Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game is fubar for over 7+ hours now and no Bioware?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game is fubar for over 7+ hours now and no Bioware?

TrixxieTriss
06.18.2019 , 04:44 AM | #1
Not sure what else to say.... my disappoint is pretty high after such a ****** week of lag, to then not be able to login to the characters I need to because they are all in the SH is a massive let down to an already terrible week.

Bioware, I think I can say from a lot of people in my situation that this whole week has made us question if you can even roll out 6.0 without breaking the whole game for good.

The poor response to the lag problems and bugs and now where a huge amount of people can’t actually play is so bad.
I don’t know wether to be angry or sad. I do know I feel dejected by the experience this week. So I’m going to take a break from playing till you can fix the game.

Drenovade
06.18.2019 , 05:02 AM | #2
I'm sure the SWTOR team is doing everything they can with what they have, but I assume the issues with the game are a combination of poor tech decisions when the game was first developed and that EA is basically only putting enough resources into SWTOR to keep the office lights on.

I don't know what the best solution would be. I just hope EA starts putting more towards SWTOR so they can deal with these issues properly and keep the game running smoothly. They might have to borrow resources from other projects to do that, but I think it needs to be done if they want SWTOR's sub revenue to keep coming in.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/QKzQQL
New players get rewards, Returning players get rewards.
See full details here: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

michaelcshow
06.18.2019 , 05:06 AM | #3
Part of player frustration - besides the game constantly breaking in new and imaginative ways - is the lack of communication during non-US business hours.

A simple 'the team is aware and are actively working on it' acknowledgement would help mitigate that.

It's a communication issue that should probably be addressed.

battycoda
06.18.2019 , 05:17 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Drenovade View Post
I'm sure the SWTOR team is doing everything they can with what they have, but I assume the issues with the game are a combination of poor tech decisions when the game was first developed and that EA is basically only putting enough resources into SWTOR to keep the office lights on.

I don't know what the best solution would be. I just hope EA starts putting more towards SWTOR so they can deal with these issues properly and keep the game running smoothly. They might have to borrow resources from other projects to do that, but I think it needs to be done if they want SWTOR's sub revenue to keep coming in.
Sadly., they borrowed from here for Anthem. Frankly, they should have left them here and put the Anthem people here also and revived this. The interest is there because it's Star Wars and BioWare/EA have the franchise license it seems. If you want a Star Wars game, it's pretty much coming from an EA division. Origin is crammed with them. Poor decisions have hurt SWTOR, not the game itself. How many other fully cinematic voice acted MMOs are there? They have had a gold mine since Day 0 and squandered it since Day 0. They wanted to go the nickel and dime route while also basically requiring a subscription to get around the gimped game play. Look how that decision has turned out.

My signature was current on Makeb... Airlocked!

Dekibra
06.18.2019 , 05:19 AM | #5
so now it is early in the morning in Texas (already early afternoon here in Europe)... so we'll probably have to wait for at least another 2 hours before there'll be any response

Innateagle
06.18.2019 , 05:20 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Drenovade View Post

I mean, i don't know much about SWTOR, but i recently found out Bioware screwed themselves over in 3 out of 3 of their latest games. EA offered them an extra year for Andromeda and they refused, they gave them 5 years or something for Anthem and they got NOTHING done until EA stepped in on the last year and aksed for results, Dragon Age 4's whole project got a reboot in 2018 after 1 or 2 years of work

The level of mismanagement from BW's suits is Obsidian level

Ippotamus
06.18.2019 , 05:26 AM | #7
The problem happened while everyone was sleeping in Texas.
I'm sure they'll be on it when they get to the office.

Visorknight
06.18.2019 , 05:32 AM | #8
Double exp is now over. can we get an extension on double exp since we couldn't log in to play over the last 8 hours. A system alert showing that they are working on restoring stronghold will be better than nothing.

jimmorrisson
06.18.2019 , 06:10 AM | #9
We are entitled to another week of double for this hardship

MorseGod
06.18.2019 , 06:12 AM | #10
Wouldn't it be amazing if a game that runs 24/7 had some tech guys working 24/7 to address stuff like this?
Guildmaster, Help (Star Forge)
Was this post helpful? Please click my referral link.