Are Madness Sorcerers the new FOTM in ranked?

Lundorff

I am kidding of course, but I am seeing some rather exceptional sorcs on TRE at the moment (like Ebola, Apex Sorcerer, K´reieia WBRABBLETEXT and more) and the amount of stuff they bring to a match is unparalleled. I have no doubt they are simply great players in general, but between massive off-healing, a lot damage albeit not burst and strangely survival, I am finding myself rather intrigued by the class.

So, anyone seeing a similar "trend"?

I am kidding of course, but I am seeing some rather exceptional sorcs on TRE at the moment (like Ebola, Apex Sorcerer, K´reieia WBRABBLETEXT and more) and the amount of stuff they bring to a match is unparalleled. I have no doubt they are simply great players in general, but between massive off-healing, a lot damage albeit not burst and strangely survival, I am finding myself rather intrigued by the class.

So, anyone seeing a similar "trend"?

It's player skill, nothing more. People at that skill level could make a blind man with a wet news paper OP. The average ranked player would be hard pressed to make them work.

So they certainly won't be FOTM because that's too much hard work to build up to that skill lvl.

It's better to just use an easy face roll class that you don't need as much skill to achieve the same results. At least that's what I see when supposed good players jump on the FOTM face roll classes.

I take my hat of to players who play a class that is harder to get the same results from because they like a challenge.

Edited by Totemdancer

Of course there is a lot to it.

1. The teams - if you are a Sorc and are against 3 Mercs and 1 Sniper then its pretty obvious how it will go. Same goes for stealthers on other team, with 2 sins and a operative.... So depends on what you are up against.

2. Players - again depends on whom you get, the thing is that Sorc dps aint that good and you cannot exactly carry a team member as a Sorc dps. Their main advantage atm is kiting, running, offhealing etc, not direct attack. A game can be won if the Sorc kites well and the enemy is chasing him (while the teammates kill them). If you get a bad player you are not able to carry.

3. Skill - lastly we have skill, its very well known that if you really like a class and spec you keep on playing it no matter what, you find your ways, tricks etc. By playing the class as you main you gain knowledge far over that of what others have. If you are really stuck on a class you perform much better than any other person running same class and spec. So if you are such a player, you can really play a jugg or Sorc or PT and still come as the best player in the team.

As a Madness/Balance main I would say this puppy would only really become FOTM again like early 4.0 days if it were given something like 2 tweaks -both the ability to say channel force lightning while running + 1 more really good defensive perk on top what it already has. Definately not saying such changes should be made but if they should for whatever reason you would see this spec over-tuned at that point like mercs are now.

Otherwise, right now it is kind of in the same place as concealment op (only when it comes to the way they can do damage though-the utility tool sets of the two are totally different). You are either engaged in pressure or you are running/ trying to survive off-heal in the hopes a pesky enemy Mara get's distracted / bored chasing you around and that your team is competent and can get the kill.

But it is a nice surprise not to be the first focus of the enemy team for once (in some matches) anymore as that seems to have been standard procedure the last few months.

Edited by ottffsse