Why does bolster effect toons with 2018 expertise?

DarthBloodloss

My toon is wearing full conqueror except for the helm and chest which are still partisan. Every single other piece is conqueror with 28 purple augs.

My bonus damage gets bolstered for over 100 points when I enter a WZ. Whats the reason for this? The only logical explanation is that its bolstering my 2 partisan pieces....but if that were true, why does it bolster +100damage and nothing else at all?

**Gives squinting eyed look at BW** Care to explain?

My toon is wearing full conqueror except for the helm and chest which are still partisan. Every single other piece is conqueror with 28 purple augs.

My bonus damage gets bolstered for over 100 points when I enter a WZ. Whats the reason for this? The only logical explanation is that its bolstering my 2 partisan pieces....but if that were true, why does it bolster +100damage and nothing else at all?

**Gives squinting eyed look at BW** Care to explain?

Bolster raises PVP gear to level 72 stats.

If they didnt, level 72 PVE **** would be BIS for PVP warzones, because bolster adds expertise to PVE items.

It only makes sense using Bioware logic.

Basically, one of the "good" things about bolster is that your weapon rating is raised to whatever the current tech/force power maximum is for PVE. This of course means that conqueror weapons are essentially useless in warzones (but not in OWPVP). If you look at your weapon power in warzones, it's the same as the highest PVE tier (2030ish?)

Due to Bolster, the effect of Conqueror weapon is pretty much the same as a Conqueror upgrade in any other slot, which is not insignificant but since Conqueror weapon costs way more, it's not a good deal unless you've nothing to do with your ranked comms.