Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What the hell do people mean by an "honest opinion"?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What the hell do people mean by an "honest opinion"?

Kricys
12.16.2011 , 06:06 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaku View Post
Thread completely died after servers went up. The way it should be.
I'm still here, 2 laptops. This is my general chat since I'm the only one on Nar Shadaa.
Kricys. Marauder. Vulkar Highway

Jaku
12.16.2011 , 06:12 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Kricys View Post
I'm still here, 2 laptops. This is my general chat since I'm the only one on Nar Shadaa.
How is it? It's the planet I most want to visit atm.
"Your chances come in two shapes. Slim, and fat." - Mace Windu

Quote:
This is a story driven story.

choboon
12.16.2011 , 06:21 AM | #43
I won, by 20 seconds.
Actually you lost by a lifetime.

Some people, many infact, who post on these forums are not native english speakers.
In how many languages can you express yourself as fluent as they can in english ?

I grew up with english speakers, most only know their mother tongue.
Elitism is always a pain but it really hurts when coupled with ignorance.

Daeborn
12.16.2011 , 06:23 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by VioletZero View Post
What the hell do people mean by an "Honest Opinion." Are you implying that other opinions are dishonest?
I want to know why they call it a "Hot Water Heater", when in actuality it heats cold water! I am pissed!!!

Kricys
12.16.2011 , 07:02 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by choboon View Post
Actually you lost by a lifetime.

Some people, many infact, who post on these forums are not native english speakers.
In how many languages can you express yourself as fluent as they can in english ?

I grew up with english speakers, most only know their mother tongue.
Elitism is always a pain but it really hurts when coupled with ignorance.
I speak 3 and English isn't my native language. Get over yourself. Bet you perked up in your lil chair when you wrote that lol.
You can easily spot the way a foreign person types compared to someone who just well... yeah.. American education isn't that great.

Kricys
12.16.2011 , 07:03 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaku View Post
How is it? It's the planet I most want to visit atm.
Its a huge cluster....yeah. Pretty cool tho, lots of running around. Second time there for me, first in my early 20s.

Amiracle
12.16.2011 , 07:06 AM | #47
I would say that if you see Honest Opinion in the title that its a post bashing the game based on personal preferences.

seekerofpower
12.16.2011 , 07:25 AM | #48
It makes me rage. I can't help it. Like when a baby is crying at the movies... I just imagine their body as a football and I'm ready to punt that mofo.
That's how I roll...
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."

KaiLunn
12.16.2011 , 07:26 AM | #49
I don't know about anyone else, but for me:

I always give my honest opinion. When I say "My honest opinion is" it's a great big warning that I am not going to sugar coat it, and I'll probably be honest to the point of rudeness. (eg: My honest opinion is that your butt does look fat in those jeans. vs Hrm, I don't think those jeans are flattering, you should wear that cool pair you wore to the party the other night.)

The one that gets me is "In my opinion". Well duh, of course it's your opinion unless you preface otherwise, or you're a stooge. If anyone catches me using it, they are free to mock me.

Edit: Incidentally, when people ask "What's your real opinion?" and my answer might be insulting, I usually ask how much sugarcoating they want.

-Kai-Lunn
People, including me, will complain about anything. If BioWare sent us all $100 in thanks for playing TOR, inevitably someone would complain about how the bill was folded or if it was new enough to include the lastest anti-forgery options. That said, I prefer mine folded in half, and with all the neat bells and whistles.