may be bugged. It may not be. But people have cleared it. It's no longer a walk in the park. Thank god. That dude was literally the easiest boss in the instance pre 3.0 to the point where I healed it in ****** Arkanian/Underworld gear.

Oh, and have your tanks roll CDs. They hit hard yeah, but it's NiM. NiM is supposed to be hard.

Telling people to simply work around bugs seems odd. If i remember correctly the last boss in NiM tfb was not passable without a bug when it was first released and it would die at like 60% or something... I could have details wrong it was a while ago. Should BW not have fixed it because it was still beatable? Plenty of groups beat underlurker before fixes, was that reason not to fix it? From our experience Olok is harder on the tanks/heals than anything in NiM DF and it was never like that before the patch so I can only assume it's a bug. If a non tank pulls aggro at all its a one shot which I never remember in the past.

I agree that throwing your hands up and quitting only to swiftly hit the forums and qq isn't the right attitude, but neither is suggesting things not be fixed simply because some people can work around the bugs.

I wasn't implying that they shouldn't fix it. What I was saying is that while it's maybe bugged, you can still clear it. Just complaining on the forums "OMG BIOOWAR FIX DIS BUGGG" is useless in the main scheme of things when, if you put time into, you can actually pass the check. It's just a much tighter check then it used to be/should be.

Did you try it recently on 16m? The outgoing damage is greater than the new operations. Both Olok droids that cost 2 tokens hit like trucks and require all cool downs to survive with spiked healing, we did make it past the second phase once with a few casualties but it would take multiple tanks to alternate blowing cool downs (3+) to handle the spiky damage. Not to mention the wealth buyer can now 2-3 dps were when the content was current I could tank 6 hits at least from him as a dps. It definitely bugged in a way that makes it harder than it was at release and current content on 16m

Just complaining on the forums "OMG BIOOWAR FIX DIS BUGGG" is useless in the main scheme of things when, if you put time into, you can actually pass the check.

In your opinion complaining about bugs is useless?

And if you don't find away around the bugs, then it's your own fault?

Please take into account that propably 99% of all players aren't hardcore raiders, but they want to complete bugged operations too, and don't forget they are paying for the game.

For very late information, we did kill it in NiM... and for some of the posts here, then I am like ***... quit the stupid egos and work for the better and be constructive, instead of going this or that rather launch alternatives in how to beat it while it is bugged, I am or was merely just putting down that there is an issue, the other bosses is easy as cake in my point of view, but still been working on styrak.

Aesthesis & Zorz, be constructive please, it is not like it is rocket science killing this nightmare content -_-

For very late information, we did kill it in NiM... and for some of the posts here, then I am like ***... quit the stupid egos and work for the better and be constructive, instead of going this or that rather launch alternatives in how to beat it while it is bugged, I am or was merely just putting down that there is an issue, the other bosses is easy as cake in my point of view, but still been working on styrak.

Aesthesis & Zorz, be constructive please, it is not like it is rocket science killing this nightmare content -_-

TBH even though you're the OP, your post was about as constructive as the Zorz/Aisthesis posts you're calling out.

It amounts to nothing more than "Hey guys, stop complaining about those people who are complaining... oh... and try to be more helpful... btw, we managed to down it, it's not really that hard".

Either way, we managed to do 16m last night, Olok took ~3 attempts so we could see what people were complaining about and stop people derping.

In terms of being "constructive", it all basically amounted to:

- Wave 6 - mDPS killed the summoned add and ignored the bodyguards (because Flame Sweep thing OP).

- Obfuscate/Pacify, Saber Reflect , Diversion and Tank Def. CD rotation on Artillery and Assault Droids... the latter usually died about halfway through the 2nd Obfuscate (when cast back-to-back).

TBH even though you're the OP, your post was about as constructive as the Zorz/Aisthesis posts you're calling out.

It amounts to nothing more than "Hey guys, stop complaining about those people who are complaining... oh... and try to be more helpful... btw, we managed to down it, it's not really that hard".

Either way, we managed to do 16m last night, Olok took ~3 attempts so we could see what people were complaining about and stop people derping.

In terms of being "constructive", it all basically amounted to:

- Wave 6 - mDPS killed the summoned add and ignored the bodyguards (because Flame Sweep thing OP).

- Obfuscate/Pacify, Saber Reflect , Diversion and Tank Def. CD rotation on Artillery and Assault Droids... the latter usually died about halfway through the 2nd Obfuscate (when cast back-to-back).

Yes but it merely seem like a giant dick contest though, sorry for speaking my mind -_- and yes these moves you mentioned is helpfull, but it still is a pain in the rear somewhat, but goes with the content of course... I just wish the devs would start concerning themself on the game they create instead of breaking it all the time ;)

In your opinion complaining about bugs is useless?

And if you don't find away around the bugs, then it's your own fault?

Please take into account that propably 99% of all players aren't hardcore raiders, but they want to complete bugged operations too, and don't forget they are paying for the game.

Complaining about a bug isn't useless. Complaining about a bug 15 times is. You let them know once, and then remind them again in a few days/a weeks time. And do it in a manner that doesn't sound like you're whining or demanding anything. That just comes off wrong.

This is SnV NIM. NIM. This is the actually NIM difficulty before they implemented NiM Power. I don't do 16m content so I can't talk about the DtPS in there, but when I passed Olok NiM 2 weeks ago, I cleared it in a pug with people still in 55 gear. And we cleared it with people who had never set foot in it before/never cleared it.

For the record, I did post help. You HAVE to roll DCDs for this fight as a tank or you WILL die. If you're on the Artillery Droid, it's pretty much taunt on CD and run around the room and hope to god you don't have too much latency and get hit by the red circle. For Assault, roll DCDs and hope your healers can keep you up. Oh, and drop aggro on CD. Because they will one-shot you as a DPS.

If you're having trouble in the top level, don't stand in circles, and always have the Wealthy Buyer hitting a tank and not a DPS. Even in 2.X, the Wealthy Buyer would 2-shot or 3-shot people in 8m, nevermind the circles that would actually 1-shot you if you stood in them.

That's how we cleared it with Vanguard/Shadow Tank combo, 2 Sage/2 Shadow DPS. Didn't have Pacify else that would've helped a tonnnnnn.