Please help to choose server

KventinRusComm

Hello there. I usually play the game around 1PM(CEST)/9PM(AEST)/4AM(PDT)/7AM(EDT) till 6PM(CEST)/2AM(AEST)/9AM(PDT)/12:00(EDT).

Which region is more active around that time? Europe or America? I'm asking because I'm sitting kinda between them in Russia/Irkutsk +8GMT

Lots of russian (or at least cyrillic writing) players on Darth Malgus, but 1-6pm is a bit early. The old guard APAC players ended up on Satele Shan after a couple of server merges, and may be more active at your time.

Ping times to the EU servers should be better, though.

Edited by Mubrak

Lots of russian (or at least cyrillic writing) players on Darth Malgus, but 1-6pm is a bit early. The old guard APAC players ended up on Satele Shan after a couple of server merges, and may be more active at your time.

Ping times to the EU servers should be better, though.

EU server ping is only 50ms better (150 vs 200). If I would look for a guild, I will definitely go for Australian or Japanese guild since them are more suitable for my TZ.But here I'm asking more for 'group finder activities'.

The only real way to find out may be to start a character on both servers. You can then determine which one works best for you. You could either start identical characters on each server and just stop playing one of them. Or you could start two different characters and just transfer one to the eventual preferred server. Or just play both. :)

(BTW - I only play on Star Forge, so I have no idea what times are busy on other servers.)

Edited by JediQuaker
BTW

I agree that the best way to find out is simply to start characters on every server you are considering and get them to the fleet where chat is most active. Then keep an eye on chat and ask questions. Getting a character to level 10 is not exactly long or burdensome.

My experience has been that on Darth Malgus the lag (as shown by mousing over the in-game lag icon) on Darth Malgus has always been around 150 every time I checked on multiple characters. The lag on Satele Shan and Star Forge is always around 15. This is a major difference and the lag on Darth Malgus was very noticeable - which is why I checked in the first place. I live in the U.S. East Coast. Your results may be the opposite or entirely different - all I am saying is that it is worth checking before picking a server.