Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Origin blocking people from canceling

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Origin blocking people from canceling

rushx
12.16.2011 , 07:11 AM | #1
they have removed any possible way to cancel pre-order on the site

piss taking *****
Intel i5 2500k 3.30ghz @4.6ghz oc , Asus P8Z68-V mboard, Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB DDR3, Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 750W V2 PSU ,Corsair H60 liquid CPU Cooler Antec DF-10 case KFA2 560Ti Ex OC edition 27"iiyama ProLite 1080p Monitor Corsair 120gb Force 3 6gb/s SSD

Gradivus
12.16.2011 , 07:15 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by rushx View Post
they have removed any possible way to cancel pre-order on the site

piss taking *****
They send out the product keys today. You can't expect to be able to cancel at the last moment.

KiroLM
12.16.2011 , 07:15 AM | #3
Hey guys, I'm old enough to buy things online but I need help from the internet to figure out how to cancel an order over the phone.

It's really hard.

iTempest
12.16.2011 , 07:17 AM | #4
I will have a bad taste in my mouth regarding Origin, EA and Bioware for a long time to come. My memory is long and so is a significant part of the communitys.

Lamuse
12.16.2011 , 07:17 AM | #5
Or you could *gasp* pick up the phone and call them

Nightsyte
12.16.2011 , 07:20 AM | #6
Yea, they're not going to let you cancel your order today, because the full game codes are being sent out now.

It would be like trying to cancel a box order after it has already shipped. You need to wait until you get it, and then call them up for a return-and-refund.
"To know that we know what we know, and that we do not know what we do not know, that is true knowledge." -Confucius

Varghjerta
12.16.2011 , 07:22 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Gradivus View Post
They send out the product keys today. You can't expect to be able to cancel at the last moment.
Sure about that i havent seen any information about it as of yet

Lamuse
12.16.2011 , 07:24 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Varghjerta View Post
Sure about that i havent seen any information about it as of yet
Product keys for the DDE's are going out today the 16th

NoWorldOrder
12.16.2011 , 07:24 AM | #9
If you go into Origin Help (from the site or software) and hit the Call Back option - they will usually call you within a couple minutes. Both times I have used it, I would walk away from computer (and phone) after clicking it, and end up running back in the room to answer their call.

Also, they are EXTREMELY helpful. Both times I called them my problem was fixed immediately (One being Orgin account having two xbox gamertags associated and messing up xbox connectivity and Find Friends function; the other being no confirmation/tracking/etc of my Security Key order. I got confirmation on the security key by email while still on the phone with them, during a ~3 minute phone call)

Also, I see no reason you cannot cancel today, since release isn't actually until the 20th, and chances are when you pre-ordered you had no idea you were getting the key early. Just don't redeem the key on the website. If it's a non-activated key, you probably have until the 19th to cancel, even if you can only do so by phone.

Illusory
12.16.2011 , 07:25 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Gradivus View Post
That depends where he is from. Unless he already entered the key and 'used' their service (ie played) you can cancel any order within 14 days after purchse in the EU at least.