Advice for getting Hard modes done

Hi guys. My guild is deciding to start really focusing on Hard mode flashpoints. i was hoping you guys could answer a few questions and possibly give some pointers.

1. What gear should everyone have to be successful

2. What class makeup do u need?

3. Should HM be done in a certain order?

4. is there an order of difficulty?

Anything else you can think to help us out would be most appreciated.

Thank in Advance.

Hi guys. My guild is deciding to start really focusing on Hard mode flashpoints. i was hoping you guys could answer a few questions and possibly give some pointers.

1. What gear should everyone have to be successful

2. What class makeup do u need?

3. Should HM be done in a certain order?

4. is there an order of difficulty?

Anything else you can think to help us out would be most appreciated.

Thank in Advance.

1. 126 rating or better. Do your daily missions on Belsavis, Ilum and Coreallia and mod out custom gear with mods from the mission support vendors or use artifact quality crafted gear. HM FPs give Columi which is used in HM Ops to get Rakata. Tionese fills out gaps in Columi.
  2. one tank, 2 dps and one healer
  3. not sure about that one, I do think they increase in difficulty based on the level of the normal mode versions -black talon/esseles being easiest and the lvl 50 ones being hardest
  4. see above

Edited by MorgonKara

Dont bother...healers dont work anymore they nerfed them and you cant keep your party healed now... Cast times are long and the heals do nothing. Plus you cannot even get your free force points now, it takes your health away... Great patch.... The weakest toon in the game gets nerfed more great thinking...

Dont bother...healers dont work anymore they nerfed them and you cant keep your party healed now... Cast times are long and the heals do nothing. Plus you cannot even get your free force points now, it takes your health away... Great patch.... The weakest toon in the game gets nerfed more great thinking...

WAhhhhHHHH!!!shift+1 NO MOAR HEELS! I NEED HEALS I NEED hArD MOAD!!!!

FFS.

SO this is from getting 3 50s from nothing to full rakata on 3 different servers.

Initially, when you hit 50, you will have a lot of problems. Mostly coming from people who are geared. coz they wont wanna run with you coz you dont have gear

Its not so bad when all your guild hits 50 at around the same time which I think is your case.

I personally found that getting PVP cent gear was much easier than anything else, so I went with that. you used to get a full set in a week doing ilum daily and weekly but you cant atm. However, if you have wz commendations now, you should be able to get the pvp gear at around the same time.

Once you have pvp, its just a matter or running the low HMs and 8 man normal ops as much as possible.

FPs not are not locked, you can can do BT multiple times with different people till everyone gets a columi bracers.

Then run Foundry, Apart from HK, it should be nice. HK drops tionese weapon and revan drops Columi boots. once again run with multiple groups as many times as you can to get everyone geared. This will give you enough commendations+crystals for 2-3 tionese items too.

Other ones I would suggest is BP, and FE, they drop GLOVES and chest. if you get enough columi commendations, buy you pants asap. coz D7 HM is feked.

ops are really great, they get a lot more ppl geared more quickly, and are much more fun imo. You need to know fights so study vids, get a vent or mumble server.

Once you get the hand of ops and a few more columi pieces, run HM OPS.

I personally found that getting PVP cent gear was much easier than anything else, so I went with that. you used to get a full set in a week doing ilum daily and weekly but you cant atm. However, if you have wz commendations now, you should be able to get the pvp gear at around the same time.

Once you have pvp, its just a matter or running the low HMs and 8 man normal ops as much as possible.

FPs not are not locked, you can can do BT multiple times with different people till everyone gets a columi bracers.

Then run Foundry, Apart from HK, it should be nice. HK drops tionese weapon and revan drops Columi boots. once again run with multiple groups as many times as you can to get everyone geared. This will give you enough commendations+crystals for 2-3 tionese items too.

Other ones I would suggest is BP, and FE, they drop GLOVES and chest. if you get enough columi commendations, buy you pants asap. coz D7 HM is feked.

ops are really great, they get a lot more ppl geared more quickly, and are much more fun imo. You need to know fights so study vids, get a vent or mumble server.

Once you get the hand of ops and a few more columi pieces, run HM OPS.

I wish people would stop promoting the idea of getting pvp gear in order to do pve content, its completely unnecessary (and now even worse an idea with recruit set being vastly under-par for PvE content).

To start running HM FPs you just need orange gear full of Blue/purple L49/50 mods. If all of your group are starting HMs at the same time, it might be worthwhile spending some extra time on the ilum/belsavis dailies to make sure you're all well kitted out in the armour/mod/enhancements... doesnt take too long though because you can buy L50 purple barrels/armourings for 8 dailies a piece, and the heroic quests drop mods/enhancements.. your gear up shouldn't take long.

As suggested, probably start with BT first, its generally quick and easy. Move on to BP, Foundry, FE and kaon isn't that hard once you get the hang of knowing what to do with the trash mobs. D7 is a bit more tricky though, but still perfectly doable.

End bosses drop tokens for columi gear as follows: BT - bracers; BP - gloves; Foundry - boots; FE - Chest; Kaon - head; BoI - offhand; D7 - legs. Those are a great step up in gear and will make the stuff easier to run. Through the HMs you will also pick up tionese commendations and crystals, which you can use to purchase stuff from the tionese vendor. These are great filler items before you get full columi, as they contribute to the set bonus along with the columi items.

Once you've got a bit of columi/tionese, you can also walk into the normal mode operations, for more columi drops + tionese crystals.

Good luck :)

dont bother...healers dont work anymore they nerfed them and you cant keep your party healed now... Cast times are long and the heals do nothing. Plus you cannot even get your free force points now, it takes your health away... Great patch.... The weakest toon in the game gets nerfed more great thinking...

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq