Directive 7: The Interrogator

Okay, you have trolled us long enough. Can you fix this now? or at least disable the boss to make it a bit easier for us to get by it? I don't know the first thing about coding bosses, but what I do know is that I could have taken a class on how to code a boss and fixed this one by now. So if you really aren't trolling us, can you at least focus on this a little more than making the ability bars into a stobe light dance party? This is getting out of hand. But on a more serious note, I did this boss yesterday and when I got cloned as a merc we had the bounty hunter clone pop out of the left cloning station, and then 3 sith warriors popped out of the one on the right, followed by 3 more bounty hunters on the left. Oh, and there was no sith warrior in the group. Hilarious, right? Please stop trolling us and either fix or disable this boss.

It's been almost two months and this hasn't been fixed yet. Embarrasing...

Today, went in with a Merc and instead of just bugging out and spawning Merc copies, it decided to give us som Marauder clones too. Why, thank you. :)

GG, Bioware.

I don't get it either why they don't fix it. I assume though it must be not that easy since they haven't done it yet. As you mentioned the bug is known since beta.

But what you can do is to pull the boss down the stairwell into the room from which you get to the Interrogator. It seems that the clones are having a hard time getting down there so you can kill the boss without being interrupted by countless bounty hunter clones (the shield he obtains after spawning a clone just lasts 20 secs). I know it's annoying but using this you can at least progress easily.

Edited by Cheesenugget

Yep went and tryed this once again only to find out it happens on agents too. He would clone the agenst then two sith warriors would come out, we would kill the agent then 3 more would spawn yay. So far every patch this bug I have hope would get fix in hasn't. After today I've decide I'm never going back to Directive 7.:D

Bioware fail nr 3467584763

What we did.

Run past the boss to hit the button an get the update.

Have a assassin go stealth and everyone run back to the stairs.

Wipe and have the assassin rez everyone.

Now pray you don't die anymore because when u enter the flashpoint you will spawn between mobs and behind the boss.

Its seriously shocking how bugged everything is atm.

Today, went in with a Merc and instead of just bugging out and spawning Merc copies, it decided to give us som Marauder clones too. Why, thank you. :)

At least things stay interesting that way. :>

My Mercenary never produced any excess copios of herself ... maybe your just doing it wrong :p

Yep, this is definitely a major problem. I had a group excited to complete this flashpoint last night. What was supposed to be an enjoyable evening playing your game with some friends ended in frustration. First, the three droids encounter bugged out and one of them became permanently immune to damage and we had to wipe and reset it before winning. This Interrogator encounter was the final straw. Every time our Commando (main healer in the group) was chosen, a ton of Sith adds would spawn out of the other side and wipe us.

It's completely ridiculous if this has been known since beta and hasn't been fixed. Not a good sign for how this game is being run going forward.

Came across this yesterday and just about managed to do it.

Today same as the OP, as soon as it clones the Bounty Hunter in our group the cloning system goes haywire and spits out clones of each character constantly, first it was 1x BH and 3x Sith Warriors immediately at the first clone stage.

Wiped first time, second time managed to down the boss but were overwhelmed by the cc immune clone army.

See screenshot...

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr173/pudsley/Directive7InterrogatorClonebug.jpg

Edited by Pudsley

Came across this yesterday and just about managed to do it.

Today same as the OP, as soon as it clones the Bounty Hunter in our group the cloning system goes haywire and spits out clones of each character constantly, first it was 1x BH and 3 Sith Warriors immediately at the first clone stage.

Wiped firs time, second time managed to down the boss but were overwhelmed by the non CC clone army.

See screenshot...

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr173/pudsley/Directive7InterrogatorClonebug.jpg

ROFL. Quite literally, an "attack of the clones".

Seriously Bioware, are you even working on this?

Edited by Tarka

Someday I'd like to actually go through an entire FP without some RNG related bug that may or may not let you clear it.

Seriously, this game is nearly 2 months old, fix your F*&^ing game. This is clearly something that should have been fixed ages ago, why it hasn't yet is absolutely mind blowing.

• 1 month later...

We found a way to deal with it and also noticed when it happens.

Our group make up was Assassin, Sorc, Jugg and BH.

When it scanned any of them except me (BH) we were fine with one clone. The second I was scanned the fight would go nuts and a ton of NPC would be scanned. The multiples would not be always mercs they were all random.

What we did was click on the panel behind the boss in the next room and we spawned directly behind the boss (Be prepared though as there are mobs in the room when you re-enter the room after you respawn.

We focused on the boss, killed one copy, went back to the boss and DPS/healed through to kill the boss. I would say the only part is luck is if the BH gets scanned last. As it gives you enough time to kill the boss. After the boss is dead ....the clones still keep respawning, no matter what so you will just have to die but at least you killed the boss.

We did find that it's was myself (bounty hunter class) that was causing the bug with him for sure. None of the other class made this bug out on the fight but from what I hear as well, that it happens with Operatives as well. Just a heads up and a way to get by that boss till they fix it as it's not "Working as intended" It's an obvious bug.

Edited by Ravedge

Posted this earlier. Let me know how it goes

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=283203

Its cool that you posted this man, but the point is the FP has been broke for months. Looks like some lazy people made this game, how can that big of a bug be in a major mission like a fp on a major boss? Fix not just this but the entire game. Big let down so far. sorry.

<sarcasm> Working as intended </sarcasm>

But really this is annoying. Ran a normal D7 last night to help someone level (lvl 48 dps) I was healer with a tank and dps all at 50 and we almost wiped to this. Took all i had to keep everyone up I'm not sure how anyone does this on hard when it bugs like that. We only saw clones of us, not other classes but 4 or 5 at a time. Is it possible there is something the group needs to do to prevent the clones?

The fact that a run-stopping bug like this is still around with no word on being fixed anytime soon does not bode well for this game. It's an indicator of where the developers' priorities lie: On giving us content and changes they think we want or need, not on making sure what we already have actually works.

That's not to say Bioware hasn't fixed a lot of bugs since launch. But priorities need to be made. Having a Mercenary DPS autofiring Rapid Shots at a dead mob is annoying, but it won't kill a player's evening. Interrogator bugging out (or Soa reaching into his magic bag of nonsense) will do just that.

No one is going to care about vanity perks through Legacy months down the line if they still don't have launch content running properly. I hope the devs realize this soon.

Edited by Foxchain

Bioware fail nr 3467584763

What we did.

Run past the boss to hit the button an get the update.

Have a assassin go stealth and everyone run back to the stairs.

Wipe and have the assassin rez everyone.

Now pray you don't die anymore because when u enter the flashpoint you will spawn between mobs and behind the boss.

Its seriously shocking how bugged everything is atm.

what would be really funny is if they considered this an exploit and fixed this before the boss ;) haha

This happened to my guild last night. We determined that it only bugged when it scanned the agent, and whenever it released an agent clone it would also release at least 3x Sith Warrior clones. We also determined that who it scans appears to be threat-based. Wth the agent constantly dumping his threat with countermeasures, and 2 juggernauts using threat-generating moves every single time they hit cooldown no matter who the Interrogator was attacking, he only scanned the juggernauts, and we stopped getting the clone issue. If you've got a class along that triggers the bug, I would be interested if seeing them drop their threat as low as possible and having the tank(s) maximize theirs will help anyone else evade the bug.