Idea for Lightning Sorc

GeorgeCGriffin

Just like the title says... The idea is to make Crushing Darkness an instant cast with the Force Flash proc from Lightning Flash much like the Demolish procc in Madness. This is a simple change but would help kiting and survivability somewhat better to an extent. I have been playing Sorc since launch and prefer to play Lightning. I am no pro but I do pvp a lot. I know you guys have heard this several times but, Sorcs lack the burst that other ranged classes have (Arsenal Mercs) and are suppose to be glass cannons, but you can only kite for so long when you are getting insta crit on by other classes for 40k (on average 30k). Im ok with Lightning being squishy but, they do need more burst and damage. And yes Im aware sorcs can heal crazy amounts but my argument to that is, so can Arsenal mercs with their 4 defensives ( yes Im including the chaff flare 2x absorb). This isnt a stab at Arsenal mercs I'm just using them as an example cause almost every other class have at least 2 or 3 lives which is fine but ranged classes should not out damage melee when they have this many defensives. If you would consider the Crushing Darkness change that would be most appreciated.

A lightning sorc has about 50% DR constantly and a good one who kites can take 450 to 500k dmg in a solo ranked match. they arent squishy, as for their dps its to offset their crazy DR

bubble debuff grants 10% DR, 3 lightning bolts grants 3% per up to 9% and that is already 25+10+9, 44%, then stun DR and aoe can grant more surviabilty as well as legendary utlity, 15% from Unatural P and cloud mind is another 25% a must utitily for masterfull for all sorcs.

Edited by Seterade

A lightning sorc has about 50% DR constantly and a good one who kites can take 450 to 500k dmg in a solo ranked match. they arent squishy, as for their dps its to offset their crazy DR

bubble debuff grants 10% DR, 3 lightning bolts grants 3% per up to 9% and that is already 25+10+9, 44%, then stun DR and aoe can grant more surviabilty as well as legendary utlity, 15% from Unatural P and cloud mind is another 25% a must utitily for masterfull for all sorcs.

I'd be happy if they scrapped half or more of this DR crap and gave the ling more burst. I find this spec utterly boring no matter how good it kites and and can survive. it just lacks punch, which makes no sense to me.

I'd wager the only reason this spec works the way it does is purely accidental too, poor understanding of how all the DR works with it's abilities, the devs just plugged stuff in and just settled on this abomination of a DPS class.

I'd be happy if they scrapped half or more of this DR crap and gave the ling more burst. I find this spec utterly boring no matter how good it kites and and can survive. it just lacks punch, which makes no sense to me.

Agreed.

As a long term player of lightning Sorc, I agree they have some pretty good DR, but that is offset by lack lustre burst and damage out put while kiting. It makes the class boring because it’s difficult to kill any of the numerous other classes that also have great DR and DCD, but also have great burst to go along with their great DR.

As the OP and Set have highlighted, if a bit differently, Sorcs need to kite a lot, which actually interferes nearly as much with the Sorcs ability to cast as it does the person attacking them. This greatly reduces the dots you can get off from crushing darkness and you have to rely a lot more on your instant cast procs, which don’t burst with enough damage.

Personally, I would like to see crushing darkness made an instant proc or remove it entirely for some extra burst from other abilities. I’d gladly forgo some DR or DCD for the opportunity to kill something instead of spending all my time being a rabbit and kiting like the road runner on steroids.

The only time a Sorc can get crushing darkness off enough to do serious damage is when they aren’t focused and left alone to get it reset as soon as it’s off CD. That’s why they can do good damage in regs because people get sick of chasing them and eventually leave them alone or don’t focus them in the first place.

But I can get on just about any of my other classes and get focused like there’s no tomorrow and pump out great damage and stay alive nearly as long as my Sorc when she’s focused. But the same can’t be said the other way. Yes I’m a b***h to kill and kite like hell, but where’s the continued fun in that if you can’t kill the bastard chasing you.

As a long term player of lightning Sorc, I agree they have some pretty good DR, but that is offset by lack lustre burst and damage out put while kiting. It makes the class boring because it’s difficult to kill any of the numerous other classes that also have great DR and DCD, but also have great burst to go along with their great DR

I had a pal that loved running ling sorc, he was good too. Shout out to Vankraken! Anyway, he almost always put up top DPS in the matches, and enemies tended to try to mow him down because of this. He definitely was regarded as a threat in the matches, and had a big target on him!

That being said, he would flip to madness occasionally and the basic gist of what he said was madness had better killing power, but it was too boring and simple for him to enjoy. Ling offered a lot more activity and he enjoyed it for the gameplay, but he hated how it's burst and killing power was neutered compared to other classes.

That's what I find with ling when playing it, I just find it boring because I like to see health bars melt and I like to see my work rewarded, lol. With ling, you do a lot of work for big fluff numbers but hardly any actual kills. At least that's how it always worked out for me, and I seen people far better at the class than me having pretty much the same results.

DR adds multiplicatively and not additively, but Lightning indeed has way too much DR that they don't "need help" for their kiting and survivability. Your damage may "get shut down" if you're focused, but going Lightning first can still punish your team, and the Lightning sorc just needs to put Polarity Shift on whitebar to get some of the damage / burst out.