Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Seena

Level 10 wearing level 50 mods is this even possible?

The argument has been that transferring mods via legacy is the same as staying level 49 in perpetuity. IMO it isn't - not at all, since you are just shifting owned mods to a different same level character. This has no effect on anyone else.

Is it an unintended use of legacy? Probably. But since the consequences of doing this are nill in over all game play (unlike the not leveling exploit) - there is no reason to fix it...

Now, if the transferred legacy mods were useable by lower levels chars - THAT would have consequences for other players. And THAT would be something that needed to be addressed.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what you have is someone who is using a warzone, but maliciously ending it prematurely, to circumnavigate the system of completion, rewards, level.

Maliciously quitting warzones before they end? Really?!?

..this is the same as abusing the queue system to get an 8 man in non-ranked, or to fight your chosen opponents in ranked.

Oh bullcrap.. you can cry the end of the world all you want about this issue, (you're aptly named when it comes to that, btw) but as things stand pretty much no one gives a crap about these 'twinks' (outside the vocal forum minority anyways).. hell, doubt most people even notice them when they come across one.

Are they annoying? Hell yes, just like fighting a premade with a crappy team is annoying.

But are they an issue that needs 'fixing'? Well, guess we can always nerf Operatives/Scoundrels again, if we really want to direct resources to nonsense 'fixes' vs focusing on something that could actually use some attention. :rak_03:

Edited by LordMordeth

Oh bullcrap.. you can cry the end of the world all you want about this issue, (you're aptly named when it comes to that, btw) but as things stand pretty much no one gives a crap about these 'twinks' (outside the vocal forum minority anyways).. hell, doubt most people even notice them when they come across one.

Are they annoying? Hell yes, just like fighting a premade with a crappy team is annoying.

But are they an issue that needs 'fixing'? Well, guess we can always nerf Operatives/Scoundrels again, if we really want to direct resources to nonsense 'fixes' vs focusing on something that could actually use attention. :rak_03:

That;'s the beauty of these forums. We can all voice our opinions about what we feel needs fixing, based on our personal experiences.

The thread has garnered some attention. That's a good thing. :;smile:: Please keep posting :D

With people believing 1.6 is right around the corner, hitting 50 now would be the epitome of dumb.

After 1.6, the "big boy" pants you speak of will be either obsolete or cheaper, depending on the pants.

Additionally, if you had a high 40s toon before 1.5, it became virtually impossible to obtain max comms before hitting 50 after that update. Since a loss awards virtually the same xp but many fewer comms, it makes sense to drop the wz if you're going to lose.

~Eggs

Edited by Eggsalicious

Well if level 50 PvP didn't suck balls we wouldn't have this problem.

dude i agree with you totaly level 50 pvp jsut sucks balls especialy for the imps on my server sicne we jus get lolsmashed and face rolled by reps, i think the only safe time to get the pvp weekly done on ym server is roughly around 5-7 am when the high geared players or other reps are in bed

How long has it been since you did open world pvp on the server and how often have you done it? :) I don't think a 10+ v 10+ is a gankfest.

But it's strange that you don't like ganking but you like being a twink. I think that you like ganking, just not being ganked. I'm also confused by your comment about little skill. There is little skill required to be a twink.

But again, to each their own.

I did some open world pvp in section x, that's about it. But fact of the matter is open world pvp doesn't work unless there's 3 factions. If you were around at launch, and you were on Rep side on my server, you'd remember the awesome fun that was getting camped at our base in Ilum because the Imps always outnumbered us. There's no skill involved because it's just a zerg of which side has more guys. Also, this game lags to **** when there's a bunch of ppl on your screen. So that's why I don't really enjoy wpvp, but plenty of people do, so I wish BW would fix Ilum or bring wpvp back.

Ya I never claimed twinking took any skill, but I twink all my lowbies as I level up because I'm a min/max type of person. I really hate seeing players in lowbie WZs who have like 11k hp because they can't be bothered to update their gear. I don't do things half assed, and that includes keeping all my gear updated as best as possible. Whether it's at 50 or sub 50, it doesn't matter to me. I also have like over 50 miillion credits and need money sinks, and twinking is a great money sink. I used to have over 100 mil but gave like most of that away to friends.

I don't like ganking because I hate it when someone does it to me, so I don't do it to others. And I'm 100% sure nobody likes being ganked. However, I don't see anything wrong with ganking. Other people enjoy ganking, good for them, so I don't come on the forums crying about it when I get ganked doing dailies.

Edited by Smashbrother

But are they an issue that needs 'fixing'? Well, guess we can always nerf Operatives/Scoundrels again, if we really want to direct resources to nonsense 'fixes' vs focusing on something that could actually use some attention. :rak_03:

Someone didn't read my posts.

I don't really think it needs a fix, or that it's that annoying. I was explaining what is an exploit/abuse of the system and what is not, and how we as humans with logical brains can determine it.

It's more sad than annoying, and I would rather Dev's turn their attention to matchmaking, class imbalance, or the other issues that plague pvp. =P doesn't make eternal 49 twinking any less of an exploit.

I don't really think it needs a fix, or that it's that annoying. I was explaining what is an exploit/abuse of the system and what is not, and how we as humans with logical brains can determine it.

It's more sad than annoying, and I would rather Dev's turn their attention to matchmaking, class imbalance, or the other issues that plague pvp. =P doesn't make eternal 49 twinking any less of an exploit.

Hmmm wasn't annoying to me either initially. Not until 2+ daily warzones interrupted by it. Then it became annoying.

With people believing 1.6 is right around the corner, hitting 50 now would be the epitome of dumb.

After 1.6, the "big boy" pants you speak of will be either obsolete or cheaper, depending on the pants.

Additionally, if you had a high 40s toon before 1.5, it became virtually impossible to obtain max comms before hitting 50 after that update. Since a loss awards virtually the same xp but many fewer comms, it makes sense to drop the wz if you're going to lose.

~Eggs

I have a level 45 now. I have no problems reaching max coms. None at all. Nor have I ever with any toon I've played.

The people in question aren't dropping warzones because they are losing - they are dropping in order to avoid leveling.

As for dropping warzones because you're losing - well that just makes you - a loser. X2.

Edited by Seena

I did some open world pvp in section x, that's about it. But fact of the matter is open world pvp doesn't work unless there's 3 factions. If you were around at launch, and you were on Rep side on my server, you'd remember the awesome fun that was getting camped at our base in Ilum because the Imps always outnumbered us. There's no skill involved because it's just a zerg of which side has more guys. Also, this game lags to **** when there's a bunch of ppl on your screen. So that's why I don't really enjoy wpvp, but plenty of people do, so I wish BW would fix Ilum or bring wpvp back.

Ya I never claimed twinking took any skill, but I twink all my lowbies as I level up because I'm a min/max type of person. I really hate seeing players in lowbie WZs who have like 11k hp because they can't be bothered to update their gear. I don't do things half assed, and that includes keeping all my gear updated as best as possible. Whether it's at 50 or sub 50, it doesn't matter to me. I also have like over 50 miillion credits and need money sinks, and twinking is a great money sink. I used to have over 100 mil but gave like most of that away to friends.

I don't like ganking because I hate it when someone does it to me, so I don't do it to others. And I'm 100% sure nobody likes being ganked. However, I don't see anything wrong with ganking. Other people enjoy ganking, good for them, so I don't come on the forums crying about it when I get ganked doing dailies.

Open pvp doesn't work unless there are 3 factions?

LOL!

It's not an exploit.

"Let me start by explaining how we go about determining when to fix an issue in the live game, whether it is a bug or an exploit. Let’s begin with exploits – those cases when we determine that a bug in the code can give an unfair advantage to a player. (Remember, not all bugs are exploits!)"

http://www.swtor.com/blog/developer-blog-busting-bugs-and-fixing-exploits

Leaving WZs does not give the person leaving an advantage. The other stuff you mentioned like getting more than 8 people in a WZ is an exploit because it gives you an advantage.

It's not an exploit.

"Let me start by explaining how we go about determining when to fix an issue in the live game, whether it is a bug or an exploit. Let’s begin with exploits – those cases when we determine that a bug in the code can give an unfair advantage to a player. (Remember, not all bugs are exploits!)"

http://www.swtor.com/blog/developer-blog-busting-bugs-and-fixing-exploits

Leaving WZs does not give the person leaving an advantage. The other stuff you mentioned like getting more than 8 people in a WZ is an exploit because it gives you an advantage.

You really are === clueless.

" Let’s begin with exploits – those cases when we determine that a bug in the code can give an unfair advantage to a player. (Remember, not all bugs are exploits!)"

Unfair advantage. Unfair Advantage... key words there.....

Edited by Seena

Getting bored and moving on hasn't happened on my server. In fact - it's getting more common.

If it wasn't a recurring issue - affecting 2 or so wxs daily - I wouldn't say a thing.

But it is. And it's getting worse. Time it was stopped.

You can twink (get up to date gear ) yourself, its not that expensive and doesnt take that much time, otherwise suffer, it is your choice.

You can twink (get up to date gear ) yourself, its not that expensive and doesnt take that much time, otherwise suffer, it is your choice.

I assure you my gear is as up to date as

yours - if not more so.

gear being up to date - isn't the issue at all.

Oh btw - still waiting for your source about legacy mods and Bioware not fixing it because its "too expensive".

Edited by Seena

i can understand that it is frustrating that there are morons who want to twink their 49s and pwn people in the sub-50 bracket. but what happens in the sub-50 bracket is irrelevant. real PvP doesnt start until level 50.

so instead of coming to the forums whining that people are doing this (there is no way to stop it btw) maybe finish leveling your toon, get to 50, and never have to see those twink morons again? take your licks in the lowbie warzones, get your XP, and then get to the real PvP.

this seems like a massive non-issue, and i certainly hope that bioware is not devoting resources to this problem

I assure you my gear is more up to date than yours.

gear being up to date - isn't the issue at all.

Okay the issue is the such called "Exploit". You want it to be fixed. Interesting how ? Once you join the warzone you get xp, or you get xp for killing people inside the wz. What would you suggest?

Okay the issue is the such called "Exploit". You want it to be fixed. Interesting how ? Once you join the warzone you get xp, or you get xp for killing people inside the wz. What would you suggest?

If you'd actually bothered to read the thread - instead of making snarky remarks - you would have seen some rather decent and seemingly easy ways to remedy this. The easiest being awarding xp in increments as the WZ progresses. This would also help people who DC during the wz.

Edited by Seena

You really are === clueless.

" Let’s begin with exploits – those cases when we determine that a bug in the code can give an unfair advantage to a player. (Remember, not all bugs are exploits!)"

Unfair advantage. Unfair Advantage... key words there.....

Explain how leaving a WZ, which results in no rewards, gives that person an unfair advantage. But let's say--for arguments sake--that it is an unfair advantage. So I guess a level 10 leaving WZs to avoid xp is getting an unfair advantage too? Lols.

Edited by Smashbrother

So I guess a level 10 leaving WZs to avoid xp is getting an unfair advantage too, and must be banned along with those 49s.

You are the only one who has spoken of banning people.

You are confused. Using an exploit does not = immediate ban. You really do need to understand this. The point is not to ban people - but to fix the way xp is awarded to stop the exploiting.

As for the rest of your comment - it's simply so profoundly ludicrous and inapplicable - it will have to otherwise be ignored.

Edited by Seena