UPDATE 3.0 Need more cargo space

khsolo

I'd like to see some form of additional storage that ties into the Strongholds somehow.

We're already playing dress-up Barbie with our characters and companions. Why not give everyone walk-in closets and dressing rooms available as unlocks in the strongholds as well? I know the RP community would love it at the very least.

:confused: "...montage."

Boosting the stacks to 999 would help a bit.

I find this rather funny, first of all I've never played nor will I ever play WoW.

Second if you played SWG on Europe-Chimaera you should now that I am a Master Crafter, same as in here.

I was one of the very vocal ppl in these forums to have BW get us crafting in the first place since from the outset there would be none what so ever.

I was likley the most known crafter on Chim then I played SWG so I know crafting and how to store them.

That is beside the point here, lager stacks means less space wasted simple as that.

Do me a favor, stop with the childish comments, make me think you are like 15 or something, or you might be, myself I've past 40 so I don't play in the sand box anymore.

Have something usefull to add then do that, if not, don't waste ppl time posting here.

Than you would know that large stacks mean large data transferred between your computer and the server therefore for creating more lag.

999 in binary 1111100111 that is 10 digits code being sent

99 in binary 1100011 that is 7 digits of code being sent

a stack of 99 is 1 byte of data where a stack of 999 is 2 bytes of data.

I didn't realize I was talking to gods gift to crafting. I bet you have the ladies or guys beating down your door since you where a master crafter in a game that failed and was shutdown. FYI what you did in another game means NOTHING in this one. It doesn't mean your opinion out weights anyone else.

Here is the problem plan and simple. You and other are using crafting as an excuses for your hoarding issues. You don't need 999 of any martial because you will never use it. You just place in your cargo hold and it sits there. If you where actively using the martials than you would never reach 999. You should watch the show about hoarders they say the same thing that you do. I may need this some day. Crafting mats are a lot easier to get in SWTOR than they were in SWG so there is no reason to hoarded them in this one.

Yon can't deny if you're really into crafting and especially conquest you will benefit from having stack pile increased to say, 999.

Then what I'd like is for the gathered mats to go directly into the legacy cago hold. Let's say you can optionally ask companions to send mats to bank. Will take like 10% more time on the crew mission, but won't mess your inventory.

Or if you gather mats by hand, how about you can send a companion to drop them into your legacy storage?

Actually I can, if you are actively using these mats you would never reach a point where you need 999 for a stack.

Here what happens when I get a mat.

Step 1) Is it rare or hard to get?

Yes: Store it.

No: Move to step 2

Step 2: Do I use this mat regularly? (Used it to craft something this week)

Yes: Store it

No: Move to step 3

Step: Do I have 8 stacks (metal/ artifacts) or 4 stacks (bio)?

Yes: Vendor it or GTN

No: Store it.

The problem is people are hoarding mats and not using them.

Actually I can, if you are actively using these mats you would never reach a point where you need 999 for a stack.

Here what happens when I get a mat.

Step 1) Is it rare or hard to get?

Yes: Store it.

No: Move to step 2

Step 2: Do I use this mat regularly? (Used it to craft something this week)

Yes: Store it

No: Move to step 3

Step: Do I have 8 stacks (metal/ artifacts) or 4 stacks (bio)?

Yes: Vendor it or GTN

No: Store it.

Especially for conquest you have to stockpile mats in advance.

Then if you craft for guildies you also need stored mats, quite a lot in fact.

Before you say so guild bank doesn't really help tough.

Also if you use the GTN you like to buy mats when they are cheap and stock pile them.

I just craft on the side, not being dedicated and mostly by allowing to stack mats I would divide my Legacy inventory by 2.

P.S.: I guess you don't 'have more than 99 item of even one single mats, otherwise we both know you would benefit form the stacking, wouldn't you ;)

Edited by Deewe

Not entirelly accurate

Im biochem and i use all mats in my crafter from lvl 2 to lvl 9, since bioanalisis have 2 sets of each and diplomacy have also 2 the only effective way of storing them orderly is by using 2 levels per strorage and sometimes 1, 1 for lvl 2 and 3, 1 for 4 and 5, 1 for lvl 6 and 1 for lvl 9 and 1 for everyhting else, thats 5 storages

With the new mats 2 lvls im in need of one more storage for lvl 11 and lvl 12

I dont hoard mats but having mats ordered in the storages is what makes me realice easilly what im missing so i use 8 squares for each type of mat since there are some that i have more than 4 * 99 = 400+

You can ask well why do you have more than 400 of any mat, well if you run 25 lvl 53 purple implants, then do some 25 or 50 warsupplies crafting for conquest points and then run 50 or so prefabs im pretty sure you gonna run out of bioanalisis stuff lvl 9 and diplomacy stuff easilly and 400 is not good enough, more is need it

Edited by khsolo

I dont hoard mats but having mats ordered in the storages is what makes me realice easilly what im missing

Don't use as many mats as you do but interesting enough I make sure to order them neatly too so I also know what I'm in dire need of ;)

Don't use as many mats as you do but interesting enough I make sure to order them neatly too so I also know what I'm in dire need of ;)

I highly recommend it, i use 8 squares for each mat so a quick glance will tell me what im missing and what im using the most

Personally, I would love to see all cargo space systems redesigned to follow the layout and functions of the guild bank. That thing has big number of slots, large amount of purchasable tabs that can be renamed and reorganized for much better orientation, etc.

I could show you how i store mine if only i knew how to take a pic ingame :)

PrintScreen button by default (usually top of insert on the keyboard ;) )

Then usually stored here:

C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Star Wars - The Old Republic\Screenshots