Sith Warrior - Jaessa - story question [spoilers]

Mashugana

I have a question about the SW companion Jaessa Willsaam:

How do you get her Dark Side? Do you have to be DS at the time of the conversation? Or is it based on the choice you make with her parents long before you meet Jaessa?

I've done Light Side - I'd like to see her story and personality DS if possible

Thanks

I have a question about the SW companion Jaessa Willsaam:

How do you get her Dark Side? Do you have to be DS at the time of the conversation? Or is it based on the choice you make with her parents long before you meet Jaessa?

I've done Light Side - I'd like to see her story and personality DS if possible

Thanks

IIRC it is based on the choices you make during the conversation with her before she joins up. My first warrior I started off as LS, curiosity got the best of me (wanting to see how the romance of two companions: Vette and Jaesa) would work out), so i started going DS, but I do not remember exactly when I started that dark path, but I THINK it was after dealing with Jaesa's parents.

Thank you

So I can be LS, choose to spare her parents, and choose the dark options in my encounter with Jaessa to make her dark? Cool - thank you. I know this is just a game but I was uncomfortable cutting down her parents - maybe I need therapy :)

Thank you

So I can be LS, choose to spare her parents, and choose the dark options in my encounter with Jaessa to make her dark? Cool - thank you. I know this is just a game but I was uncomfortable cutting down her parents - maybe I need therapy :)

You need therapy. ;) (I'm teasing you here.)

My warriors have all been an unashamedly nasty bunch of sons (and daughters) of unwed mothers, and if slaughtering whining weaklings like her parents helped my characters achieve their objectives, then slaughtering was what happened.

Don't forget that your character *isn't* you. There are things that I won't do even on my darkest of the dark (except one, but she's actually the reason the others won't do it(1)), but there are other things that I me myself wouldn't do (the first DS points in the Inquisitor story spring to mind, where you can torture the weenie to find out what he knows about the murder) but I have no hesitation about having my characters do them.

Or maybe it's me who needs therapy. I don't know.

(1) The one on Dromund Kaas at the entrance to the Colossus area where you are asked to poison the rebellious slaves, and the Sith Lord who gives you the mission asks you to use only barely enough poison, so that their deaths are drawn out and the most painful possible (dark option), and his assistant asks you to poison them, sure, but with lots of the poison so that they die quickly (light option). Mostly I skip that mission, but my very first Imp-side character did it and because she was (and still is) a cackling maniac type of Inquisitor, she went dark. I haven't done it since on any character, either light or dark.

That said, even that character took the Light Side option on Belsavis when faced with the Mother Machine.

It is based on the choices you make during the conversation. However your alignment is also a

factor. LS Warriors cannot get DS Jaesa. It's also worth noting that you don't actually have to kill her parents in order to make her Darkside. My DS Warrior also spared them because I figured that would be too much of a twisted working relationship even for him. It's been a while but, as far as I remember, the most important thing is to try to provoke her into battling you. Torturing Karr, killing Yonlach and the Willsaams all help but I don't think they are technically necessary. That said, if you want a Darkside Jaesa, then the pivotal conversation doesn't really make sense unless you pick the Darkside dialogue option to get her to use her anger and lash out at you.

Edited by OldVengeance