Nightmare DF Draxus

So, I have a question. We are on Draxus, and we are absolutely crushing the first 4 phases, each dps is around 3400 dps, and then when we get to wave 5, after we kill corruptors in back and bulwarks on the sides, we only get the boss to 47% and there are some adds still up, when the next wave spawns, and that is only around the 3 minute mark, is it possible we're pushing the phases too fast? Or are we still behind in dps, which I dont feel is it. But, we're having some trouble. Seems like we're getting cut short on time compared to other groups/vids. Also in the first phase, we pile all the subteroths together and have tank force shroud stacks, cutting down on some enrage time, dont know if thats a problem. Edited by adrunktick

I think the timer for each phase is independent, so it's irrelevant how fast you kill the subteroths in the first phase like you said. If your DPS say they're doing 3400 each, they're lying. Draxus pushes in that phase at 28%, so your DPS is way too low.

If you are getting to wave 6 with Draxus up, you are short on DPS. Can try 1 tank 5 dps method or just hold Draxus while you handle wave 6 adds

It may be the case, but we've timed it and we're getting to wave 6 faster than most groups and even the vids you've posted, we're there first, we're getting there very fast, I dont see how we can be under dps.

I think the timer for each phase is independent, so it's irrelevant how fast you kill the subteroths in the first phase like you said. If your DPS say they're doing 3400 each, they're lying. Draxus pushes in that phase at 28%, so your DPS is way too low.

We're all in parsec together, its not like we're lying to each other, we're trying to rule out possibilities to what's going on exactly.

We're clearing despoilers and bulwarks all together, before getting all dps onto draxus. I guess we'll try keeping up despoilers, and kill draxus.

He is referring to dispatchers, not despoilers as there are no despoilers during that wave. (member of his group) just wanted to clarify :)

Ryvolt - Sniper - The Shadowlands

As you stated, your team is blowing up the subteroths and thus they are getting a massive DPS boost in the beginning. If your team is using offensive cooldowns during this phase instead of saving them for phase 5 and 6, their priorities are messed up. There's nothing really wrong with blowing up all the subteroths around the same time, but DPS need to be prepared for future phases in their positioning and cooldowns because those are far more important. Edited by Vaidinah

We are up to wave 8 at the moment. What we do in phase 5 is keep one on the left up and switch to the boss everyone pops adrenals and Sent/Mara pops inspiration he then drops to the required 30% easy enough.

We run a group of 5 DPS and 1 Tank so we do have a bit more DPS to compensate.

I wouldn't say your DPS is too low; it sounds like you are spending too much time on the adds and then don't have much time left for the boss.

When we were on the boss, we had two DPS handle the add groups west/east while the other three DPS were on the south group, and once the south group was down, those three went straight to the boss. That way, the boss was at roughly 32% when wave 6 spawned.

In the beginning, we had five DPS in the south who then went west/east first, but then we had the same problem as you that the boss took too little damage.

Edited by Jerba

I wouldn't say your DPS is too low; it sounds like you are spending too much time on the adds and then don't have much time left for the boss.

When we were on the boss, we had two DPS handle the add groups west/east while the other three DPS were on the south group, and once the south group was down, those three went straight to the boss. That way, the boss was at roughly 32% when wave 6 spawned.

In the beginning, we had five DPS in the south who then went west/east first, but then we had the same problem as you that the boss took too little damage.

No, it's low. They should be fully capable of 30~32% with 4 DPS, not 5.

No, it's low. They should be fully capable of 30~32% with 4 DPS, not 5.

I did not say that you absolutely need five DPS, I just said that you need to have a DPS on the boss even while other DPS are on the adds.

My raid group chose to use five DPS but other groups may be able to kill the boss with 4 DPS. Just make sure to either kill the adds super fast, or assign one or two DPS to go to the boss while the other DPS handle the remaining adds.

Also make sure to always leave a Dispatcher alive so that you have the full 55 seconds of wave 5 and that wave 6 does not spawn early.

Edited by Jerba

Dont know about your setup but it kinda sounds you had many aoe classes like dotsmash maro's. The lack in single target dps. Your dps sounds much when looking at parsec but there is not enough dps on the boss. So there is a lack of focus dps. My guildmates have like 3.1k dps at the end of the Draxus fight, bc the have high burst high single target dmg. Aoe isnt that important, it just looks nice on parsec especially in the phase you are describing focus dmg is important. As you dont describe how you do that phase men cant really help you to improve your tactics.

To your Question " Is our dps to low" - no its not, but its not concentrated enough. ITs not there when needed.

You say your DPS are pushing 3400 but how much of that is padded by AOE? It's easy to hit rediculous numbers when AOEing the subteroths and dispatchers down but that doesn't mean your actually pulling the DPS needed when it counts (Burning Corruptors, Draxus, etc)

My raid group chose to use five DPS but other groups may be able to kill the boss with 4 DPS. Just make sure to either kill the adds super fast, or assign one or two DPS to go to the boss while the other DPS handle the remaining adds.

Also make sure to always leave a Dispatcher alive so that you have the full 55 seconds of wave 5 and that wave 6 does not spawn early.

I second the suggestion of using 5 DPS. There is NO NEED for 2 tanks in this fight at all. The only time they're useful is when the Guardians come down and a DPS with a taunt can handle that.

Edited by Terro_Fett

Contrary to popular belief, there are only certain phases where a ludicrous amount of damage is required. We have sufficient damage in our group but yet to polish our execution :). This is our kill video from a few nights ago. Our scoundrel died because he had a bugged animation from the dismantler. In any case, you guys need to streamline a bit better in my opinion and you will be fine.

To your Question " Is our dps to low" - no its not, but its not concentrated enough. ITs not there when needed.

<3

Edited by Leafy_Bug

You say your DPS are pushing 3400 but how much of that is padded by AOE? It's easy to hit rediculous numbers when AOEing the subteroths and dispatchers down but that doesn't mean your actually pulling the DPS needed when it counts (Burning Corruptors, Draxus, etc)

I second the suggestion of using 5 DPS. There is NO NEED for 2 tanks in this fight at all. The only time they're useful is when the Guardians come down and a DPS with a taunt can handle that.

No padded aoe #s would be 4200+. 3400 was our average attempts, we have two dot smash marauders, a leth/MM sniper and a eng sniper.

Speaking of Nightmare Draxus, has anyone wiped due to tank's interrupt failing to do it's job on mass affliction cast yet?

Not due to the tank, but we wiped once because my interrupt as a healer failed since I only had 91% accuracy. :(

After that, I respecced to remove 1% healing and gain 94% accuracy. Fortunately. after that the RNG gods were favorable to us and once we got a good try, both interrupts from the healers got through and we were able to kill Draxus. :)

Edited by Jerba

Speaking of Nightmare Draxus, has anyone wiped due to tank's interrupt failing to do it's job on mass affliction cast yet?

We have experienced the same RNG with our team. Anyone responsible for an interrupt who has less than 100% accuracy runs the risk of having their interrupt fail.

As a member of the op's group I would like to thank everyone first for their constructive input regarding this fight. Hopefully, with everyone contributing some input it will help not only our group but others as well manage this fight a little better and to understand the phases better. Our guild was not one of those who had many weeks of practice on the PTS and are basically in farm mode on this fight. We like to go in take our time and learn the mechanics so we have something to do when the content is released. This is not a knock on those guilds who have taken the time to learn these fights on the PTS rather then a statement to show how our progression works. More power to those people who have it on farm and congrats to all the guilds who have done this and beyond already.

With that said, I did a bunch of research last night, and our DPS isn't anywhere near low or lacking. However, I have learned a lot and now know we are handling this phase 5 wrong and probably pushing through faster then we need to in phases 1-4. We are way ahead of ANY video I've researched in phase 1-4. I now see this as a problem more then being a good thing. By us pushing so fast, without any offensive cd's mind you, we are stressing heals and by the time we get to wave 5 so fast we are behind there where we could take some time in between to catch up. We did not know the phases were independent of each other so that changes everything.

As for the lack of focused single target DPS I tend to disagree on this point. Dot smash mars still hold very high single target DPS numbers and absolutely CRUSH the AOE phases in between as well. Also, with a MM Sniper there is so much burst there. Would it be better if one of our marauders switch to carnage? It's something we may consider but I don't see it as our main issue.

Lastly, and please do not take this as a knock on the people who use 5 DPS because it's not my intention, however my PERSONAL opinion is that this should not even have to be considered with our group composition and DPS numbers. I almost feel like we'd be cheating ourselves out of an achievement if we ran with 5 DPS as that would make this fight incredibly more manageable. To me NiM content SHOULD be something that pushes us to our limits and challenges our capabilities not something for us to find a work around to just get through it. Again, just a personal opinion and in the end to each their own.

Now for my questions since you haven't read enough already ;p

- What percentage are you getting Draxus to before the 1st phase? I want to say our best was 84% without offensive cd's.

- What is the time you enter phase 5, and how long is this phase lasting in seconds? Our's is ending at the 48 second mark.

- How are you handling the adds in phase 5? Obv everything has to die south 1st, but are you splitting DPS left/right/south or sending all south then splitting respective DPS left right to kill Bulwark and then jumping to boss?

- Are you leaving the Dispatchers up in phase 5 on the left and right until the boss jumps?

Again, thanks to all who have contributed constructive feedback and good luck to all working on this fight!