Ancient Hypergate winning conditions...

Glower

With similar amount of rounds, why sometimes it does not end (as game waiting for the explosion) even with a 100:1000 score and sometimes it ends prematurely (before the explosion) with somewhat tolerable difference, lets say 550:650?

From what I remember if you get to 600 by orbs it ends prematurely.

Otherwise the game just keeps going until it hits 600+ points. Precounted points before it explodes each round aren't counted until after it explodes.

Kills count for precount points, orbs count for immediate points.

Orbs are “hard” points (for lack of a better word). Where as kills are soft points and only count once the explosions happens because if your node is captured before that and you don’t get it back, all those kill points vanish and are worthless.

So people who only rely on kills to win can often lose because the other team gets 600 orb points before the end of the match, even if they have more kill points in the last round, they won’t count if the other team gets the orbs to 600.

There is a strategy and tactics to playing hypergates, but no one seems to understand it these days because all they care about is killing sh*t.

If you want to become a better pvper, have a read of the guide in my signature (not made by me). It lays out most of the strategies for playing objective 8 man pvp as well as a bunch of other stuff that any pvper should know or learn about for all types of pvp (ie mechanics)

It’s still the best pvp guide for this game I’ve ever read and you can’t go wrong following it. I just wish more people would read it so they understand there is more to pvp than just the end game dps board.

It actually takes more skill to play properly and top the dps board than running around with your head cut off (which any noob can do),

Edited by TrixxieTriss