Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sincerely, All Tanks

Shwarzchild
02.26.2019 , 07:47 AM | #21
Dear Dps,

Feel free to pull! You're only making my job of gathering threat that much easier. I'll take all your threat, and then add it to my collection.
Warstalker Gatecrasher Dread Master Isaac Bell The Revanchist From Beyond

<Lightning Masters>

Syroe
02.26.2019 , 09:12 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Shwarzchild View Post
Dear Dps,

Feel free to pull! You're only making my job of gathering threat that much easier. I'll take all your threat, and then add it to my collection.
This guy gets it.

Zerileth
03.01.2019 , 09:00 AM | #23
What's a tank? Oh those almost extinct endangered species? Yes those.

Well, I used to be the player in vet mode that ran ahead, get it done, plow through it. But with the low pop on gf for vet and almost nonexistent pop on MM gf I've grown to appreciate that role. Even in vet mode now, I treat them like royalty. I no longer argue unless they are really going after needless trash without a reason (i.e. bonus boss).

Example, I did a vet mode recently with a 20 something tank, and he just kept melting and dying. I never said a word. When he died, I rez'd him or took over the tank job. In the end all was fine.

Tanks were in short supply. The tank nerf was the nail in the coffin. Start treating tanks good guys. Too few not to.
. <--------just this little red dot

raidmac
03.01.2019 , 02:06 PM | #24
A good tank is always ready for dps pulls
<Textbook Execution>

Conqueror of the Dread Fortress and Deposer of the Dread Masters

alexzk
03.07.2019 , 11:39 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by raidmac View Post
A good tank is always ready for dps pulls
Only after about 40 lvl (saying that when 50 was max, currently maybe even more).

Don't care. When I want to do FP I run solo MM as tank :P Nice refined's farm as well.
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.

tomatosquish
04.11.2019 , 08:19 AM | #26
I don't care if the DPS pulls most of the time. Annoying but who cares so long as 3 things don't happen.

#1 That the rest of the group was given time to heal up (specially if we are running without healer).

#2 That you actually kill what you kill before it kills you. If you go flying off ahead of the group and attack another mob and die then the rest of us who were waiting on DCD's or only have off heals and are already banged up have to deal with your mess.

#3 That you don't piss and moan when you die because everyone else wasn't doing their part... You chose to go ahead, your suicide isn't on us.

JediQuaker
04.15.2019 , 11:55 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kokurou View Post
Dear Everyonewhothinksbecauseit'sveteranyoucandowhateve ryouwant,
Before my rant....

Disclaimer #1 - I actually prefer the classic 2DPS+1healer+1tank group. But veteran FPs are indeed setup not to need it.

Disclaimer #2 - Or more of a thank you. The other day I was in a vet FP with an actual good tank. The tank was excellent at grabbing and holding mobs so that I could properly use my AOEs to kill things.
Again, I wish to say thank you and job well done. You made the FP go very smoothly (for me , at least).

But.... on to the rant....

I do, on average, one veteran FP per day (sometimes 2 or 3). Not surprisingly, the majority of the time it's just 4 DPS or some less than ideal setup like 2 healers and 2 DPS, etc. So I, and I assume many like me, are very used to, and capable of, doing these flashpoints without any tank or healer.
(Just yesterday, I and another DPS finished "A Traitor Among the Chiss" with just us and 2 companions, after about 6 other players joined and then dropped out.)

I'm there to enjoy myself. I'm not there to help the tank (or healer , or anyone) to LEARN (not that I'm against it). Also, I do not need a tank to keep me from taking damage - I have 248/252 gear and lots of ways to mitigate and/or heal damage - plus I'm used to looking after myself in those 4 DPS groups.

I'm not an Elitist, but yes, in a veteran FP, anyone truly can go first - especially when the tank (if any) seems to be reluctant to do so. (I can only be patient for so long. )

I understand that you, individually, may be a good tank, but frankly, much of the time in veteran FPs, the tank just becomes a player with poor DPS.
Veteran FPs are designed to be done with any combo of roles, and in the majority of cases that works just fine. If you are going to do veteran FPs through GF, you need to take it down a bit and realize that, although nice to have (sometimes), you are not "needed".

If you truly do want to learn and practice your tanking, you should do the FPs with a group of friends and/or Guildmates, not with a PUG. If you have to do GF, then you need to relax and just practice/learn what you can. Stop thinking that the group revolves around you or your need to learn.