Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Cinematic Trailer

Rekar
06.19.2019 , 05:29 PM | #1
Are we gonna get a new cinematic trailer for the new expansion?

Delani
06.19.2019 , 06:16 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Rekar View Post
No, and its expensive to make one. Also I dont think 6.0 is a large enough update to make one.

Trollokdamus
06.19.2019 , 06:45 PM | #3
I don't think they were given the funds this time around, otherwise the cinematic would have been presented during the expansion reveal to help build up hype.

devilkat
06.19.2019 , 08:32 PM | #4
I vote no. Some nice screenshots as teasers is fine. Don't waste money on anything that's not content. I'm getting wholeheartedly sick of the gear grind they've set up....
"My last partner didn't complain nearly this much"
"Your last partner got CRUSHED to death"
"AND NEVER ONCE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT"

Rekar
06.21.2019 , 07:00 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
I don't think they were given the funds this time around, otherwise the cinematic would have been presented during the expansion reveal to help build up hype.
Well that sucks. I mean the garbage KOTET and KOTFE got one, and I assumed this would get one as well.

AJediKnight
06.21.2019 , 07:13 PM | #6
Well that sucks. I mean the garbage KOTET and KOTFE got one, and I assumed this would get one as well.
Yes, and KOTET/KOTFE turned out like garbage compared to the unadulterated excellence of their trailers.

Spoiler

I guess I'd prefer them to sell the game based on content
[][]☲☲☲[]ị::ị(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

MikeCobalt
06.21.2019 , 07:27 PM | #7
KotFE and KotET were intended as SWTOR's "Hail Mary Pass". BioWare got a tremendous amount of funds on that compared to what they had before and nowadays. All the Cinematic's, the big Fan Fair at the start and the amount of restructuring within the games code itself. Unfortunately I believe its unlikely we'll see that level again of E.A. interest in SWTOR again soon. They "Bet the Farm" and most didn't like it. To get that amount of support again I think would be a more "In the spirit of SWTOR" venture.

Suzsi
06.21.2019 , 07:29 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Delani View Post
No, and its expensive to make one. Also I dont think 6.0 is a large enough update to make one.
It had better be given all the build up they have given it.

If not plenty of people will be out. 6.0 is supposed to at least be expansion sized. It had better at least have as as much story as KOTET but given the time its taken really should at least be KoTFE sized. Ossus was a joke with it's 5 minutes of story. Even the traitor arc didn't have a lot of story it was just stretched out over a long time. They've been working on this thing forever.

-

~~ Always looking for more Theron Shan and Aric romance. ~~

OlBuzzard
06.21.2019 , 08:40 PM | #9
Right now if we get some new material, a refreshed and rejuvenated PvP zone, a halfway decent story, a few dozen bugs squashed and reactivated companions that are ... well companions again (not just a block of wood) ...

We had better count our blessings!

Yeah .. I know ! But I think I'll wait until the release date first... then we'll see what shakes out !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

IoNonSoEVero
06.21.2019 , 09:28 PM | #10
I also vote no on a big cinematic trailer. Put those funds toward game content and more bug fixes.