Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Maintenance: February 13th, 2019

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: February 13th, 2019
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SushaBrancaleone's Avatar


SushaBrancaleone
02.13.2019 , 03:46 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by MorseGod View Post
Quality is irrelevant. The point is that I can buy ANY commodity with money. The only variable is how efficiently I earn the money required to buy a particular item.

From a developer perspective, having people playing my game would be the only objective, whether they are constantly chasing the moving end-game goalposts or repetitively grinding other content. As long as they are paying and playing, there's no reason to prohibit them from eventually being able to purchase in-game items to further their own goals.

NOTHING in the real world prevents me from buying a Ferrari except whether I have enough cash on hand to do it. No one cares where the cash comes from. If I go to buy a Ferrari, they don't refuse to sell it to me because I made my money in a long, tedious way rather than by doing some activity that they arbitrarily demand.
gaming isnt about cash.. ty for proving my point.
u have to play the game (decently) to get the coolest stuff.. always been always will be

Noerra's Avatar


Noerra
02.13.2019 , 03:50 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by SushaBrancaleone View Post
...snip...

3 This HAS NEVER BEEN ONLY FOR GEAR, some of the rarest and sought after mounts and cosmetics in WoW were available via Raids.
There it came. I knew you were lost! Wow is that way

Btw original poster you attacked was not asking gear, just some attention to thread asking to get new VENDOR decos with different currencies. They are not ferrari, they are the peanuts you buy to eat on your driving trip. Now you are expected pay for those peanuts same price than for the ferrari.

SushaBrancaleone's Avatar


SushaBrancaleone
02.13.2019 , 03:51 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Noerra View Post
There it came. I knew you were lost! Wow is that way

Btw original poster you attacked was not asking gear, just some attention to thread asking to get new VENDOR decos with different currencies. They are not ferrari, they are the peanuts you buy to eat on your driving trip. Now you are expected pay for those peanuts same price than for the ferrari.
havent logged in wow since 2006 but sure changing the argument towards the poster instead of adressing the issue is called shaming

end game content (gear or collectables/cosmetics) are not the peanuts of mmos. all the opposite

you should also read the link the poster added to his first comment. Its not about gear its about decorations I'm afraid you've skipped a large part of the convo...

MorseGod's Avatar


MorseGod
02.13.2019 , 03:52 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by SushaBrancaleone View Post
gaming isnt about cash.. ty for proving my point.
u have o play the game (decently) to get the coolest stuff.. always been always will be
Way to skip over the point that people who are playing differently than you are still playing the game. There's precisely zero reason to put anything other than trophies and titles behind specific content. Stuff™ should be available to all who are willing to pay their subscription fee and play. Otherwise, there's not much point to keeping content in the game other than what the devs are currently hyping.
Guildmaster, Help (Star Forge)
Join us on Discord!
Was this post helpful? Please click my referral link.

SushaBrancaleone's Avatar


SushaBrancaleone
02.13.2019 , 03:53 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by MorseGod View Post
Way to skip over the point that people who are playing differently than you are still playing the game. There's precisely zero reason to put anything other than trophies and titles behind specific content. Stuff™ should be available to all who are willing to pay their subscription fee and play. Otherwise, there's not much point to keeping content in the game other than what the devs are currently hyping.
been playing a lot of mobile games lately have we?

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
02.13.2019 , 03:58 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by SushaBrancaleone View Post
I beg to differ on every word.
but before that, I find it dishonest that you claim to SPEAK for an entire community.
I also find it dishonest to want something everyone else needs to farm based on the claim of beeing a 'special minority'? MMO's have had top tier 'content' achievable via end content since .. the 20th century...
But the game has to change so that a minority can do their thing without having to play the game?
I also have a feeling that RPing here means... doing FP's in BDSM costumes??? ...
You jumped down anyone that has a different opinion yet you can attack a roleplayer by stating what you did. That does disservice to a lot of roleplayers. Just because you don't roleplay doesn't mean there are not those of us that like to roleplay and I find it very insulting you made that comment about roleplaying like you did.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

Noerra's Avatar


Noerra
02.13.2019 , 03:59 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by SushaBrancaleone View Post
havent logged in wow since 2006 but sure changing the argument towards the poster instead of adressing the issue is called shaming

end game content (gear or collectables/cosmetics) are not the peanuts of mmos. all the opposite
There is no shame in wow, i am sorry if i made you feel bad. My comment was ment as a friendly remark of certain kind of posting/attitude towards players being more common on that side of the gaming fence. I am sorry if it came out bad way to you.

After the starts (failed) joke i said other things too. You should just read that part.

Ardrossan's Avatar


Ardrossan
02.13.2019 , 04:00 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by SushaBrancaleone View Post
LOL because what they ask affects me and others indirectly...
as in: .. several people want decos to be available from end content, and would be upset if there weren't any...
hence i will avail to my right to address a concern towards a product I buy if somebody else wants the product to become something I don't want. Saying otherwise would mean that... some customers are more equal than others?
oh dear. Is there an argument forming in the bread line?

SushaBrancaleone's Avatar


SushaBrancaleone
02.13.2019 , 04:01 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
You jumped down anyone that has a different opinion yet you can attack a roleplayer by stating what you did. That does disservice to a lot of roleplayers. Just because you don't roleplay doesn't mean there are not those of us that like to roleplay and I find it very insulting you made that comment about roleplaying like you did.
We all roleplay, just cos someone decides to 'claim the suffix' doesn't give them a right to have the same things everyone else has to work for differently. The poster wanted the patch to adress his issue (above others)
It is disrespectul to claim to be a minority to claim benefits.
As I've mentioned, I play with several players with disabilities of different kinds and they request no special treatment....
nor would they dare escalate with exploits their issue to a thread where its not even the issue at hand (as the issue at hand appears to be
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Thanks for the very quick fix.

If we could bring your attention to another thread, some of us are puzzled by the new Ossus decorations costing rare materials from high-level group play, when we all have tons of Ossus currency going to waste. I am wondering if this was intended and/or fully thought through, and if some change might be made to it. Thanks again.

Jdast's Avatar


Jdast
02.13.2019 , 04:02 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by SushaBrancaleone View Post

this thread should have ended with Lhancelot (wise) comment, anything else just proves there is an attempt by a minority of players to 'exploit' their issues up the ladder...
I don't call highlighting a major bug introduced in 5.10 that cripples advanced solo play "exploiting". I have actually (sorry, Lhance, not sure if you're being tongue in cheek) discussed my pet peeve in the bug forum.

Regardless, I don't call others highlighting their respective issues "exploiting" either.

You can cast yourself in the role of net nanny all you like. If and when you work for Bioware, I'll care about your views on how this thread should be moderated and react accordingly.

Dasty

P.S. Did I mention that I hate the Companion 30m / LoS bug crippling advanced solo play?