Why don't Marauders Have Force Pull?

KonohaFlash

Hey guys, There is something that has been bugging me since I started playing this game since release.

Throughout my experience of leveling to my current point(42) I've noticed that it feels like there is something missing in the marauders arsenal.

However, It didn't come to mind until today, when my sith sorceror friend told me to come check out this new skill he got. Apparently he got Force Pull and began to use it on me, much to my surprise.

He was literally laughing at how awesome it was and how weird it was that sorcerer's got it when he already has enough abilities to stun enemies and slow down their movement and now he can bring the enemy to him?

Does this bother anyone else? I did some reading and I found out that we had Force pull in the beta but it was removed from release? This really doesn't make sense to me at all.

Our cousin,the Juggernaut, has force push in their arsenal which helps them yet Marauders can't pull their enemies towards them?

It really doesn't seem to make sense to me that a ranged class would need to pull and not push their enemies away while melee push their enemies except for Marauders.

I thought Sith warrior's were supposed to be lightsaber and force users, but the only reliable force skills I have a scream(great) and Choke which basically leaves me like a sitting duck to get ganked in PvP, It's only really useful in huttball(flames) and with Rage SMASH! :D

What do you think? Are the skills correctly in place with the classes that utilize them?

Edited by KonohaFlash

A good point, I would absolutely LOVE force pull or push for a few reasons. Force Pull the obvious, we are melee, bring someone to you, melee them, profit. Force push while may sound ridiculous for marauders and juggs for that matter still can set you up to charge or obliterate. For both, would give us a needed tool for environment play, ie, cliffs, fire, acid etc, that we miss and team play (pull team to you). IMO, move force push to SW skill, would truly make my day, although i can see why we would have had pull, i think push would compliment better by setting up other skills without running away and then charging. But then we may have too many interrupts...? Or better yet, after the choke duration, throw the opponent in a certain direction, like movies/cutscenes, THAT would be baddddddd***.

We don't get force push/force pull because that would make sense.

You don't actually think the devs are playing their own game do you?

This, the Sith Warrior's Trademark is Force Pull/Push and Hoods however we don't get any because that would make sense.

we do get force push...in cut scenes, PAY ATTENTIONS NOOBS!

Lmao. Now that you mention it, I do remember see a few cutscenes where force push was used. I think it's just a matter of laziness though, because we don't even use two lightsabers in cutscenes. They probably just used the Juggy mo-cap for our cutscenes as well.

Still, I think Pull would be much more proper for Marauders, especially rage. Pulling and using smash with full stacks of shock wave would be awesome!

He was literally laughing at how awesome it was and how weird it was that sorcerer's got it when he already has enough abilities to stun enemies and slow down their movement and now he can bring the enemy to him?

Err no. The Sith Sorcerer pull only works on allied units - it grabs a friendly player or mob and it pulls it next to them. Sorcerers use it to pull allies out of dangerous situations. It doesn't work on enemies.

Assassins though have a talented Force Pull deep in their tanking tree.

Err no. The Sith Sorcerer pull only works on allied units - it grabs a friendly player or mob and it pulls it next to them. Sorcerers use it to pull allies out of dangerous situations. It doesn't work on enemies.

Assassins though have a talented Force Pull deep in their tanking tree.

He must have been exaggerating then I suppose. He's very fond of that. I suppose it's not bad that sorceror's have it then. :eek:

Force push would be nice. I love it on my jugg, but I'd rather have Force Slam. 15-20 yard range, pick up opponent and slam him/her into the ground dealing some damage but giving a 3 second stun.

I agree with that. Force Slam was removed from Consulars because it "didn't fit". It would certainly fit with Sith Warriors.

i have heard a few different ability's being mentioned as missing or marauders. all i have to say is don't forget we will get new moves for a level cap increase

We shouldn't have to wait until we get an expansion(possibly a year down the line) to be fixed.

We shouldn't have to wait until we get an expansion(possibly a year down the line) to be fixed.

fixed? that would imply its broken. its not broken, its just not in the game. don't know how many hotkeys your using. but its not like marauders are low on ability's.

there will always be some1 calling for something they don't have. my last statement was just to say when the level cap increase comes we will get some new moves. i'm not saying we will get force pull, or force push, or force make the mobs head explode. all i'm saying is there is room for movement in the future. but i'm not agreeing that the ability's list is broking coz we don't have force pull

**EDIT** if i had the choice of next ability, i would prefer force pull, it is a cool move

Edited by grandmthethird

aparently you cant put one and one together.... yes we have charge but then what? with pull if they knock you back you still have charge.... think before speaking pls

Yes and then they can stun and run away again. At which point you can Unleash, so then they can slow/root you and pelt away/run away again. You want a third closer too? How about a fourth? Maybe force charge should just not have a cooldown so you can spam it whenever someone does anything to get some space between them and you.

Yes and then they can stun and run away again. At which point you can Unleash, so then they can slow/root you and pelt away/run away again. You want a third closer too? How about a fourth? Maybe force charge should just not have a cooldown so you can spam it whenever someone does anything to get some space between them and you.

Right, unleash, dude you do know that EVERY class has that, and that it's on 2 minute cooldown? And that our CC is limited to a channel (if you arent rage) and some immobilises that you need to be in melee to use if you specc carnage which already has it's own problems in pvp?

"Your 2 minute cooldown ability nullifies my chain of stuns and roots" riiiight....

Also, in the cutscenes we see the sith warrior use Force pull a few times! This can't be due to juggy having it as they don't so it doesn't make any sense whatsoever!