Double-bladed saber for Marauder/Sentinel!!!

Noollig

Where's the double saber for these guys? I don't like the look of the dual wielding but a double-bladed lightsaber would make me want to roll one! I went with a Jugg just because I don't want to dual wield sabers... now I look like a robot.

C'mon bioware, how about a double-bladed saber for the Marauders and Sentinels who want the look!

No.

Why would they allow you to take on the iconic look of another class? Why not just let them have jet packs and guns too?

The iconic look of the assassin?

When I think double-bladed saber, I think of Darth Maul, not a a dude in a dress and a feathered voodoo mask. Darth Maul seems more like a marauder to me than an assassin (even though he was an assassin).

The robot look of Juggs, ok. Darth Vader was robot-like.

It kinda sucks that assassins still force lighting people to death in cut-scenes instead of using the saber.

No.

Why would they allow you to take on the iconic look of another class? Why not just let them have jet packs and guns too?

Actually, if you look at Sentinel PvP armor... we already have Jet Packs. They just don't work.

Sentinel PvP armor is probably the most god awful designed piece of trash I've ever seen.

On topic: Sure. Why not. Personally, I always felt the style of your lightsaber should not have been determined by your class, but by personal choice.

Edited by McVade

The different weapon types let you quickly identify what you are facing in PvP.

Single Saber held high or waist-level: Guardian/Juggernaut.

Single Saber held low and back: Sage/Sorc

Double-bladed Saber: Shadow/Assassin

Dual-wield Sabers: Sentinel/Marauder

Rifle: Vanguard

Autocannon: Commando

Single Blaster + Heavy Armor: Powertech

Dual Blaster + Heavy Armor: Mercenary

Single Blaster + Medium Armor: Scoundrel/Operative

Dual Blaster + Medium Armor: Gunslinger

Sniper Rifle: Sniper

Personally, I increasingly think that the dual-blade sabre is misapplied to the assassin class.

It would probably make more sense being the Marauder weapon, with dual-wielding being the Assassin ability.

The trouble is, I suspect, 'film identification features' nerfing *each other*.

The Jedi Sentinel class is fairly obviously based on prequel Anakin- medium (leather) armour, fights based on agility and flexibility, notable penchant for dual-wielding, as contrasted to a 'indestructible just keeps coming till he kills you' Guardian like Mace Windu.

Thus, the Sentinel gets the 'two sabres', so Marauder ends up getting the same, for the sake of the accursed nerf-everything-else-for-no-good-reason PvP balance rubbish. Slightly ironic, given that Darth Maul in all other respects is obviously a Marauder. :D

My objection's the opposite of yours- I want to play Shadows and Assassins, for the 'flexible force power/lightsabre combination mix'... but I'd prefer to have a 'normal' sabre- or two- rather than the Double Ended Stick.

It really is annoying that classes and their weapon choices are so *rigid* in this game. Rapid PvP identification really isn't that important, if someone wants to dress or wield 'out of character' to confuse the enemy, sacrificing a certain stat optimisation to do it... well, that's a legitimate tactic, in my view, and would be a fun one. I'm already determined to set out to dress my sentinel as a gunslinger, as much as possible.

Regardless... I hate to mention the word, but WoW at least had multiple optional proficiencies for character weapon usage- even better in the pre-Lich King era when you could actually *train* different weapons. It'd be nice if, rather than Shadow/Assassin being *tied* to the Stick, or losing half their abilities, the Stick were a weapon which either Assassin/Shadows *or* Sentinel/Marauders... or even possibly Guardian/Juggernauts, seeing as the Stick makes more sense defensively anyway, *could* choose to train, with the effect of having a higher max damage but lower critical chance/accuracy rating and speed than a conventional sabre- which seem like logical stat adjustments to me, given the nature of the weapon.

Sure being able to use it would be Ok, but we would be nerfing ourselves doing so, so if we give Doublesabers to Warriors/Guardians id say give Techblades/Staffs to Troopers and Agents, A Tree for Techblade usage for the Vanguard and Powertech would be awesome, however it will probably not happen( But there is always the legacy system)

I'd trade my Assassins double-bladed thing to two proper light sabers any time.

Except that I couldn't even if they gave us that option since I deleted my level 50 Assassin after deciding that I simply can't take the derp animation. It looked like I was running around sweeping the floor with a lightsaber broomstick.

Edited by jaakkeli

The different weapon types let you quickly identify what you are facing in PvP.

Single Saber held high or waist-level: Guardian/Juggernaut.

Single Saber held low and back: Sage/Sorc

Double-bladed Saber: Shadow/Assassin

Dual-wield Sabers: Sentinel/Marauder

Rifle: Vanguard

Autocannon: Commando

Single Blaster + Heavy Armor: Powertech

Dual Blaster + Heavy Armor: Mercenary

Single Blaster + Medium Armor: Scoundrel/Operative

Dual Blaster + Medium Armor: Gunslinger

Sniper Rifle: Sniper

Operatives use rifles XD

I remember once seeing a Sith Juggernaut in level 40 Bounty Hunter PVP gear, and wielding one of the buster-sword Vibroblades from the Taris Commendation vendor.

Aside from making me giggle and looking like a fruit loop, it was interesting to watch enemy players use Bounty Hunter-kill techniques, only to realize too late they were fighting a Juggernaut.

If you brought a vibrosword with unclassified military heavy armor into PVP, would they be able to tell your a Jedi?

It might take an extra second, but yea they should. Troopers/BH can't use melee weapons and Operatives can't use heavy armor (not to mention they can't have their knife visible save during combat animations).

Upon addition of a new need/greed system, the classes can be set up for a balance by weapon choice.

When people are finally able to be "assigned" gear by the system (so that they can be only needed by those who can use it) the association of new weapons by certain classes will be better taken-in by the players. You can't simply try to integrate a new change to the gameplay of the game without spelling it out for an MMORPG audience.

In short, we, as a collective player base, are slow and need things spoon-fed to us.

• 1 month later...