Returning level 50. 7 day sub trial active, but no access to Hutt Cartel Expansion

Saharaa

I am a potentially returning player with five level 50 characters. I activated the free 7 day Subscriber promo to see if i would like to come back. The promo says "play the Revan expansion, but I cant access the Hutt Cartel expansion first without buying it. I would like to play for a few days before i decide if i want to reactivate my sub but I cant do anything except fly around. Is there some way i can play the Hutt Cartel content for my 7 days?

Thanks

I don't know about that one. I had to buy the expansion for the Hutt Cartel and a mere three weeks later Shadow of Revan dropped. Then Bioware offered RoHC for free with the purchase of SoR. I felt like such an idiot! I am loving the game, personally, especially when it comes around to the new expansion. The Forged Alliances arc joined with Shadow of Revan is pretty epic. I hope that helps.

RotHC is free with a subscription. I am guessing the 7-day subscriber access does not count as such. You do not need RotHC to access Revan (assuming Revan is included for 7-day people). You only need to hit 55.

RotHC is free with a subscription. I am guessing the 7-day subscriber access does not count as such. You do not need RotHC to access Revan (assuming Revan is included for 7-day people). You only need to hit 55.

Thanks for the reply. the only problem with hitting level 55 to try out the Revan content is leveling to 55 without RotHC. The 7 day free sub is useless for me and I am very interested in paying for my sub again. Can you see the conundrum? Why couldn't they just unlock RotHC for the same 7 day period?

I understand you may not want to invest this much money if you're unsure about coming back, but you sound like you really are hoping to be convinced to sub again. If you think there's a good chance that you *will* end up subbing (and if you can afford it), if I were you I would just take a leap of faith and buy the package deal going on right now that is a two-month sub, Shadow of Revan and 2400 Cartel Coins for $40.

You get RotHC automatically by buying this deal, and if you end up procrastinating until the promotion ends on March 29th but then *do* decide to sub and play Revan, you'll be spending at least $35 (if you buy Revan for $20 and get a one-month sub), or $50 if you get a two-month sub and Revan. That's $10 more for Revan and the same amount of sub, plus *no* Cartel Coins (the amount of Cartel Coins included in that $40 is $20 worth, by the way).

Sorry if I sound like a soulless advertisement drone, but I really try to convince people to take this deal if they need all the things included in it, simply because the deal came out less than a week after I'd spent the normal price of $70 on the exact items included in it, and I am still kicking myself.

Yeah that deal is a great price, even having already purchased SoR, I bought it because I got 2 months of sub ($30) plus $20 worth of CC for $40, saving me $10. If you do not have SoR you save yourself another $20.

Smashing good deal. Just do it.