<Death and Taxes> vs. HM Dread Fortress

Assuming we have the right players copied to the PTS and ready to go, <Death and Taxes> will be testing 8 man hard mode Dread Fortress tonight at 7:30 central time.

It will be streamed at my twitch channel.

Update 8/29: We're live now on my channel, we have some people running late. We should hopefully be starting the instance again within an hour.

VODs:

Day One

Day Two

Edited by FridgeLM

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming we have the right players copied to the PTS and ready to go, <Death and Taxes> will be testing 8 man hard mode Dread Fortress tonight at 7:30 central time.

It will be streamed at my twitch channel.

Whoa i didnt know Dread Fortress was OUT???

Mehh too lazy to play on the PTS. I'll check the new stuff out when it hits live (to save me some excitement).

But i really want to watch this though. :confused: I'll be home around 830 CST. I hope you guys havent full cleared it by then :rolleyes:

Edited by paowee

Whoa i didnt know Dread Fortress was OUT???

Mehh too lazy to play on the PTS. I'll check the new stuff out when it hits live (to save me some excitement).

But i really want to watch this though. :confused: I'll be home around 830 CST. I hope you guys havent full cleared it by then :rolleyes:

I'll make a permanent vod for those who missed it and will link it here when that's ready.

well you guys clame things like "this boss is broken" or"mathematically impossible" way to soon. Suckafish did the Boss ..... ;)

The dev on our stream told us it was bugged and we posted the list of bugs for the encounter in the PTS forums, which is protocol. No one claimed it was impossible, we just didn't want to waste time with a fight that was going to be changed (as evidenced by the dev, our testers who went to Austin, and the fact that PTS is down already).

Additionally, if you watch our VoD, our attempt looks nothing like the bugged kill because they weren't even getting adds.

Don't speak about things you don't understand.

well you guys clame things like "this boss is broken" or"mathematically impossible" way to soon. Suckafish did the Boss ..... ;)

Suckafish did the boss with 0 adds. Grats, that particular bug that they lucked into literally made the boss doable with a tank healer and no dps.

http://www.twitch.tv/fridge_sa/c/2829497 <- vod for our fight, where the bug was that the adds never stopped coming and were there before the boss was pulled

Edit: lol @ suckafish pulling the vod of their "kill" down. That's some integrity, there.

Edited by FridgeLM

Suckafish did the boss with 0 adds. Grats, that particular bug that they lucked into literally made the boss doable with a tank healer and no dps.

My favorite part about the Suckafish kill was how excited they were about their bug letting them get a free kill so they could troll. My second favorite is how many people are jumping on the bandwagon without watching either video.

Edited by namesaretough

I think, people are mostly trolling them for the fact that DnT knew every single boss encounter before they even engaged the boss for the first time. Also I'd like to know how they got insight info on those fights before anyone else, and also what do people think about that, is it fair or not ?

I assure you DNT was not singled out to be part of focus testing. I was the only member of DNT present out of the entire group. Other DNT members knew nothing about the operation until they were standing in front of the bosses.

As far as I'm aware, they do not perform focus testing in this manner for nightmare content (or at least I've never been to one), so I don't know what the concern is about. Hard mode isn't exactly high competition, and if you're really concerned about being beaten to kills on the PTS I don't know what to say to you.

Edited by FridgeLM

Experts weighing in, eh?

The only time a vod goes down from my channel is when Twitch pulls it down to make room for a newer broadcast - standard practice for past broadcasts, which you can avoid by manually making highlights of things you want to keep forever.

I have literally not once ever removed a permanent highlight from my channel.

Suckafish pulled their vod down because it was embarrassing for them to be bragging about killing a boss who was doing literally 10% of his mechanics at best.

Edited by FridgeLM

So let me get this straight. You're saying, that you knowing every single boss fight is not going to help your guild, and yes I don't think anyone is going to bother with hardmode progression since hardmodes are way too easy, but how do we know that you never had insight info about other fights TFB, SnV nightmare or not going to have any insight info for future progression for that matter?

So let me get this straight. You're saying, that you knowing every single boss fight is not going to help your guild, and yes I don't think anyone is going to bother with hardmode progression since hardmodes are way too easy, but how do we know that you never had insight info about other fights TFB, SnV nightmare or not going to have any insight info for future progression for that matter?

"How do (you) know" that I've never had secret info? I dunno, probably the same way you'd know that I'm not secretly a lizard person who eats babies. Paranoid much?

You're literally asking me to prove a negative, so I don't feel any reason to engage you further.

Edited by FridgeLM