Why remove expertise?

Morgorth

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got a sage 50lvl BM gear.

i love both aspects. pvp and pve but i dont see why i need two gears to fight npc or players.

in an open pvp world if you pve and you get attacked by a player you need to wear your pvp gear and combat him, or stay with pve gear to defend your self from the npc aswell.

o/

Your argument is flawed.

Open world PvP doesn't exist in this game.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

again expertise doesn't prove a thing.

people mix pvp with pve gears, so the pve-pvp is a fail already.

Does anyone know why there is a separation in gears?

simple... pve whiners getting ganked while doing Raids in older mmo's

crying that other players interrupt them.

conclusions

a) devs created closed instances

b) to make it more interesting they added pve gears

gears used to be only about level.

the separation on gears kills the pvp and creates a pve mmo gameplay.

No problem with that, but i didn't join a PVP server to PVE raids for pve gear

you guys are incredible!

its like talking to a dolphin....

With the expertise buff and the DRs reduced greatly, you wont be mixing gear anymore. You will be stacking as much expertise as you can get now or you will be gimped vs the people who are.

To those who thinks they should remove expertise, why not think about the other way?

"In order to get gear for raids you need to grind your gear from PVP."

Does it sound reasonable?

Your wall of text explanation only gave one conclusion: Selfishness.

Then you add the same gearing reward on pvp wz.

simple solution...

and for those who have pvp gears you replace the stats and add the same as the pve have currently.

The crutch babies will still whine and say "but, but, but what about my expertise stat? I play a lot of pvp, so I earned that!".

This is what expertise is. Why not just use that?

people are mixing pvp gear with rakta gear

you can craft the earpiece's/implants/relics/belt/bracers and crit them for a augment slot.

now if you think about it the good augments are +28 per augment right now and the PVE gear already has greater stats than pvp gear. meaning pve gear will increase all your crit/crit chance/hp/power and so on expertise does not do that.

This and taking a mod/enhance out of one piece (chest) and putting it into another (legs) regardless of what "family" of armor it comes from. this is why expertise is almost a joke now, and will HAVE to be better to stop the gaps in PvP.

You get PvP comm's from AFK'ing a WZ? Hmmm... last time I checked you get booted if you're AFK in a WZ.

This is a perfect example of PvE idiots wanting an equal PvP playing ground without even knowing the teenciest, tiniest, little thing about PvP.

If you all don't want gear to give any type of advantage why arent you all PvE'ing in lvl 10 PvE gear? Your bigger stats makes it easier to kill the monster doesnt it? How cheap!

You get PvP comm's from AFK'ing a WZ? Hmmm... last time I checked you get booted if you're AFK in a WZ.

This is a perfect example of PvE idiots wanting an equal PvP playing ground without even knowing the teenciest, tiniest, little thing about PvP.

If you all don't want gear to give any type of advantage why arent you all PvE'ing in lvl 10 PvE gear? Your bigger stats makes it easier to kill the monster doesnt it? How cheap!

bro, its called jumping in the game, dropping off the starting area and walking to the back corner and alt tabbing. there is no timer to kick afks when you drop. wake up, and stop trying to hold onto your Over-powered expertise stat. It's not fair that players with high enough amounts of expertise can't be killed by at all by anyone without a close to equal amount of that single stat.

by the way, last I checked bosses have hundreds of thousands of HP, and necessary mechanics to win. takes way more skill to beat pve bosses than it does to win pvp fights just because you have more expertise than the other player. Easier and necessary are two different things. Everyone wearing the same exact gear, looking like exactly the same player, removing all customize options that a lot of people like in this game..... just so you can compete. That's cheap in my opinion.

Edited by Leanhartx

The reason why I felt pve gear has traditionally been better was because it took more coordination and organisation to get a successful raid going; compare this to pvp where all that is required is to click queue.

Taking a WoW example, you can have 40 players on Alterac Valley (a 40v40 player warzone) and 40 players in Molten Core (a 40 player raid) but the 40 players in AV need not necessarily actually work together to the extent that is required by the 40 players in Molten Core for them to succeed.

Look at warzones in SWTOR and you realise that most of the time many players aren't really paying any attention at all, at least not to the big picture; you couldn't afford that many people not paying attention in pve.

It is an MMO after all (multi-player game), so this is not to say that being REALLY good at pvp is worthless, just that more teamwork is emphasised in pve on average.

So, in that sense I think expertise isn't really necessary, but they got to find ways to replace it with pve stats. In WoW, before they implemented resilience (WoW's form of expertise), the conventional pvp stat was crit. So, I don't know, maybe more crit/surge for pvp'ers and more power for pve'ers?

EDIT: So what I mean is you can still get gear from pvp'ing, just without expertise.

Edited by RabidPopcorn