Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Utility Changes coming in GU 5.6

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Utility Changes coming in GU 5.6
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ippotamus
10.27.2017 , 02:56 PM | #21
You know the marriage is over when you truly... truly just don't care anymore.

shyroman
10.27.2017 , 02:59 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Otchiver View Post
I really wonder why the hell you keep nerfing Snipers. You nerfed all our specs... making only 2 of them universally viable, and hurting the regen on those 2. Now you're further gimping sniper regen, for what? I know multi-dot is a thing... But as per your quote, "No one should be punished for doing the proper rotation" So now you've made Virulence even MORE energy negative.

Thanks ******s.
This is actually a buff to virulence, this is essentially the equivalent of having a 50% crit chance on both dots, which is godlike crit chance unless you're running very low alacrity and very high crit/mastery.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

Otchiver
10.27.2017 , 03:03 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by shyroman View Post
This is actually a buff to virulence, this is essentially the equivalent of having a 50% crit chance on both dots, which is godlike crit chance unless you're running very low alacrity and very high crit/mastery.
I misread it.

shyroman
10.27.2017 , 03:04 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Otchiver View Post
I misread it.
Yeah I did too the first time, thought it said 1 energy per crit which would've been a massive nerf but instead it's a decent buff.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

Alec_Fortescue
10.27.2017 , 03:09 PM | #25
Can anyone elaborate on Pooled Hatred changes?! Did it get nerfed and only affects Shatter and Force Crush?! I know it had a problem of being triggered by dots earlier but does it still work as it used to otherwise with just applying the damage bonus for the full duration (initial+dot) of said abilities?

giorgo
10.27.2017 , 03:10 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Marauder
Carnage
  • Ferocity is now stack-based with 2 stacks lasting 10 seconds, affecting Devastating Blast, Gore, Vicious Throw and Massacre, and consuming a stack each time they are used
DevNotes: We noticed a disparity between damage output on the Carnage discipline from players that could successfully “clip” a Vicious Throw in a Ferocity window and those who couldn’t, due to factors outside of their control like server latency. Clipping lead to being able to use 3 abilities affected by Ferocity during the original 3 second window instead of 2. To remedy this, we changed Ferocity to be stack based, with 2 stacks lasting 10 seconds. Additionally, Ferocity now only affects certain abilities, making it possible for players to use a less optimal ability during the window without sacrificing a stack Ferocity.

Although this will look like a DPS loss, Carnage’s target DPS has always been calculated without “clipping” in mind, so this change should effectively normalize Carnage’s DPS to our target.

i dont even...
With enough alacrity we could always use 3 abilities even without clipping.
Under berserk it was 3 abilities without clipping again no matter what. So what is this 2 stack thing?
This just confirms that the balance guy doesnt play the game.
We are talking about at least 800 dps loss,does he know that??
Not to mention that Fury now will have more burst than carnage.With the recent buff to it it will also have more substained so may i politely ask what is the role that carnage will fill now???

DenariusJay
10.27.2017 , 03:13 PM | #27
PT AP lost its 30% DR from stuns? LOLOLOLOLOLOL.. class went from abysmal in ranked to just please delete it already.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington

Otchiver
10.27.2017 , 03:14 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by shyroman View Post
Yeah I did too the first time, thought it said 1 energy per crit which would've been a massive nerf but instead it's a decent buff.
I"M NOT THE ONLY ONE! :P
#therearedozensofus

Alec_Fortescue
10.27.2017 , 03:15 PM | #29
Thwart is still kinda useless as it is consumed by things like leap...

fire-breath
10.27.2017 , 03:16 PM | #30
Erik, any word on smoothing the negative energy management for saboteur/engi?
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger since patch 1.2 through ups and downs
PugsloveHP - the 96k HP commando DPS/healer
(4.0 HP, currently updating it to 5.0)