AP/tank Hybrid. Are people using shield or generator?

apooni

I have heard different things and seen people doing both, so i thought i would poll the form for opinions

people running some variation of the 8-36-2 , 6-36-4, 3-26-7, etc... hybrdi AP tank in PVP, are you using a shield mostly (for increased shield chance or absorption) or sticking with the generator for increased DPS?

Ive ran both and really not sure which is better atm

I have heard different things and seen people doing both, so i thought i would poll the form for opinions

people running some variation of the 8-36-2 , 6-36-4, 3-26-7, etc... hybrdi AP tank in PVP, are you using a shield mostly (for increased shield chance or absorption) or sticking with the generator for increased DPS?

Ive ran both and really not sure which is better atm

those are not hybrids.

hybrids are something wirh for example oil slick and rest AP, going ion gas cylinder.

i use a shield when i am in ion. its just too much mitigation to miss out, about 7 percent for me.

I run 3-36-7 for arenas only really....and i use a shield gen with DPS mod and enhancement all AIM augments....you dont lose out on DPS that way....not sure of the tech bonus lost out on but i still do plenty of DPS to be either #1 or #2 on the board and still do enough prot to justify the guard. You also have to remember the instant 5% dmg reduction from ion cell, all the dmg reduction from the AP tree, and the dmg reduction from the shield chance and absorb and defense...if I have heavy hitters in my group Ill run my tank set and endurance stim....but it really depends.