Auction House Sucks

gorkah

Ok so this subcategory/category filter first crap really grinds on me.

Just let me open the AH and type in a word for crying out loud.

While we're at it, Rift has you beat with their AH, you can right click anything in your inventory with the AH open and it just "searches" for the item. That's right, no typing, no filtering, just search.

Also Rift has you beat on posting items, it automatically keeps track of the price you set last time you posted something. SWTOR just magically multiplies the vendor value which surprisingly I find a lot of people just leaving in as the default without even researching prices, because, frankly it's a pain.

And while we're at it, I should just be able to right click stack stuff into my bank, why I gotta find the item to stack on???

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the "Auction House"?

wrong game dude... AH is where it belongs!

GTN is the initials you are looking for

It's going to end up colloquially referred to as "the AH" all the time, get used to it instead of being butt-hurt pedants.

Its not being pedantic, its wanting people to switch the paradigm of branding. The longer people call it the AH, the longer subconsciously its being tied to WoW. Trying to get people to call it the GTN helps to rebrand people's brains to SWTOR.

+1

Just my thoughts :)

Yeah sorry, GTN not AH, but I enjoy people defending my right to call it an Auction House if I feel like it.

Oh yeah, and also, the fact that half the time you sell something you get a cryptic email like "oh someone just bought your crap", and of course you don't get the money for another hour, REALLY???

I can buy 6 different Synthweave shirts and have them magically appear in my inbox within seconds, but a simple electronic funds transfer takes a fricking hour??? Is Wells Fargo in 1985 really have better technology than the old republic?? Why don't they just use whatever magically transporters they have to send me shirts instantly used to just put my credits in a nice lockbox and send them to me instantly FFS.

And then half the time the system doesn't even tell you what you sold, it just randomly emails you money... it's pretty hilariously bad actually.

Its not being pedantic, its wanting people to switch the paradigm of branding. The longer people call it the AH, the longer subconsciously its being tied to WoW. Trying to get people to call it the GTN helps to rebrand people's brains to SWTOR.

>>Acting like this game didn't copy a bunch of **** from WoW.

i would settle for a slot selection...shouldn't have to sift through helms and chests if i'm looking for bracers...

Oh yeah, totally forgot about slot selection. Finding a helm or earpeace is like a quest, you should get like 10k xp for being able to find one under 30k, frickin greedy launch abusing crafters.........

I can't believe you care so much, sounds like butt-hurt to me. People who use the term "AH" out of habit aren't so dumb that we forget which game we're talking about, we don't go up to the terminal and start looking for battle elixirs and magic wands.

>>Acting like this game didn't copy a bunch of **** from WoW.

And WoW is unique in every way..

Kungfu Panda anyone!?

Pet arena = Pokemon anyone!?!

PVE Battlegrounds = Public quests WarHammer anyone!?!

Just to name few.. Haven't played WoW for over a year now, but im getting the feeling that there is a new ability called Roundhouse Kick for hunters..

And WoW is unique in every way..

Kungfu Panda anyone!?

Pet arena = Pokemon anyone!?!

PVE Battlegrounds = Public quests WarHammer anyone!?!

Just to name few.. Haven't played WoW for over a year now, but im getting the feeling that there is a new ability called Roundhouse Kick for hunters..

moddable gear and Hordeside/Allianceside points incoming in 3...2....1