PvP server selection should show Imperial-to-Rebel ratio

Chubbysnowman

I don't know if others feel the same way but I hate joining a PvP server blindly. Not knowing the ratio of Imperials to Rebels on a PvP server sucks. Reasons being:

• Unbalanced Warzone queue times
  • One faction out numbers the other consistently in Open World PvP
  • Due to uneven ratio one side constantly dominates objectives, zones, etc.
  • The out numbered faction typically has to quest or participate in zones at odd times during the day to avoid constantly being out numbered which takes away from the fun of consistent Open World PvP

There are probably others but I want to keep this short. I just don't want to be in a situation down the road where I have 3 Rebel characters but PvP is a drag since Rebels out number the Imperials. I could roll an Imperial character but that then separates my characters so I can't share items, crew skills, etc. plus I end up ditching 3 characters that I spent a lot of time on. There is the option of allowing paid "faction changes" or "server transfers" but having to pay for each character blows especially when I had no information to make an educated server selection in the beginning. Plus I'm sure a lot of ppl would hate the idea of allowing "faction changes".

My suggestions:

• Imperial-to-Rebel ratio shown on the server selection screen (primarily for PvP servers)
  • Offer free server transfers for servers with unbalanced faction ratios OR give each character 1 free server transfer that they can use if they so desire

Just offering my opinions. This is in no way a QQ post or a "I demand this or I quit" post. What are your guys opinions on this?

*EDIT: My bad for not using Empire-to-Republic or whatever the faction names are, you get the point. There always has to be critics :)

Edited by Chubbysnowman

I don't know if others feel the same way but I hate joining a PvP server blindly. Not knowing the ratio of Imperials to Rebels on a PvP server sucks. Reasons being:

• The out numbered faction typically has to quest or participate in zones at odd times during the day to avoid constantly being out numbered which takes away from the fun of consistent Open World PvP

I want to be out numbered. That way I do not have to search all over to get my GANK on.:D

But like the OP suggested it would be nice to know the ratio before joining.

Edited by Knott

I like the idea of 'one transfer in the lifetime of your character' idea. The question is whether the 'financial overlords' would allow that, or if it would cut too much into the zillions of dollars they could make charging for it.

I want to be out numbered. That way I do not have to search all over to get my GANK on.:D

But like the OP suggested it would be nice to know the ratio before joining.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer being a little out numbered as well. But on the opposite spectrum, I would hate to have to spend a lot of time searching around for the enemy when the faction I play on out numbers the other. So just to reiterate, some kind of system that helps balance the servers would be nice.

I do understand it's the first day... I'm just making a suggestion for a possible future feature if other ppl see it useful.

also with huttball the unbalanced que times should not be a problem, you can que up and go up against your own faction.

I definitely lean more towards World PvP so Huttball doesn't really help. Plus I doubt anyone wants to play just Huttball as their primary form of PvP.