What's so BAD about the PvP?

Rogozhi

Just started playing a couple weeks ago, now a level 22 BH, and I'm wondering why all the comments about the PvP being a horrible failure.

I realize I'm not doing endgame PvP yet, but so far the WZs are a blast. Combat seems to last a good amount of time, resolve seems to limit chain CC, and the bolster lets me be nicely competitive.

Where's the massive problem?

Just started playing a couple weeks ago, now a level 22 BH, and I'm wondering why all the comments about the PvP being a horrible failure.

I realize I'm not doing endgame PvP yet, but so far the WZs are a blast. Combat seems to last a good amount of time, resolve seems to limit chain CC, and the bolster lets me be nicely competitive.

here:

I realize I'm not doing endgame PvP yet,

I like PvP and warzones. I'm level 50 and rank 63 valour. I don't know why it seems like people hate them. Maybe people just like to complain if they're not facerolling everyone else. Edited by ADMCD

I like PvP and warzones. I'm level 50 and rank 63 valour. I don't know why it seems like people hate them. Maybe people just like to complain if they're not facerolling everyone else.

i am playing two classes at endgame. with one of them i faceroll every other one, with the other class i get face rolled by every other class but commandos/mercs (in 1on1).

of course, thanks to the fact the the very most players are playing very bad most of the time roll on both chars, but....

....that's not the point of the problems with pvp!

success in pvp is too gear dependent.

open world pvp is supposed to be competitive, fun, and unpredictable. The open world zone,Ilum, sucks because there is no motivation for people to player kill there.

In endgame PvP you'll find there are much more CC abilities to keep you rooted and whatnot.

Even so, occasionally I rage at the screen when I get focused and my team ignores it (I'm a healer), but apart from those rare moments I enjoy almost every game.

Sure some players have different skills and advantages, but so do you... I out-heal almost anyone that tries to 1/2v1 me keeping them off the objective and focused on me until they get bored.

Haters gonna hate.

PvP is fun.

i am playing two classes at endgame. with one of them i faceroll every other one, with the other class i get face rolled by every other class but commandos/mercs (in 1on1).

of course, thanks to the fact the the very most players are playing very bad most of the time roll on both chars, but....

....that's not the point of the problems with pvp!

Warzones aren't 1 on 1 battlefields. They're team games. I never kill anyone 1 on 1. I stay alive and hold them long enough for some DPS person to come kill them.

Perhaps the problem is that most players want 1 on 1 fights but Bioware is trying to create team based fighting.

success in pvp is too gear dependent.

bulls_hit!

never in mmo history it was so easy to acquire the gear to be competitive!

open world pvp is supposed to be competitive, fun, and unpredictable. The open world zone,Ilum, sucks because there is no motivation for people to player kill there.

open word pvp never needed or was able to be made by objectives!

for open world pvp you simply need MANY players on a server. enough to meet enemies during questing, during ideling...etc.

but the swtor servers only alow for so few palyers that it is like christmas when it happens to see an opponent even during leveling.

open pvp failed before release due to technical failure!

Because many view war zones as cheap PvP. I share that view.

There is nothing dynamic or challenging about a war zone. Sure, you get the occasional "bitter fight from start to finish", but most are pretty predictable within the first few minutes.

Nice for some fun while grinding, but horrible as end-game PvP content.

Because many view war zones as cheap PvP. I share that view.

There is nothing dynamic or challenging about a war zone. Sure, you get the occasional "bitter fight from start to finish", but most are pretty predictable within the first few minutes.

Nice for some fun while grinding, but horrible as end-game PvP content.

Most of the warzones I've been part of don't have the outcome obvious near the beginning. I'm not saying that happens, but it's not common. People just give up too easily, as soon as one thing goes wrong.

I don't understand why people ragequit out of warzones because their team is losing. You lose all your valour and commendation gain from that warzone if you leave.

I don't understand why people ragequit out of warzones because their team is losing. You lose all your valour and commendation gain from that warzone if you leave.

Yep that is true, I've been in plenty of war zones that appeared to be lost but the team rallied and won. But those are few compared to the war zones that I knew in the first few minutes how the game was going to go.

Everyone complains about open world Pvp, but there's NO reason everyone can't go to Illium and pvp there. Hell on a Pvp server you could go anywhere and start some trouble.

THe exact same system that existed back in the old days in Wow at TM/Southshore exists on Illium RIGHT NOW.

NO SYSTEM.

The reality is... people don't go cause their too busy having fun in the balanced sanitized Wz they all complain about... lol...

Edited by VoidJustice

Everyone complains about open world Pvp, but there's NO reason everyone can't go to Illium and pvp there. Hell on a Pvp server you could go anywhere and start some trouble.

THe exact same system that existed back in the old days in Wow at TM/Southshore exists on Illium RIGHT NOW.

NO SYSTEM.

The reality is... people don't go cause their too busy having fun in the balanced sanitized Wz they all complain about... lol...

you forget one thing:

you have to find enough people that share your love, otherwise you won't find anybody otu there.

but along with the other content you won't find enough people on a server with a max population of around 400-500. on wow you had 2000 and more.

and not only this, in wow quest areas where shared for both factions, so you HAD to meet others.

and you had to go out to gather ressources for your proffesions

and yuo had to go out to enter instances (flashpoints/operations)

and you didn't got a warning from the support for attacking the other faction when they tried to kill a world boss

and in vanilla wow you had even to go out to queue for pvp battlegrounds.

enough reasons why this game failed by design and due to technical reasons?

NO SYSTEM.

They are in those war zones because someone brilliant decided that we need different gear to PvP than we do to play the rest of the game.

I really enjoy warzones and dont share the wiev that some players have about them, there is a few isues for a republic side player though.

There has been alot of complaining about imperial classes being overpowered, but this reply is not about that! I know classes on both sides are mirror images of eachother so they should be pretty balanced! There is one thing that i not balanced however.....imp/rep population on each servers are said to be 57% imps and 43% reps......

Everyone with basic knowledge in mathematics understands that there are more battlemaster, champ and centurion outfitted players on the imperial side! This also effects how many there are present in a single WZ! The reason i believethat is because i asume both factions hold the same "type" of players. Everyone understands that this imbalance afects rep pvp in a negativ manner, at least the pug WZ groups.

This is the only negativ aspect of pvp and warzones in this game i find worth mentioning.

This isue could be solved if they started allowing same number of rep/imps in a WZ. So if there was only 6 reps, there should be only 6 imps as well....and the oposite way! When there was a new rep player joining they would also add another imp so that the number became equal, thast would make the faction with the most player have to queue more often........some would probably change faction so they wouldnt have to queue all the time:)

Edited by Grisher

the players...that's what's so bad..90% of this community are <1500 kids from wow who backpedal and want an arena system to feel "good" about a new game.

oh and the mass cc with no dr's

wow, so many self contradicting wrong stuff in such a small post. awesome!

The only issue I have with pvp in this game is that resolve is garbage and that there isn't any stun immunity after getting hit with them. Being able to stun lock opponents till they die is a system that can be easily remedied with a 5-10 second immunity after being hit with a stun/CC. Or at least dramaticly reduce the cooldown of the CC breaker.

Other than that, I have no issues with pvp in this game. Oh yeah. My other issue is the constant Huttball when I'm on my imp alt. That **** sucks.

Edited by Paralassa
content

let me tell you something that will save you time and a headache.

MMO forums are where the unhappy whiners come to whine. to new people this makes it feel like the general consensus is that everything is bad. the people that enjoy the game are usually playing it not on forums, or like me make posts that are mostly swallowed up in the ten thousand whine posts.

just decide for yourself if you like something or not. don't come to the naysayers lair and expect anything but naysay

• 2 weeks later...