Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament - Felonious Empire vs Dark Imperium

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Felonious Empire vs Dark Imperium

Selenial
08.14.2013 , 03:50 PM | #531
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
So Vader gets a floating meditation sphere, and his personal Imperial Palace on Coruscant? Aruk gets his palace too?

No houses, not capital ships.

P.S. Vader did spend a lot of time on the Executor. A lot of time.
You said Weaponry... So not palaces, no. Come on dude, You can't give Vader the huge advantage of an Incredible fast personally modded Starfighter, and not let me have a Standard Imperial Star Destroyer >.>

They weren't even that good, It's just extra fodder for me

Edit: And it'd only be in battles Cronal would be in, which certainly isn't many.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Warren-Stride
08.14.2013 , 03:51 PM | #532
Can we talk about mass drivers?

Because game mechanics aren't a problem, mass drivers will be a one-hit kill to any weapon system or special attachment such as a gravity well or anti-missle field. They completely disregard shields, are impossible to avoid or deflect, and are a huge physical impact that will rip through pretty much everything.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Selenial
08.14.2013 , 03:56 PM | #533
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Can we talk about mass drivers?

Because game mechanics aren't a problem, mass drivers will be a one-hit kill to any weapon system or special attachment such as a gravity well or anti-missle field. They completely disregard shields, are impossible to avoid or deflect, and are a huge physical impact that will rip through pretty much everything.
Mass Drivers are projectiles, and thus as far as I'm aware, still negated by the Gravity well of Interdictors.

Edit: Not sure why, but i always thought those were only on Cosortium space stations.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.

Warren-Stride
08.14.2013 , 04:00 PM | #534
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Mass Drivers are projectiles, and thus as far as I'm aware, still negated by the Gravity well of interdictors.
Nope, mass drivers aren't affected by interdictors.

At least, I've never seen them be. Need to get out Forces of Corruption and find out, I suppose.
~~ AiR ~~

Selenial
08.14.2013 , 04:02 PM | #535
Nope, mass drivers aren't affected by interdictors.
Oh, Ok.

Any chance I can get the source on this?

Warren-Stride
08.14.2013 , 04:09 PM | #536
Any chance I can get the source on this?
Well, apparently gravity wells actually attract mass, such as space debris. Mass drivers are, effectively, mass. The reason missiles are disrupted is because they're guided. So the field disrupts the guidance system, sending it off course. However, weapons that go straight, such as torpedoes, and mass drivers, aren't affected.

Weaknesses part of this page: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Immobilizer_418_cruiser
~~ AiR ~~

Selenial
08.14.2013 , 04:16 PM | #537
Well, apparently gravity wells actually attract mass, such as space debris. Mass drivers are, effectively, mass. The reason missiles are disrupted is because they're guided. So the field disrupts the guidance system, sending it off course. However, weapons that go straight, such as torpedoes, and mass drivers, aren't affected.

Weaknesses part of this page: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Immobilizer_418_cruiser
Coolio, of course it would require a Direct shot to a Vessel that would Likely be Near the edge of the fray...

Quick question though, which Consortium ships had Mass Driver Canons?
Edit: Nvm, found them

Beniboybling
08.14.2013 , 04:30 PM | #538
You said Weaponry... So not palaces, no. Come on dude, You can't give Vader the huge advantage of an Incredible fast personally modded Starfighter, and not let me have a Standard Imperial Star Destroyer >.>

They weren't even that good, It's just extra fodder for me

Edit: And it'd only be in battles Cronal would be in, which certainly isn't many.
I said personal starfighters and weaponry, not capital ships. Else I'd be allowing G0-T0s Yacht and the Executor. I can't pick and choose, no ifs, buts or onlys - rules are rules I'm afraid.

Also don't forget the Kaggath isn't fair, kudos to Canino for choosing the best starfighter pilot in the galaxy.

And like you said, the Singularity is just bantha fodder. I mean its not as if its coated in stygian-triprismatic polymer making it almost impossible to detect at sensor range and nearly invisible to the naked eye in deep space. Right?

Selenial
08.14.2013 , 04:33 PM | #539
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post

And like you said, the Singularity is just bantha fodder. I mean its not as if its coated in stygian-triprismatic polymer making it almost impossible to detect at sensor range and nearly invisible to the naked eye in deep space. Right?
Shhh... It's a secret

Seriously though, it makes sense.... Either way, I doubt, and i mean HIGHLY doubt Vader would survive long in a fighter anyway. He'd let off such huge echoes in the Force Traya could relay his location immediately...

Beniboybling
08.14.2013 , 04:34 PM | #540
Mass Drivers are projectiles, and thus as far as I'm aware, still negated by the Gravity well of Interdictors.

Edit: Not sure why, but i always thought those were only on Cosortium space stations.
Mass driver cannons hurl projectiles at roughly 2 km per second. Not a chance would be man made gravity well be able to negate it. Else they'd be tugging in starships as well like a miniature black hole.

Oh and just for a run down, the Vengeance-class frigates, Keldabe-class battleships are armed with mass drivers. The former has four and the latter has 1.

EDIT: They effectively move as fast, if not faster, than regular turbolaser fire.