Why did my monthly sub increase from $15 to $16.17?

Jawa

I really haven't been playing SWTOR a lot lately, but I didn't see any updates as to why the costs would change. One more reason to leave SWTOR, but I was surprised at this after being in SWTOR since Day One.

OMG a whole $1.17 however will you cope!!!!

That's nearly 2 1/2 days of sub time. Or a 20oz bottle of water/soda. :p

It would add up though. After 13 months, he'd have paid for 14 months and nearly half a day ($15.21 in taxes alone).

Edited by PorsaLindahl

Hate to say this but the $14.99 1 Month sub is actually $16.17 after tax in the US. That is the normal US sub cost if your doing it one month at a time.

Actually would depend on the state with regard to the taxes. I pay $16.03 a month so it might be our taxes are a bit cheaper.

Actually would depend on the state with regard to the taxes. I pay $16.03 a month so it might be our taxes are a bit cheaper.

True, I'm just used to the 8% from where I am, but regardless Sales tax would explain why it is at roughly $16 + change.

I really haven't been playing SWTOR a lot lately, but I didn't see any updates as to why the costs would change. One more reason to leave SWTOR, but I was surprised at this after being in SWTOR since Day One.

If you’re in canada the tax went up from 7 to 15% for online services like netflix and i guess swtor falls in that as well.

Edit: only quebec actually. They added the provincial sales tax.

Edited by Dimoxinil