Group Finder return to last location?

The Group Finder is great, but my one problem with it is that when I finish the FP/raid it puts me back on the Fleet (or Ilum). It would be so much better if it sent me back to where I was before. I'm generally in the middle of doing something when the queue finally pops, and it's kind of annoying having to travel back, especially if I happened to be on Corellia (those load screens are awful...).

You'll be glad to know that this is something we have in the works! In the future, the Group Finder will return you to your original location.

That makes me very happy indeed! Thanks for the quick response =)

You'll be glad to know that this is something we have in the works! In the future, the Group Finder will return you to your original location.

This is nice! What would also be nice is if we are in a war zone, that we do not get ported back to our starting location (the one we entered the WZ from) and then have to port to the instance. :rolleyes:

Double port not needed.

Edited by TOGFelix

could this possibly be an option. sometimes i like being ported back to the fleet, sometimes i would prefer to port back to where i was. options are nice

could this possibly be an option. sometimes i like being ported back to the fleet, sometimes i would prefer to port back to where i was. options are nice

Yeah, I think the option would be cool, because sometimes you have follow-up missions to turn in on Ilum or White Zova, etc. upon completing a particular FP.

Given that returning from PVP puts you back where you were, I would think it shouldn't be too hard for GF to do the same thing. :)

Its so great to hear that...Thats gonna make it so much easier to go back to the questing area you were in instead of having to travel aaaall the way back manually

if you have the option for both, the issue you will come across is people using it as a free fleet pass.

People are doing that now. Returning them to their previous location as an option would only help those of us who WANT to go back to where we started.

What if there would be a panel at the fp exists (fleet and ilum) where you could click and there would be an option to shuttle back to the place you left from. This way there would be an option to stay at the fleet or return back .

Loving that change! However I see one small problem with this: currently at the end of each FP, you "have to" turn in the quest at the terminals outside the FP-ports. How will this work in the future? Will we have to manually travel to the fleet (unless fleet pass is off cd) to turn the quest in, or will there be a quest turn-in of some sort inside GF FP:s?

there is a possible exploit on current system.

you want to port to the fleet (or ilum) but your fleet recall is on CD

- sign to a fleet FP (esseles, kaon, D7, ...) as a heal or tank (to shorten wait time)

- as soon as you get a group, leave the group, you are in the fleet

I think this should be addressed because it grief player willing to run the flashpoint.

Return to last location would nullify this exploit.

Choice to stay on the fleet or return to last location should be given only upon completion of flashpoint.

- sign to a fleet FP (esseles, kaon, D7, ...) as a heal or tank (to shorten wait time)

I think this should be addressed because it grief player willing to run the flashpoint.

Choice to stay on the fleet or return to last location should be given only upon completion of flashpoint.

Yes using this is faster than using those shuttles on every planet that take you to the fleet?

i see yes, i remember those. They are however at a unique location on a said planet, you could be quite far away, especially if your hearthstone is on CD.

notwithstanding, the abuse i point out shouldn't exist, i think people that signs on the group finder for flashpoint should do so with the intent of running the flashpoint, not as a free teleport to the fleet from anywhere in the world.

Edited by Vankris

Never thought of doing that. I'd feel kind of bad though, it is kind of a dick move just to save a few minutes.

Very happy to hear this as well! Since I'm DPS the group finder takes quite a while to pop. I'll probably make a seperate thread on this but I have a question, if somebody is away from keyboard, does their que in the group finder still pop? There's been A LOT of times where it finally pops, and we sit there and watch the timer count down waiting for the last person to push it, only for it to run out of time. :/

I also think a lot of people decline because they dont want to have to travel to the fleet after, only to have to travel back to where their current quest was, so please hurry with adding this feature!!! People will start actually using the group finder on my server!! :)

• 1 month later...

Thanks Allison. Don't suppose you guys have a rough ETA for when we might see this implemented? With 1.4 perhaps?