Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Star Wars Movies 2022 and beyond....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
New Star Wars Movies 2022 and beyond....

cunctatorg
02.23.2020 , 05:52 PM | #31
Just imagine that the, so to speak, writers of Episode IX didn't consider the fact that Rey's parents should have been delivered fully alive to Darth Sidious at any cost; he should be fully capable to "pull out" the truth from their minds about his grand-daughter's whereabouts!! Therefore Rey's parents had to commit suicide before being delivered, thus before being stunned by that Jedi Hunter...

That said, it's a pity that Disney isn't able to see in Star Wars nothing more than a few billion dollars; that's the very roof of their vision, not even one tenth of George Lucas' vision...

So much for being a biggest U.S. corporation that owns such a cultural super-weapon, a quintessential stone of artistic (and even ideological) radiation as Star Wars -and only Star Wars- rightfully is...

Nope; they are just after a few billion dollars, delivering third (or fifth?) rate monuments of naivety and vanity...

Incompetent, unworthy people or what?

Rekar
02.26.2020 , 07:07 PM | #32
The new stuff looks like garbage full of SJW Sh*t.

DavidAtkinson
02.27.2020 , 09:25 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by cunctatorg View Post
Just imagine that the, so to speak, writers of Episode IX didn't consider the fact that Rey's parents should have been delivered fully alive to Darth Sidious at any cost; he should be fully capable to "pull out" the truth from their minds about his grand-daughter's whereabouts!! Therefore Rey's parents had to commit suicide before being delivered, thus before being stunned by that Jedi Hunter...

That said, it's a pity that Disney isn't able to see in Star Wars nothing more than a few billion dollars; that's the very roof of their vision, not even one tenth of George Lucas' vision...

So much for being a biggest U.S. corporation that owns such a cultural super-weapon, a quintessential stone of artistic (and even ideological) radiation as Star Wars -and only Star Wars- rightfully is...

Nope; they are just after a few billion dollars, delivering third (or fifth?) rate monuments of naivety and vanity...

Incompetent, unworthy people or what?
Well said.. For them it's only money. They just milk Luca's legacy and work....

Also, these new High Republic whatever movies will be nothing more than Disney doing their own version of Star Wars lore that is going to anger even more fans. Of course I will go watch them... but I expect nothing special really.
Click the link below if you want to try out the game for 7 days as a sub or want extra game time added for free, enjoy:

http://www.swtor.com/r/3Qgyzv

cunctatorg
03.01.2020 , 01:20 PM | #34
Why altitude is relevant to some future regime and, particularly, to any Republic Regime?!?
Furthermore why altitude is important for space-travelers, dealing with (the, also, highly and horribly abused...) hyper-space jumps?!?
Star Wars isn't about the Mount Fuji, the Alps and the Himalayas...
Therefore Star Wars has nothing to do with any ... High Republic; on the contrary the Hutt Cartel could consider that name as one much proper -and politically correct, with respect to some diplomatic etiquette, that is- title for their organization; they are also spice dealers, they are interested to convince much people to make themselves... "high"; from their perspective -and the one of their hopeful customers- is great to be "high"!!
Hence Space (or Galactic etc.) Republic and "High (not Spice Republic of course!!) Republic", aka Hutt Cartel...

It's sad that this kind of funny and "amusing" arguments became a crucial part of any Star Wars discussion nowadays; so much for living in ... modern times...

I ain't a U.S. citizen and I don't care to become one; however I gladly buy -as all the world does- CPUs, GPUs and similar stuff which is designed, developed etc. by U.S. scientists and I am extremely satisfied about all that...
Hence I wonder: if the leading U.S. Hi-Tech Corporations are capable to pinpoint, train and organize the designers, developers and creators of these technological "miracles" with which a great percentage of the humanity is familiar to the extent that considers them trivial and all, is it too much to expect from other U.S. Corporations, namely the leading Entertainment (and Culture?!? Or Entertainment and Culture/Ideology should be considered fundamentally separate ... in any case?!?...) U.S. Corporations to create and deliver some artistic works that are worth the name of a masterpiece?!? Because some of them, namely some Company named Lucas Arts did it already, it did it since 1977...

P.S. The "problem" with Star Wars is that the Jedi, the Sith (and other, more or less, powerful "Force Users") aren't supposed to be as powerful -and perhaps omnipotent- as Superman or Thanos, they aren't exactly the incarnation of our delusions of grandeur ... though they are able to make contact with that delusion!! These Force Users are just charismatic and highly gifted members of a Society similar to Humanity, the so-called Star Wars Galaxy, "a Galaxy far-far away"!!
Dealing with Superman, Thanos and the Stones of Infinity is something quite different, they are supposed to be so much powerful that there is -comparatively- little space and margin for Culture, ... Philosophy of History and Ideology, namely reflections about the essence of human beings and their History; all that remains is Entertainment, Action, Awe (?!...) and Grandiose Impressions... Namely more or less billion dollars, not much more than that.
Dealing with the X-Men is something different; however the more gifted among them can be perceived to be so much powerful that the X-Men Saga naturally becomes an artistic (cultural that is...) case-study of the theme of Humanism, Racism, meaning of Justice and -ultimate- Terrorism... Of course the connection between Humanism and Terrorism is a very serious issue, a very important part of History but it's, also, a small and, more or less, confined, "limited" part. However its cultural dynamics can not be underestimated; speaking about a relevant issue, unfortunately (very...) Joker tends to become (from every artistic perspective ... at least...) much more popular (and ... interesting...) than Batman himself!...
The case of the Star Wars Galaxy and its Force Users is obviously something quite, essentially different; it's about the (charismatic of course, Jar-Jar Binks -though important and, somehow, remarkable, worth a study with respect to History- isn't able to become the leading figure of a Saga) human being into History. If so, Star Wars could not be mainly about Entertainment; Entertainment, fun (and all that) is something quite important, really important with respect to the childish self of every person but this is not (of course) everything that matters!!... And Star Wars is extremely demanding from any conceivable aspect; as an example -as just one example!- the concept and the creation of a really convincing, immersive and fascinating light-saber duel is an issue of small "cultural" (ideological) importance but it's also an issue of great artistic importance; nevertheless the achievement of such an "awe inspiring" and memorable "sequence" is an extremely hard, utterly painful and time-consuming task to achieve... and it somehow defines the status of, say, an antagonist, therefore its cultural importance isn't really minimal... That said, Star Wars is way above and beyond (than) a few memorable light-saber duels of great artistic value!...
If Disney Corporation, the owner of Lucas Arts, chooses to essentially be the more successful Entertaining Company of our era and not, never, something essentially more than that, then it should consider to find a buyer (if any) for its Lucas Arts branch... Its profits (compare with that, indispensable, carrion named Star Trek) will be comparatively minimal, its failure and negative image will become a reality and it will -unavoidably- become more and more magnified...
Star Wars is neither an indispensable carrion nor just a fairy tale, an ornery or a joke of a fiction; Star Wars is a very serious business.

jarjarloves
03.18.2020 , 03:16 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Well said.. For them it's only money. They just milk Luca's legacy and work....

Also, these new High Republic whatever movies will be nothing more than Disney doing their own version of Star Wars lore that is going to anger even more fans. Of course I will go watch them... but I expect nothing special really.
umm are you suggesting Lucas didn't see it as a cash cow to milk? I mean Disney hasn't even done any where near the merchendising as Lucas did.

Did you like the Mandalorian?

"General Forums you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must use caution"

cunctatorg
03.22.2020 , 02:15 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
Umm..., are you suggesting Lucas didn't see it as a cash cow to milk? I mean Disney hasn't even done anywhere near the merchandising as Lucas did.
Of course George Lucas was after the profits and the success also, he didn't create Star Wars in order to end his life in poverty and misery in spite of the greatest success of his work...

However there are a few important and clear ( = pretty obvious) differences between George Lucas' handling of that project and Disney's one...
The first handling intended to gain the respect, admiration and love of the fan-base (after the creation of this fan-base during the 1977-1985 period) and George Lucas achieved that important -and objective...- goal. On the contrary Disney's handling was capable to achieve almost the ... opposite goal...
There is another objective -and very important- difference between Disney's and George Lucas' approach; SW;Ep.I had grossed 1.027 billion dollars at 1999, SW;Ep.II had grossed only 653 million dollars (though it is my favorite movie of that great and greatest Trilogy) and SW:Ep.III had grossed 868 million dollars back in 2005. On the contrary SW:Ep.VII grossed 2.068 billion dollars at 2015, SW;Ep.VIII grossed 1.333 billion dollars at 2017 and SW:Ep.IX grossed only 1.074 billion dollars a few months ago...

I didn't examine the cultural and artistic value of any of these movies, this is something -more or less- not quite objective... Imho the best SW movie ever is Ep.V:TESB, then it's the aforementioned Ep.II, then Ep.I:TPM and then (the somehow rushed, due to fatigue perhaps) Ep.III:TRoS...

jarjarloves
03.24.2020 , 12:39 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by cunctatorg View Post
Of course George Lucas was after the profits and the success also, he didn't create Star Wars in order to end his life in poverty and misery in spite of the greatest success of his work...

However there are a few important and clear ( = pretty obvious) differences between George Lucas' handling of that project and Disney's one...
The first handling intended to gain the respect, admiration and love of the fan-base (after the creation of this fan-base during the 1977-1985 period) and George Lucas achieved that important -and objective...- goal. On the contrary Disney's handling was capable to achieve almost the ... opposite goal...

The first thing he did yes HE did after ANH was the Holiday Special. During production of ANH he had a sequel written which would be made if it wasn't a hit. (Splinter in the Minds Eye). In the OT he went on to make 2 cartoon Series, Ewoks and Droids as well as 2 made for TV live action movies. He also kept control of the toys and all profits from them.

He marketed the OT way more then Disney has even attepempted with the ST. His intention was clear. Stop fooling yourself.

"General Forums you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must use caution"

cunctatorg
03.25.2020 , 06:45 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post

He marketed the OT way more than Disney has even attempted with the ST. His intention was clear. Stop fooling yourself.
In ...... short; George Lucas' business regarding SW puppets, toys, cartoons and such didn't affect -at all- the quality of the Star Wars movies of his, therefore I don't really mind about those business of his...

That said, by "poverty and misery" I meant a certain lack of financial resources.
Neither George Lucas nor Steven Spielberg experienced such a negative situation; however Francis Ford Coppola did and this is worst than unfortunate. Those three directors have created world-class artistic achievements but "The Godfather" movies (of the seventies) is the greatest of all these. I like to think that Francis Ford Coppola should be very pleased due to the artistic achievements of his daughter but this isn't enough...

I have no problem at all with billionaires who have created a great work and made "big money" because of that...
My only problem is -as an example- with drug dealers, cocaine producers and oil producers who became billionaires and, thus, they are influential; I have no problem with Microsoft, Apple, Intel, AMD, Samsung, LG, Mercedes Benz, BMW, VW etc, on the contrary I desire that they have enough profits in order to invest, stay in competition and keep doing the good work...

P.S.: the scenario of SW:Ep.III;TRoS (2005) was not only profound but really striking; the truth is that all the movies of the 1999-2005 Trilogy had strong and fascinating scenarios but the last movie of that Trilogy had the greatest! However George Lucas focused too much at the most profound -and important- points of his scenario - at the expense of the overall artistic achievement; I guess he was in a hurry and he was also tired ("he had enough") but -imho- this isn't quite an excuse for the pinnacle of a Tragedy of that caliber!!
General Grievous' whole concept had something from cartoons, the representation of Space Battles like naval battles of the 17th and 18th century was not to my taste at least, the duel between Obi Wan Kenobi and Grievous and the whole concept of the campaign in that world, the final duel in Mustafar etc., the intrusion of Master Yoda and Obi Wan Kenobi at the Jedi Temple and more were inferior with respect to other points of that great and extremely profound -but unbalanced- movie... I have to add that this movie meant to be extremely dark -like the most sad ancient Greek Tragedies- and George Lucas achieved perfectly this very goal of his; Shakespeare's Hamlet -as an example- is equally dark- but Shakespeare's choice about the overall artistic achievement was different from George Lucas' one...
Unfortunately Disney decided to follow that flawed recipe to the limit and, way, beyond...