Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Arsenal Merc / Gunnery Commando

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Class Changes: Arsenal Merc / Gunnery Commando
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

xXSistros
06.16.2017 , 11:36 AM | #11
The only overpowerd aspect of the Merc is his def cd equipment... damage, in my opinion, is really fine, with IO delivering high damage combined with a difficult rotation, and Arsenal being a high burst spec. Ok, i could agree with the heat adjustments, Arsenal indeed is really easy to play... But the damage ist the only thing i would NOT fix...
Please, Bioware, leave the damage where it is, just let us mercs die a little bit more, ok?

VladThePada
06.16.2017 , 11:37 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
This does nothing to address the Merc survival issue... that is what needed the nerf.. not the damage..
exactly, it's the 3 lives (reflect, kolto and shield) maybe remove heal from reflect too?
V'lńd/Beatrýce/Kritsur
The Red Eclipse
The Waveburner Legacy
<All-Star Sync Squad>/<MVPs>

HKtheindomitable
06.16.2017 , 11:39 AM | #13
Approval: Looks good to me.

Commentary: I main as Tactics Pub side, but my second is Gunnery. It did feel a bit strong, but the energy management is the part I appreciate the most. I often find that the energy management is too easy. I use the recharge cells and reserve cell less than platinum items drop from cartel packs (and that's even when I use healing abilities. As Tactics it's a requirement to use them.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild

Arehonn
06.16.2017 , 11:41 AM | #14
The changes are for just the discipline. Trauma Regs is a utility skill that you can pick up for any of the three Commando/Merc specs. I'm assuming that this is just phase 1 and that they'll look into adjusting utilities after fiddling with the specs themselves.
SEV - plasmatech / BOSS - shieldtech / SCORCH - gunnery / FIXER - medic

DELTA SQUAD

HKtheindomitable
06.16.2017 , 11:42 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ctprock View Post
Now give trauma regulators to Vanguards and everything will be fine.
/Signed with nite: "DPS only can get."
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild

FtWorthJim
06.16.2017 , 11:42 AM | #16
They did reduce some of the DCD.

Decoy now has 2 charges (down from 5)

Some of you will not be happy until Mercs are glass cannons again.

Eloi_BG
06.16.2017 , 11:44 AM | #17
Stop asking about utilities, they heard, we all know there is a problem, this is a post about DPS numbers.

Some random quick calculations I just did make this an about 650 - 700 DPS loss (for an over 10k parse). This brings down this spec to about the same DPS sniper MM does, which is kinda depressing, but I guess it was the point. Was hoping more for a 300-400 nerf and a 300-400 buff to MM. Tried to take the heat changes into account in my calculations but will wait to see how it really pans out in game.
Nemio the Acceptable Player

Evolixe
06.16.2017 , 11:45 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Eloi_BG View Post
Stop asking about utilities, they heard, we all know there is a problem, this is a post about DPS numbers.

Some random quick calculations I just did make this an about 650 - 700 DPS loss (for an over 10k parse). This brings down this spec to about the same DPS sniper MM does, which is kinda depressing, but I guess it was the point. Was hoping more for a 300-400 nerf and a 300-400 buff to MM. Tried to take the heat changes into account in my calculations but will wait to see how it really pans out in game.
They only thing is.. the damage didn't have to be changed.
This is going to hurt PvE, where it hardly matters, and do nothing for PvP.. which is the whole reason this class needed change.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

micnevv
06.16.2017 , 11:46 AM | #19
I welcome these changes however they not address the main issue with mercs in PVP at the moment.

Mercs currently outshine all other DPS mainly due to their survivability, not just the raw damage they output. As long as they retain these extremely powerful defensive abilities they will remain at the top of the food chain in PVP, regardless of DPS nerfs.

RikuvonDrake
06.16.2017 , 11:46 AM | #20
It's like people don't read, they will address utilities in the next balance patch, first, their priority was to ensure the healing and damage output of classes was in line with their overall strategy, then they will adjust utilities.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus