Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question on the legality of selling Twitch Prime promotional codes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Question on the legality of selling Twitch Prime promotional codes

Schoock
05.06.2017 , 04:19 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
A despicable statement for a player to make in my view.

Sorry pal.. but seeing something in game that appears that it may be a violation of the ToS/EULA is NOT "snitching". It's reporting an observed behavior of a questionable nature. You are confusing gang rules with real life commercial contract rules.

We are encouraged by the studio to report suspicious or questionable behavior and move on. The studio will assess and, if needed, act as required to what is reported.
snitch noun [ C ] us ​ /snɪtʃ/

infml a person who secretly tells someone in authority that someone else has done something bad:
Donít be a snitch.

Source

That's about the English part. On the moral part, our friend here hasn't been affected negatively by the actions of the person he reported, it's very likely that the overall state of the game didn't suffer because of it either (like in a case of a credit exploit, for example), so he's not done anything bad, even if it was against the ToS.
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse

Talon_strikes
05.06.2017 , 08:30 PM | #23
This does sound ban-able.
Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

AscendingSky
05.06.2017 , 08:36 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyCT View Post
Is this any different to people selling the referral link on the fleet (something that Bioware have been oddly quiet on whether or not it breaches the ToS)?
I think it's only a breach of the ToS if you sell an in-game thing for real world money. Credits or in-game item trades seem to be okay. I'm not 100% on that though.
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

DarthEnrique
05.07.2017 , 12:34 AM | #25
Is it wrong and against the TOS?: Probably.
Will Bioware do anything about it?: Probably not.
Trying to help my friend Ultimatedshadow out, please click his referral link. Thanks. http://www.swtor.com/r/5YzVTH

saberscreen
05.07.2017 , 04:30 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Schoock View Post
P.S: I have nothing to do with said person, I simply find snitches despicable.
A lot of us are paying to play a game and people who resort to using bots, as well as people who exploit and spam are ruining this experience for us in many ways. I don't think this post should be compared to snitching since it's not his/her friend and certainly not mine.

For example: There's a reason for the report button on this forum. If I was constantly misbehaving and/or insulting people everywhere I went, took up loads of space and got in your face all the time, or did things like hacking into your account to make it seem like you are posting the most ridiculous things ever, then you'd be happy to see me leave as well.

You'd press that report button too and that would have very little to do with actual snitching.

dr_mike
05.09.2017 , 10:23 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthEnrique View Post
Is it wrong and against the TOS?: Probably.
Will Bioware do anything about it?: Probably not.
Hope not. One of my soccer moms is going to see if she can get the code for me and see if I can use it on my account here.

For reference as noted earlier, I can't access Twitch from here at the library. I've already used my Amazon Prime trial account as well.
Who knows what lurks in the minds of those crazy Sith....
1% gets donated to unemployed Jawas living on Hoth