Downtime Funtime

EricMusco

I've been asking this since day 1. I miss that (totally not black jack) game. But really actually having a gambling mechanic in the game on nar shadaa would be cool. If STO can have Dabo, we can have pazaak.

I have also been asking for it for a long time, even when it was in beta.

Would be a great way to pass the time for players who are bored or tired of doing the story or doing PVP. Just sit back, and play cards.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leen, I'm pretty sure they meant the armor reward boxes, because they were not BoP and could be given to someone, letting them wear higher level gear than they were supposed to get.

Binding the Alliance Crates would be a horrid idea, and likely kill anyone attempting to level an alt through the new stuff.

Referral links in signatures is one thing (i have that myself), but just posting your link is just spamming IMO. let alone pretending to post a CC key while it actually being your referral. that's borderline scamming. Edited by dimmidice

Items + Economy

In support of the new Relics being craftable, we wanted to ensure Relics found in Operations were still superior to crafted and Mission Relics. As such, we have changed the stat allocations of Relics found in Operations. The abilities of these Relics remain unchanged, however they now have an additional stat added on to them. DPS & Healing Relics have lost a little bit of Endurance to gain Critical Rating, and Tank Relics have lost a little bit of Mastery to gain some Shield Rating. This only affects Relics that drop from Operations or are sold on the Glowing/Radiant Data Crystal vendor with Rating 216 or higher.

Alliance Supply Crates no longer drop Premium Quality gifts or courting gifts.

An Akk Dog Customization has been added to Izzar the Jawa Junk Vendor in the Cartel Bazaar.

New Decorations have been added to the final boss of each Operation. They have a small chance to drop in Story Mode, a higher chance in Hard Mode, and a guaranteed drop in Nightmare Mode.

All Start @ 60 Equipment is now Bind on Pickup.

Training Sabers are now 1-handed and can be dual-wielded.

The following items now correctly direct you to the Alliance Vehicle Engineer instead of the Smuggled Supplies Vendor:

Keycard: Hylo Visz's Custom Swoop

Keycard: Oggurobb's Custom Swoop

Keycard: Sana-Rae's Custom Swoop

Keycard: Bey'wan Aygo's Custom Swoop

All Lockboxes rewarded from Heroics are now Bind on Pickup.

Missions + NPCs

Right for patch notes for today

Its meant for gear lockboxes. Alliance has CRATES not LOCKBOXES

I'm guessing this is referring to the gear lockboxes you get prior to level 61, since the gear inside them isn't level restricted and doesn't change regardless of what character opens them so you could do a heroic on a level 60 character, take the lockbox and throw it in the legacy bay, open it with a level 15 character and have 178 gear on a level 15 character.

The alliance crates that you get from level 60+ aren't lockboxes, they're a legacy token that you trade for lockboxes. So they'll probably stay BoL. I haven't been on to check for sure, but that's my guess.

Why are people going on about...?

Ah, I didn't see that line in the patch notes before.

Of course that would only refer to the random gear lockboxes that you get from them before level 61. (Which I saw someone claim a day or two ago have apparently not been bound at all, and the gear in them apparently doesn't have level requirements so they were apparently getting level 50ish stats on level 10 characters by sending the boxes over.) The alliance boxes, obtained from heroics at level 61+, are called "locked supply crates" and there's no reason to change those away from being bound to legacy.

Missions + NPCs

Right for patch notes for today

Denial: Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. *enters fetal position in corner and begins rocking*

Observation: I was looking at the notes that I posted in my Guild's forum. Apparently that line didn't get put in.

Statement: I'm not surprised as for some reason that forum doesn't like super long posts when it's a copy+paste.

Eric is a community manager - his job is to help keep unreasonable frothing gamers distracted during downtime. Nothing more vicious than a gamer without their addiction. *nods* Imagine what it's like having to be the target of gamer wrath for every patch day. *shudders* The joys of customer service.

Denial: Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. *enters fetal position in corner and begins rocking*

Observation: I was looking at the notes that I posted in my Guild's forum. Apparently that line didn't get put in.

Statement: I'm not surprised as for some reason that forum doesn't like super long posts when it's a copy+paste.

it's just the equipment lockboxes mate. making the crates BoP would be bloody stupid.