Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Utility Changes coming in GU 5.6

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Utility Changes coming in GU 5.6
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CHRZOE
10.27.2017 , 02:29 PM | #11
Why are you removing stun damage reduction from some of the weakest DPS classes in the game? And it is funny how people actually think these Mercenary/Commando changes matter, don't worry they will still be stupidly good.
Kitchen PRINK

NOFORKNKNIFE
10.27.2017 , 02:33 PM | #12
When BW thinks that making every spec easier increases the amount of Fun people with have Players getting rewarded for easy specs and classes and punished for harder specs how to ruin a mmorpg 101.

The day BioWare actually play the content they bring out will be the day they realised how much they ruin the game.
10/10

Ruhun
10.27.2017 , 02:35 PM | #13
RIP Carnage
Disappointed in the Cooking of the Duck Meat
Begeren Colony - Shadowlands - Satele Shan
Dead Server General

Baletraeger
10.27.2017 , 02:39 PM | #14
Sniper - looks okay I guess? I didn't think snipers had any real energy issues but ok

Operative - why interrupt? Is this actually useful for operative heals? Why not tie it to cooldowns on shield/evasion?

Merc - I can live with these. For IO, I like this, but why leave the spread on both Fusion and Dart? Ability consolidation would be a helpful move here, maybe you can have incendiary replace dart, combine abilities, and leave fusion as the solo spread ability?

Sorc - ok, but lightning still needs more dps and mobility

Jugg - looks good!

Mara - lol you couldn't help yourselves could you.

Elssha
10.27.2017 , 02:46 PM | #15
Geee, I wonder why they're worried about server latancy now, all of a sudden. Couldn't be anything to do with tossing all their servers to Virginia, now could it T_T

Otchiver
10.27.2017 , 02:46 PM | #16
[redacted]

DarthYun
10.27.2017 , 02:50 PM | #17
Carnage changes are rediculous, absolutely reta rded and delete a very interesting 'easy to play hard to master' spec and make it just like fury. Deleting a unique spec that has a very satisfying combo is an absolute disgrace.
What is the point of beserk now that there is no window to fit it in? The dev notes clearly show how out of touch you are with classes. Think this change through please cause it will be a real shame to lose this awesome discipline to unneeded stupid changes.

I'm fu c king furious

Lundorff
10.27.2017 , 02:52 PM | #18
So for Vengeance we now have to pick this new utility (Hardened Defenses) simply to remain at current level of defense? Have any of you guys even TRIED to play ranked with a DPS JUGG? We are almost always target first, and if anything we needed MORE defenses not bloody less. Sigh. At least I can't say I am surprised

omaan
10.27.2017 , 02:53 PM | #19
So, along with pt's carnage will be also completely useless. Combat team is sooo incompetent. They just killed two specs. The buff to pts defenses is minor, and with carnage changes this spec will become so weak compared to fury... well looks like devs really want to kill this game

PlagaNerezza
10.27.2017 , 02:55 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Assassin
  • The Formless Phantom utility has been redesigned and now reduces damage taken from area of effect attacks by 30% for the Deception and Hatred disciplines and reduces damage taken while stunned by 30% for the Darkness discipline
Deception
  • Entropic Field no longer reduces damage taken from area of effect attacks by 30%
Hatred
  • Deathmark stacks are now only consumed by your own periodic damage, and only your periodic damage gains a damage benefit from your Deathmark
DevNotes: We felt that Hatred wasn’t as effective on defense as Deception, so we altered Entropic Field to remove the protection against area of effect attacks and added that effect to the Formless Phantom utility available to both disciplines, and made it so the damage protection while stunned is only available to the Darkness discipline.
Additionally, Deathmark stacks were getting consumed by other Sith Inquisitor players’ periodic effects, so we redesigned it to only be consumed by the caster’s own periodic damage.
--

The deathmark fix is a really terrible idea. It was done to prevent stacked dots. So you are nerfing deception again? Because it was top tier dps with elite survivability? Getting rid of my stun damage defense is going to get my class globalled
Judust Jax
7 days of free subscription! A free server transfer! + More Goodies!
New & Returning Players. Give a Click and Get a Click!
http://www.swtor.com/r/zTCMYK!