Why isn't there an Operations, guild ranking board?

Elfa

From reading the PTS forum right now where Progression Guilds are up in arms about the new NiM ops being on the PTS, it seems like ranking is important and these guilds like the guild VS guild challenge.

So why isn't there a ranking board that lists where your guild is in ST/HM/NiM Operations? If your guild is the first to clear say, NiM S&V, its ranked first and such.

you could add all kinds of tracking like who cleared the op fastest, who killed which boss the quickest and so on.

Edited by Elfa

Well, if its not in the game, i think that the reasons "why" something is not in the game is because they havent seen the suggestion, havent got the programmer hours to implement the suggestion, maybe the idea hasnt gotten through their own QA process for new features.

I do know that there is a technical limitation on how details of such a nature are tallied, mainly because its each of the character that records an ACH, there would need to be a database of ACh that the guild had obtained as well, not sure if there are guild wide achs.

As for another limitation would be a system that constantly compares guild achs in order to determine what goes on this board.

There is also a social concern that this would lead folks to believe that the game supported and favored one guild over another, because despite what we tell folks, and this is a HUGE and ongoing concerin in almost ALL of the gaming community, THERE ARE PEOPLE who would believe that such a system could be rigged or bought out and there would be a bigger backlash from those who opposed it.

In essence, right now, it is easier for them to deal with folks asking where the board was, then it is for them to deal with the implications of implementing such a feature.

During open beta and early release, the devs stated pretty clear, that "progress raiding" can be done, but is of absolutely no concern to the devs or the masses of players.

So if progress raiders want to do their thing, they can do so, but the game itself will not help with it in any way.

And since a very small selection of guilds can test the content ahead of time, any "world first" is absolutely void in my opinion anyway.

add rank and it'll be the same stupid thing wow is...

forced to raid because you want to be "realm first or whatever" and there will be a lot of stupid "fans"...

see how stupid the competition is in wow, at least once in a lifetime there should be a game where the main purpose is to have fun, not be a stupid realm first and then treat "less skilled" players as trash :(

at least, without rank, we avoid the worst kind of people from appearing.

add rank and it'll be the same stupid thing wow is...

forced to raid because you want to be "realm first or whatever" and there will be a lot of stupid "fans"...

see how stupid the competition is in wow, at least once in a lifetime there should be a game where the main purpose is to have fun, not be a stupid realm first and then treat "less skilled" players as trash :(

at least, without rank, we avoid the worst kind of people from appearing.

Take any pro sport, or even amateur for that matter... Tell the players it's just a game and that being first or winning and competition is not important... See how well that works out.

I can see it now... Next Olympic games everyone gets a participation medal... Yeah, that sounds like a good time.

Edited by LeonBraun

Take any pro sport, or even amateur for that matter... Tell the players it's just a game and that being first or winning and competition is not important... See how well that works out.

I can see it now... Next Olympic games everyone gets a participation medal... Yeah, that sounds like a good time.

and yet, sports are a waste of investment... u just throw your money away if you invest in soccer, baseball, or even in competition for online games, like WoW or LoL

instead of using for something that is really worthy... they waste with it...

but about what i said...

it's okay to want competition, but add a rank, and people will act like they will die if they don't get realm first or if they aen't the best, it's like their lives are linked with the rank...

All of the serious guilds on any given server track their own progress in a neutral thread on their respective server forum. Here is Harbinger's for example: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=620607

As such, an in-game tracker is very low on the list, because all of the serious guilds already track each other's progress anyway. And no one is tougher than they are on themselves. And such delicious drama, too! :p

Lol. "progression guilds." I don't want to generalize, but I do find it amusing how inconsistent many "progression" players are with their complaints. When it comes to things like double xp weekends, they scream bloody murder and take to the forums to rant about how everyone else is a bunch of carebears. But when content is put on the PTS--as it should be: that's the point of the PTS--they complain about how they're "being forced to play the PTS to stay competitive." Whatever happened to "if you don't want to put in the work, you should just quit this game right now?" Then they also refuse to actually help submit bug reports and the like (saying some silly stuff about how they're "not going to do Bioware's job for them"), but are the first to complain if there's a bug in the game.

On that note, PvE = player versus environment. If you want to compete against other players, that's what PvP is for. I take issue with PvE-ers who take to the forums to complain about things like "such-and-such class is OP" or that something "is putting me at a disadvantage!" You can't be at a "disadvantage" relative to other players because, by definition, you're not competing against them! You're competing against the environment!

Edited by schmel

All of the serious guilds on any given server track their own progress in a neutral thread on their respective server forum. Here is Harbinger's for example: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=620607

As such, an in-game tracker is very low on the list, because all of the serious guilds already track each other's progress anyway. And no one is tougher than they are on themselves. And such delicious drama, too! :p

What, pray tell, makes a guild "serious?" Do they not laugh at jokes or something? :p

What, pray tell, makes a guild "serious?" Do they not laugh at jokes or something? :p

With the smiley in the end, you just disqualified yourself for any serious raiding, sorry mate.

I am rather happy in my totally unserious guild even though I at times have to call for silence on 16-man OPs :)