Pyrotech/Plasmatech needs a CD reduction on Ion Wave/Searing Wave ASAP

mastershadowJ

I feel like I got a rotation down, but spreading dots every 14/15 seconds just kills the dps.

U got Deadly onslaught for that, and flame sweep.

Don't rely on dots to do your dps, it is true that has the most persistent dot in game but u need to exploit secondary aoe abilities next to searing wave/ ion wave.

This spec needs to be gutted and redone tbh.

When they made PT DPS short ranged with zero long range attacks, it gimped them hard and made them limited and boring as crap.

Used to be you had options to do some long range attacks, plus the conal attack is utter garbage too, especially in PVP.

I find the PT dps specs very clunky now, and it's no wonder very few people play them nowadays. Been 2 years they been crap, would be nice if they devoted a little time to give PT dps some love.

When they made PT DPS short ranged with zero long range attacks, it gimped them hard and made them limited and boring as crap.

Used to be you had options to do some long range attacks, plus the conal attack is utter garbage too, especially in PVP.

I find the PT dps specs very clunky now, and it's no wonder very few people play them nowadays. Been 2 years they been crap, would be nice if they devoted a little time to give PT dps some love.

PT or VG in a 4v4, save for a couple of ultra talented players, means your team loses. Its not the player's fault, its just that those professions cannot keep up. Its kinda sad as I know many folks who are -very- attached to their VG/PT's. There was a VG tank in queue the other night and they were a decent enough player, but the class just isnt viable against the other tanks.

Pyro/Plasma is just a terrible rotation. It's not even hard, but it's clunky af. Then you have AP/Tactics with an incredibly boring rotation that relies solely on proc'ing rail shot every 3rd GCD after its last use.

There's room for improvement. AP/Tactics can stay as it is. Ideally, however, Pyro/Plasma should be reworked as Lhancelot has said, in my opinion.

The lack of substantive changes to their DCD's makes me wonder what's in store for this class in 6.0.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

AP PT is fine, it's the lack of dcd's that bring it down. In the right situation in arena's Pyro can cleave and throw down high numbers.

Pyro/Plasma is just a terrible rotation. It's not even hard, but it's clunky af. Then you have AP/Tactics with an incredibly boring rotation that relies solely on proc'ing rail shot every 3rd GCD after its last use.

There's room for improvement. AP/Tactics can stay as it is. Ideally, however, Pyro/Plasma should be reworked as Lhancelot has said, in my opinion.

The lack of substantive changes to their DCD's makes me wonder what's in store for this class in 6.0.

I love the Pyrotech rotation. I don't use the one in the guide, I posted this for someone else earlier in the year:

While I agree about the animations, the rotation is pretty fluid. This is what I do:

Incendiary - scorch - searing wave - flaming fist - railshot - immolate (worst animation in the game) - flame burst - flame burst - flaming fist - flame burst - flame burst - incendiary - searing wave - flaming fist - railshot - immolate

By "round"

(Round 1) Incendiary - scorch - searing wave - flaming fist - railshot - immolate - flame burst - flame burst - flaming fist -flame burst - flame burst

(Round 2) Incendiary - searing wave - flaming fist - railshot - immolate - flame burst - flame burst - flaming fist - flame burst - flame burst

( repeat Round 1)

Flaming Fist is up after every 4th gcd and scorch is reapplied every second round of the rotation. This rotation works very smoothly in that I don't ever need to look at my toolbars to see what's off cd and what's been procced, and every once in awhile I throw in a hammer shot just to burn off some heat.

Edited by Vember

I love the Pyrotech rotation. I don't use the one in the guide, I posted this for someone else earlier in the year:

I am going to go out on a limb here and say you and whoever else enjoys Pyrotech's rotation are in the minority.

At least that's my conclusion based on seeing how the spec was barely ever seen in WZs when I played 2-3 months ago. Lethality Operatives and Pyrotech PTs always surprised me when I used to see them in a WZ.

I once mained a Pyro PT before they flipped the names on the PT sub-classes (changing AP to Pyro, Pyro to AP) when Pyro was the burst spec 3.0 and earlier, and it was a fun yet still fairly simple class to play. When I finally tried the new Pyro I found the rotation clunky and did not stay with it for very long.

im playing pyro on my pt now and I really enjoy it mainly because there are 10 different abilites/attacks to choose from. I dont think there is any single rotation that you just rinse and repeat atleast in pvp. its definitely more aoe based than most specs because I take the 75% slow utility which then makes me use the death from above right after and/or spread dots after easier. its just a whole lot of fun to play because of all the choices u need to make.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say you and whoever else enjoys Pyrotech's rotation are in the minority.

At least that's my conclusion based on seeing how the spec was barely ever seen in WZs when I played 2-3 months ago. Lethality Operatives and Pyrotech PTs always surprised me when I used to see them in a WZ.

I once mained a Pyro PT before they flipped the names on the PT sub-classes (changing AP to Pyro, Pyro to AP) when Pyro was the burst spec 3.0 and earlier, and it was a fun yet still fairly simple class to play. When I finally tried the new Pyro I found the rotation clunky and did not stay with it for very long.

You didn't see it much a few months ago because a lot of people are bad at it. It's capable of putting out over 9k+ dps in a stacked group. Yes, that's definitely a number farming game but it's still capable. I've done over 7k plenty of times with it in group ranked as well though. Both AP and Pyro can do a lot, it's the lack of a dcd which makes a PT fall short without a good comp to back it up.

You didn't see it much a few months ago because a lot of people are bad at it. It's capable of putting out over 9k+ dps in a stacked group. Yes, that's definitely a number farming game but it's still capable. I've done over 7k plenty of times with it in group ranked as well though. Both AP and Pyro can do a lot, it's the lack of a dcd which makes a PT fall short without a good comp to back it up.

Yeah I never doubted the potential for damage I seen some PTs that dished out tons of damage even in regs, but almost always they were a novelty and running with a premade for decent support.

My personal opinion is the class is clunky with it's rotation as far as Pyro goes and if I were still playing I'd want a remake of it, just totally redo it's abilities. For me the fun of the class got beat out of it when they gimped the range on the PTs abilities, and that was around the time they began altering the abilities etc.

I guess some of you may feel the class is fun and ought not be changed, just left alone and that's fine.

I just know even 3 months ago, I was ready to see a new power paradigm among the classes, 2 years of certain classes being top tier in their respective roles while others have been on the bottom has gotten old and stale.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah I never doubted the potential for damage I seen some PTs that dished out tons of damage even in regs, but almost always they were a novelty and running with a premade for decent support.

My personal opinion is the class is clunky with it's rotation as far as Pyro goes and if I were still playing I'd want a remake of it, just totally redo it's abilities. For me the fun of the class got beat out of it when they gimped the range on the PTs abilities, and that was around the time they began altering the abilities etc.

I guess some of you may feel the class is fun and ought not be changed, just left alone and that's fine.

I just know even 3 months ago, I was ready to see a new power paradigm among the classes, 2 years of certain classes being top tier in their respective roles while others have been on the bottom has gotten old and stale.

Definately agree here. Once range was reduced as hell, class become broken as hell and boring. It still buffles me that they nerfed range on all specs because of skanks in pvp. What the hell dps have to do with this is a mystery. Sad part is that they likely wont give us any range back, just give us 1 crappy dcd...

Edited by Spoloma