Operatives and scoundrels have too much CC

direblaze

its totally insane the amount of CC these classes have, i have understand snipers needing it, but why do Ops/scoundrels need it? they have over 3+ CC on low cooldowns, aborb shields that aborb around 4k+ damage instant stealth, heals good armor mitigation and the ability to flat out evade the next 2 or 3 moves within a short time...

I wont even speak about thier dps, i just want to know why one class gets all these tools when there are other classes that dont even get a fraction of the tools these guys have...

lol Their defensive screen doesn't mitigate near that amount of damage.

Their CC. One is a 1.5 second knockdown that is only usable from stealth. Then you have Dirty kick which is on a 45 second cooldown, can be talented to 30 seconds, flash grenade that is on a 60 second cooldown and breaks on dps. Finally you have tendon blast, and shrap bomb (you can only get the shrap bomb by talents in Dirty Fighting) both of which apply a weak snare.

Oh almost forgot, they have a sap which is only usable from stealth that fully resolves in one use.

Why should this class and it's mirror class have those CC abilities? Well they have the worst sustained dps in the game, and anyone claiming to get wiped out by their opener has either some serious l2p issues or serious gear issues, oh they also have absolutely no way to close the distance once in combat, vanguards have harpoon jedi have leap. You have tears, and scoundrels have tissues.

first off get your facts straight we have 1 cc that works out of stealth, 1 stun which is the ball kick. one cc in stealth (the target has to be out of combat) and our shootfirst knock down which is also from stealth and doesnt even last long. the 2 out of stealth the kick is 45 seconds and the one actual cc we have is one min cooldown. EVERYCLASS has just as many and sages/sorc have 2 that can be used in combat and there jump knockback that holds you in place? is like the shortest fking CD ive ever seen. I dont know what class you are but play a scoundrel first before you complain were super squishy out of stealth and we have the worst shields in the game.

Would you like me to paste a skill list for you? since this is about utility and cc and none of what is said imply or could imply exaggeration since im just stating fact

You lost all credibility you ever thought you had with this statement, we all knew you had none, but now your subconscious should be telling you to maybe let your mouth take a back seat to your brain.

Scoundrel has 0 utility, and I question the intelligence of your opponents if they don't kill you quickly. It isn't hard, so my assumption is, they don't kill you, because you either uncloak for the killing blow and cloak again, or simply cloak as soon as someone puts dps on you, even a little.

I bet you are one of those stealth class types from other games who need that safety blanket of stealth so much you are always cloaked on the Fleet.

So I find it incredibly ironic you are crying about a class you play, perhaps you ran into a real scoundrel/operative and he made you his *****?

Operatives have too much utility? Are you even playing the same game as me?

I find operative the easiest of the 3 healers to kill by far. Compared to a sorc healer its a sad joke.

Your lack of knowledge of the class makes me seriously doubt you actually have one of any decent level (if at all). I'm relying on someone who plays the class and is motivated to write a longwinded response to do the legwork and point how the finer details of why you are wrong.

its totally insane the amount of CC these classes have, i have understand snipers needing it, but why do Ops/scoundrels need it? they have over 3+ CC on low cooldowns, aborb shields that aborb around 4k+ damage instant stealth, heals good armor mitigation and the ability to flat out evade the next 2 or 3 moves within a short time...

I wont even speak about thier dps, i just want to know why one class gets all these tools when there are other classes that dont even get a fraction of the tools these guys have...

Care to list all that insane amount of CC ? Because we have:

~ ONE that is usable only from stealth and only behind target that last 1,5 SECOND

~ ONE that can stun you for 4 seconds and have 45 SECONDS COOLDOWN

~ ONE 8s flashbang that breaks on damage

So since hidden strike can be used ONCE per fight (or twice if we sacrifice vanish) amd flashbang break on damage we have ONLY ONE usefull stun that upgraded can be cast every 30s. That's it.

While you can push back, root/stun us and kill very fast.

Look at Sorcs better. Best DPS, best healers, push back, pull, stealth, root and snare in almost every offensive ability + ability to spam it all AND almost infinite mana pool if you have nice hybrid. And also bubble to soak damage.

So with all that utility we must fight them with what... d*** in our hand ?

~ our DoT will be nerfed

~ our damage is nerfed

~ surge was nerfed

~ you can spot us like from 30m!

So what ? We should stand in one place, don't move and wait to be killed ? Forget it.

Edited by DariuszPol