Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This is dumb

Beanboix
05.08.2017 , 07:04 PM | #1
So I was wondering if the people at SWTOR are worried about offending people with the days of the week? I was writing a guild message to have a meeting this SATURDAY and it blocked out the word SATURDAY!!! Are you kidding me?? How dumb is that? I can understand if I was actually writing a cuss word, that would be different, but I wasn't!! Please stop catering to thin skinned people, if someone is gonna be offended with a day of the week then they have serious issues to begin with.

HiltoftheDragon
05.08.2017 , 07:06 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Beanboix View Post
So I was wondering if the people at SWTOR are worried about offending people with the days of the week? I was writing a guild message to have a meeting this SATURDAY and it blocked out the word SATURDAY!!! Are you kidding me?? How dumb is that? I can understand if I was actually writing a cuss word, that would be different, but I wasn't!! Please stop catering to thin skinned people, if someone is gonna be offended with a day of the week then they have serious issues to begin with.
The devs dont like working weekends....thats why its not a nice word in this game.
The Solari Legacy
"You have brought me pain and torment. I will return the favor."

masterceil
05.08.2017 , 07:06 PM | #3
Saturday.

Stupid and juvenile, but pretty sure that's what triggers it. Disable chat profanity filter, use "Sat.", whatever.
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

Andryah
05.08.2017 , 08:57 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Beanboix View Post
Filter probably reacted to the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th character in the word. Take your time.. right the letters down on a sheet of paper and I think you will see why.

It's not thin skinned players, it's a liability mitigation that all companies do in one form or another. Turn off your profanity filters and it should fix that. See.. by putting in the filters with them set on initially, it's on the player if they turn the filters off.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Lord_Thorne
05.08.2017 , 09:17 PM | #5
I turned off my language filter shortly after release when it censored the word sharpshooters - which was the character class I was playing at the time! I don't know if it still filters that word, but any language filter that censors terms used with in the game itself is just so pathetic.
(in case you're wondering, I can only figure it's because of sharpsHOOTERS... oy vey!)
Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy.
"The incomprehensibility of your statement in no way validates it." (HK-51)
"I'm a lump with a bad attitude! Honor! Misplaced loyalty! Grr!" (Z0-OM)

MadDutchman
05.08.2017 , 09:32 PM | #6
language analysis is hard. Do you want them to spend time fixing it or make more content?

This has nothing to do with thin skinned players.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

americanaussie
05.08.2017 , 09:53 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by masterceil View Post
Saturday.

Stupid and juvenile, but pretty sure that's what triggers it. Disable chat profanity filter, use "Sat.", whatever.
Oki just had a huge laugh over this

I remember once saying something was like a cockroach and would not die. Then puzzled why the profanity filter kicked off. Lmao. But Saturday. Haha!
Thank you to everyone who has used my referral link over the years and to all of the wonderful people I've met on here.

Theeko
05.08.2017 , 10:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by HiltoftheDragon View Post
The devs dont like working weekends....thats why its not a nice word in this game.
Also I believe there summer break is coming up pretty soon so that means no main devs for like 4 months

denavin
05.08.2017 , 10:57 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
The only Thin Skin I see here is the OP...

Get over yourself already......
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

SithKoriandr
05.08.2017 , 11:10 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
language analysis is hard. Do you want them to spend time fixing it or make more content?

Pretty sure it's different groups of people in charge of the filter and the content
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry