If i get eve:online from amazon.com will ccp allow an account from New Zealand

ratatech

Just a question if i purchase eve online from amazon.com will ccp game allow me to create an account in my country of New Zealand? Since EB Games nz is out of stock and can't order it in and Mighty Ape Nz has it listed as unavailable so i'll have to purchase it from amazon.com and it's a pc game so there's no region locking.

Any answers would be appreciated.

Edited by ratatech
spelling correction

I would be surprised if they redzoned any country at this stage

Google New Zealand EvE players or guilds you might find more that way

Okay but are the servers all in a foreign language or are there servers in both English and foreign languages?

Thank you all for answering my question.Much appreciated!

Instead of doing the digital download i'll preorder EVE The Second Decade Collectors Edition from Amazon.com and pay the $250NZD price (it's $150USD) because of the exchange rate i've worked it out and install from disc.btw The Second Decade Collectors Edition is due for release on the 31st of October.

Edited by ratatech
spelling correction

I'd really recommend to try it out before.

EVE is a Dark and Harsh Place.

not sure how is is these days but it wasn't the most newcomer friendly game when i started,

also it is dying since 2003.

:p

insider tipp: "Amarr" have Laz0rz but some evil person spread the Rumor that their ships where designed last, and that the designers had smoked something from another galaxy far far away during the creation to stay at work the whole time, I like the design :p and the Laz0rz

also may i point your attention to the awesome "Hurricane" some call it a stolen design, I don't know what could have been the Original.

Edited by DarthSpekulatius

EVE is a Dark and Harsh Place.

not sure how is is these days but it wasn't the most newcomer friendly game when i started,

also it is dying since 2003.

:p

EVE is very newbie friendly. The very first time, you undock you already will see a dozen yellow can-boxes in space barely 10km away, which are named "free stuff" or something like that. And the moment you take anything out of those boxes, you get a new ship and learn how to fly a pod ;)

That aside, EVE is in english. Each channel got a "main" language which is english for any channel other than for the language channels. (yes, you can get banned for speaking english in GERMAN or HILFE but most likely you will just get rudely insulted until you either explode, give up or find the right channel for your useage).

Oh and one more thing: It is wrong to be gallente... They are the Jar Jars of EVE.

yes, you can get banned for speaking english in GERMAN or HILFE but most likely you will just get rudely insulted until you either explode, give up or find the right channel for your useage).

Don't know what you mean by that.

the German is such a nice channel, only friendly people, they are always generous with excellent tips and Helpful suggestions no matter the language. (edit: at least it was 4 years ago)

also as a new player you might want to invest a few $ to buy PLEX then travel to Jita and look through the Contracts there's often great Stuff for really good Prices you can then Transport somewhere else in your Industrial to get more ISK out of it and buy the PLEX back ones you have enough ISK to keep it running.

:mon_trap:

Don't know what you mean by that.

the German is such a nice channel, only friendly people, they are always generous with excellent tips and Helpful suggestions no matter the language. (edit: at least it was 4 years ago)

GERMAN and HILFE also were nice one year ago, when I stopped playing EVE... as long as you were speaking german ;)

English was mostly accepted, but generally sent to their respective channels... cyrillic chat usually ended in declarations of war ;)

oh also they have a really annoying UI especially all these popups make sure you click "do not show again" or you'll be mad within a week.

and it's really sad that right click isn't supported in that game, also the complete lack of PVP might be a bit disgusting if you like that stuff.

Edit: and don't get me started on the awful graphics

EVE is very newbie friendly. The very first time, you undock you already will see a dozen yellow can-boxes in space barely 10km away, which are named "free stuff" or something like that. And the moment you take anything out of those boxes, you get a new ship and learn how to fly a pod ;)

And the EVE online developers and channel moderators are also very active not to mention protective of new players in the new player systems. A dev even came out and said that anyone preying on newbie players (bait canning, can flipping or scamming) in new player zones will get temp bans.

CCP GM Homonoia says I shall make this real simple: Do not mess with rookies in rookie systems in any way. They are still trying to figure out how to read the overview and how to right click; messing with them at that point in their career is something for bullies who have something to compensate for and only dare to pick on the smallest, weakest boy in kindergarten.

CCP GM Zerat saysThere is currently a blanket ban on can baiting in rookie systems, I just wanted to bring that up as many players make this mistake.

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Rookie_Systems

Warning: Can Flipping in Rookie Systems is considered Griefing.

So if you are thinking about can baiting only older players in those systems, please do not.

Funny thing is that people still do try to bait rookies in rookie systems. People either try to feign ignorance...or maybe they really are ignorant, or they just lack common sense. It's actually nice to see that devs in EVE take the matter seriously. Pretty understandable too since they are a niche game so keeping subs is important for them. I even remember another Dev or GM saying that they dont allow rookie ganking in rookie systems because they dont want new players to get scared off before they've even gotten a chance to make a decision about staying in the game.

Edited by swtonewbie