So... When do Bounty Hunters, actually get to... you know, Hunt.

RudolfHoess

Of course not. This is not Galaxys (I am very glad of that), and the game system we have is not really geared up for player hunting. Think about it, if you had a contract for a player, how c ould you ever find them? There are MANY areas on each side that are not accessible to the other side, so a "hunt" would be pointless.

*IF* they ever want to add this feature it will require a major change to a lot of this game, not to mention all the QQ that will result when a BH gets a feature that no one else would get, or if they allowed anyone to do the "hunting" then what would be the point in playing a huner (beyond the current reasons that is, and BH is my favorite class).

From your terrible grammar I can tell you were probably not of the age to have enjoyed swg, Galaxies** on a live server pre-cu. The BH system actually worked quite well in that game. I am not asking for a new SWG, I am asking for MMO elements. If the only games you have played in the past are WoW and WoW clones please do not comment, you have not enjoyed a real mmorpg.

I dunno, seems they could use a narrow version of the LFG tool (if implemented). You agree to be hunted (for what ever reason) bounty goes up and hunter agrees to contract.

Have a simple interface on each planet that the hunter has to access to see players on that planet. Then you'd have to actualy go hunt them down.

Maybe spice it up a bit and the hunted player would get a call from one of his NPC companions saying " I think your being followed, look out" or something....? This message would only take place when the Hunter steps foot on the correct planet.

Fun part is you could set up a ambush for the hunter. On a pvp server you and your friends could wait for him to come looking for you and mob him =)

Title says it all, will we ever be able to hunt other players? I was shocked when I first came into game a few months back and made my first char a BH of course :) and found out I couldn't actually hunt people. Is this a joke?

what would have ever given you the idea that you could get bounties to hunt players?

this is a PVE game, no matter how much the pvp qqers want to argue.

pvp in this game is a JOKE, pathetic with no world pvp at all, so until there is actual world pvp dont expect much. Our spawns are many miles appart, you never see the other side at all from 1 to 50 unless you actively leave your leveling area to go to theirs.

if you want to hunt players feel free, blast on over to republic area's and hunt them

spoon feeding content is the biggest problem with mmo's today, you want to hunt, then go hunt... WOW has ruined mmo gamers for at least one generation.

the pve in this game is on par with everything except WOW (which has 7 years of content to burn through)... but the pvp... zomg how bad, you cant even get 100 people in a zone without it lagging out.

fyi... if this is a troll, it is an ok one

From your terrible grammar I can tell you were probably not of the age to have enjoyed swg, Galaxies** on a live server pre-cu. The BH system actually worked quite well in that game. I am not asking for a new SWG, I am asking for MMO elements. If the only games you have played in the past are WoW and WoW clones please do not comment, you have not enjoyed a real mmorpg.

meh, my grammar is always poor on the board... i misuse punctuation and do not use caps hardly at all

been around since 98 in UO tbh and am highly educated to boot

can you tell by my grammar? not in the least

i put about as much effort into posting in this game as it deserves, it is candy, entertainment, not work

i do not spell check nor do i proofread... stream of conciousness posting so to judge based on grammar implies to me you were a liberal arts major

and yes i beta'd SWG and was 3rd on my server to get a jedi and then they gave everyone force powers and i quit

but based on my grammar i must be 12 or have a ged

get over yourself

Forgot how many times I have said this

GIVE...ME...BOUNTIES!!!

The PVP Bounty system could work if, for example, say a smuggler takes on a "weekly" smuggling mission and completes it successfully. Obviously, not everybody is happy with the smuggler, since that goes with the job. Said unhappy disreputable individual wants said smuggler to be "taken care of." Who does he(she) go to? Why, his(her) friendly neighborhood bounty hunter.

Now all of a sudden we got a new level of play going on with both factions having to pick their weekly missions carefully, whether they really want the credits and take the risk of having a PC BH coming after them or not.

I personally think it could work, but then again I am not a video game designer as of yet. Are there flaws, more than likely, but it is start and would give lvl 50s plenty of fun times to laugh and brag about.

Edited by LifeScourge

meh, my grammar is always poor on the board... i misuse punctuation and do not use caps hardly at all

i put about as much effort into posting in this game as it deserves, it is candy, entertainment, not work

i do not spell check nor do i proofread... stream of conciousness posting so to judge based on grammar implies to me you were a liberal arts major

and yes i beta'd SWG and was 3rd on my server to get a jedi and then they gave everyone force powers and i quit

get over yourself

That was not intended for you, it was intended for Tickdoff-Tank who contributed nothing to this thread. Unless you have two forum handles? In that case I would have to ask why you commented on the same post twice?

I dunno, seems they could use a narrow version of the LFG tool (if implemented). You agree to be hunted (for what ever reason) bounty goes up and hunter agrees to contract.

Have a simple interface on each planet that the hunter has to access to see players on that planet. Then you'd have to actualy go hunt them down.

Maybe spice it up a bit and the hunted player would get a call from one of his NPC companions saying " I think your being followed, look out" or something....? This message would only take place when the Hunter steps foot on the correct planet.

Fun part is you could set up a ambush for the hunter. On a pvp server you and your friends could wait for him to come looking for you and mob him =)

Dude I actually LOVE this idea! Thank you for contributing a cool useful idea on this thread instead of being a QQ WoWfag saying "omg this isnt galaxyz dat game was to hard."

I really like your idea... We need more creative thinkers like you who play MMOs instead of the mass of *******.

It's a kinda cool idea to hunt other players, until you realize that it's easy to abuse a bounty system. I WOULD like to think that our hunting could be linked to some sort of Easter egg system in PVE though ... being the right class at the right place at the right time and BANG, nab that rare bounty.

To be fair, our storyline was ALL about hunting. Perhaps too much even.

Edited by Obtena

Of course not. This is not Galaxys (I am very glad of that), and the game system we have is not really geared up for player hunting. Think about it, if you had a contract for a player, how c ould you ever find them? There are MANY areas on each side that are not accessible to the other side, so a "hunt" would be pointless.

*IF* they ever want to add this feature it will require a major change to a lot of this game, not to mention all the QQ that will result when a BH gets a feature that no one else would get, or if they allowed anyone to do the "hunting" then what would be the point in playing a huner (beyond the current reasons that is, and BH is my favorite class).

You must be immune to fun?

Your life must have been sad and more importantly wow was probably your first mmo. Galaxies to me will always be better than this game no matter what.

I'm not quite sure why anyone would speak against this idea. There is no reason to reject outright the concept of creating new dynamic content in a game, especially with the static linear nature of the design at present.

The game suffers from a lack of interactive, community based content, and in recognizing that they are focusing on changing this in some of the PvP and RP features in 1.2. This can be implemented in a way which does not upset people and provides entertainment for people who do opt to participate.

World PvP is an issue, and this can be one of many improvements bioware can implement to improve world PvP. For instance, they attempt to get people to Ilum through numerous level 50 quests. The ability to hunt other players can be done in a similar fashion. If one chooses to take the pvp bounty hunter quest, then for a set period of time they are online, they can only complete the quest by surviving for this time-frame. Meanwhile BH's can also take this pvp bounty hunter quest, select targets based on the others who opted to take this quest, and track the players to whatever planet they are on and attempt to kill them to complete their quest. This is just an example to illustrate a method of implementation, but this type of bounty hunting system stressed by the OP would certainly add some very enjoyable dynamic content to the game.

It could work, add a terminal that would give out missions for all players, thos missions comes from crime lords that are fighting other crime lords or againts the law.

You get payed for doing thos missions and your "signing" to be hunted.

BHs will have their own terminals to see if anyone is up for some little 1vs1 pvp with a BH.

That way none will be forced to be a target just the ppl who wants to be hunted.

pvp in this game is a joke, pathetic with no world pvp at all, so until there is actual world pvp dont expect much. Our spawns are many miles appart, you never see the other side at all from 1 to 50 unless you actively leave your leveling area to go to theirs.

If you want to hunt players feel free, blast on over to republic area's and hunt them

spoon feeding content is the biggest problem with mmo's today, you want to hunt, then go hunt... Wow has ruined mmo gamers for at least one generation.

The pve in this game is on par with everything except wow (which has 7 years of content to burn through)... But the pvp... Zomg how bad, you cant even get 100 people in a zone without it lagging out.

Fyi... If this is a troll, it is an ok one

l2pvp

oh and qq moar.

That was not intended for you, it was intended for Tickdoff-Tank who contributed nothing to this thread. Unless you have two forum handles? In that case I would have to ask why you commented on the same post twice?

i am not him, but you judge him based on his typing and grammar, meaning i feel you would judge anyone for such transgressions, and i felt it was a bit harsh of you to do so

i decided to defend non gramar users everywhere in an attempt to fight tyrany and predjudice against the lazy typist.

maybe you have previous history with this gentleman but you only iluded to his gramar as the source of your knowlege of his age and maturity

i am not him, but you judge him based on his typing and grammar, meaning i feel you would judge anyone for such transgressions, and i felt it was a bit harsh of you to do so

i decided to defend non gramar users everywhere in an attempt to fight tyrany and predjudice against the lazy typist.

maybe you have previous history with this gentleman but you only iluded to his gramar as the source of your knowlege of his age and maturity

I appreciate you. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Don't respond with ridiculous grammar Nazi comments in a means to cloud decent logic, when ones intellectual capability feels threatened they always seem to respond with some witty remark in regards to grammar, maybe you should have played more MMO's "other than" SWG and perhaps you too would know this.

I personally am quite thankful this isn't SWG, I am very thankful that there isn't a PK Hunter system in place else you would have entire guilds grouping up and placing chain bounties on a player. What if there was a CD or a Lockout one might ask? Then I have to expect to be ganked every 2-7 days, you want PvP and potentially ganking ill equipped and lesser skilled players? Go play on a PvP server, noob ganking doesn't equal fun and enjoyment for the entire family. If the response is then let there be a system put into place where one can choose this... it's there already, you can flag yourself and attack other flagged opposite faction PC's to your hearts content (If one doesn't play on a PvP server already)

So... you posted something on a "public" forum and when you got responses other than the specific one in which you were expected you get defensive... are you 12 or just never seen the internet before? :eek:

get over yourself

hey hey hey....i make 6 figures off a GED

I would like one but the problem is that the bounty hunter is only on the empire side so they can't access all planets and it wouldn't be fair for the republic side because they wouldn't be able to use them. In my opinion they should of made the bounty hunter neutral.