Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Worth playing at all?

Curmedy
01.03.2017 , 02:35 PM | #1
The entire reason I joined SWTOR many years ago was because I loved the force aspect of Star Wars. I've really only been serious or gotten to a high level with my sage and shadow, but my shadow doesn't have enough force techniques to make it fun for me.

Coming back to this game after a year hiatus, and have they really nerfed the sage into oblivion? Is it truly as unviable in both PvE and PvP as people are making it out to be?

I really don't want to believe this, but if that's the reality of the situation I'll just complete the new story missions and cancel my subscription again until the class is buffed.

Also, does anyone have any idea when a new round of nerfs/buffs would happen? Any time frame would be appreciated so I know how long i'll have to wait for this.

Kawiki
01.03.2017 , 04:17 PM | #2
Sage DPS was nerfed in 5.0. For non ranked PvP it is still fine though the DoT spec is all fluff damage and the lighting spec is meh. Don't even bother taking it into ranked. Not sure about PvE. Heal spec is still king of the hill in both.

GrimWulf
01.11.2017 , 11:16 PM | #3
I was playing Sage/Sorc since beta but now with the other changes they finally got me to cancel because I was not enjoying the game.

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge...

divinecynic
01.12.2017 , 12:06 AM | #4
Yeah Sorc DPS is in a rough spot right now.

As to PVE, madness is still viable in everything up to maybe HM ops. I wouldn't touch NM or HM Ravagers or Temple though right now.

verfallen
01.12.2017 , 11:03 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by divinecynic View Post
Yeah Sorc DPS is in a rough spot right now.

As to PVE, madness is still viable in everything up to maybe HM ops. I wouldn't touch NM or HM Ravagers or Temple though right now.
Even on static boss fight, lightning has higher parses up than madness right now.

And its a lot more mobile, target switch friendly and have less force management issue for aoe (outside dot spread, which requires some timing often).

So right now I'd say there is very little reason to play madness sorcs, unless the sustained damage gets an appreciable buff. The across the board nerf to the dots and force lightning really threw madness down the drain.

DocGamer
01.14.2017 , 01:34 AM | #6
This class is no longer viable in end game content, and ranked pvp. If you try to do ranked as dps you will have an entire team mad at you for having queued. If you try to get into an ops, you will have a very tough time getting into one that's HM or higher unless they are guildies and know that you can play the class well. This class has been UTTERLY DESTROYED for unknown reasons, and needs a reset back to where it was before 5.0
Harbinger:
Candycat, Moistmuffin, Chocolatemuffin, Banamuffin, Cherrymuffin,
Mileycyrus, Baconyummy, Cinnabuns, Magicmuffin, Snowcone, Lazerlips

SlthBounteHuntah
01.16.2017 , 12:43 AM | #7
Is there a reason for them doing this? Did they state that these class changes were based off of feedback or is this something they just decided to do?

I only enjoy playing as a Sorcerer when it comes to DPS but I'm not enjoying it anymore.

I'll buy no more Cartel Coins, no more subscriptions.

#RemoveRNG

DarthCognusSion
01.16.2017 , 08:27 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SlthBounteHuntah View Post
Is there a reason for them doing this? Did they state that these class changes were based off of feedback or is this something they just decided to do?

I only enjoy playing as a Sorcerer when it comes to DPS but I'm not enjoying it anymore.
They did not even put the nerfs in the patch notes. They have not addressed any of the class balance issues that have come with 5.0. I think that they just like to pretend they don't exist because they don't know how to balance.

BraverDre
01.16.2017 , 05:53 PM | #9
I have 7 sorcerers that are lvl 70 and this is my favorite class in the game.
Sorcerer/Sage needs to be buffed. Sorc DPS has to be as high as Sniper's Engineering

verfallen
01.16.2017 , 11:17 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by BraverDre View Post
I have 7 sorcerers that are lvl 70 and this is my favorite class in the game.
Sorcerer/Sage needs to be buffed. Sorc DPS has to be as high as Sniper's Engineering
Not really that high, since engi has issues when boss moves that sorc doesn't have, but it should definitively be higher than what it is now.

Some burst spec just do not even meet some dps check in HM or NiM on the debuffed dummy right now, and that should be corrected. Madness being a DoT spec is parsing WAY too low.