Best Anime to Watch in 2019

AceMasterSoul

I'm looking for some new shows to watch. They don't have to be super recent, but should age well. I'm looking for a serious yet funny story lines. To give you a base these are my current top 5:

1.Attack on Titan

2.Tokyo Ghoul

3. FMAB

4. The Rising of the Shield hero

5. Bungou stray dogs

Edited by AceMasterSoul

if you are into movies rather than series, then 'Wolf Children' is great understated anime entertainment.

wikipedia / Wolf_Children

Its the story of a student who marries a shape-changer and has to raise 2 children who show signs of having the ability to shape-change.

There is also 'Your Name' which is the touching storyof 2 teenagers separated by space and time trying to save a town from disaster.

wikipedia/Your_Name

If you are into longer series, then there are so many. - but my friends and I love RWBY Which follows the development of teenagers who develop their powers in an academy for heroes, who are on a mission to save the world. It starts light and humorous with a lot of nice touches, but becomes darker by series 3 and as the kids grow and become more powerful, they realise that every villain has a bigger badder puppet-master pulling the strings. It has great music, voice acting and a huge fanbase. wikipedia /RWBY

There is also Gen:Lock Which is very high quality and superb technical animation and good VA - Which follows a small team of elite combatants who download their brains into giant Mecha to hold back a global threat - an enemy AI who can learn, nanotech that is all consuming and suprising characters popping up in unlikely places.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gen:Lock It's a bit like Ghost in the Shell and Blade runner, and very much like Gundam and several other Mecha series.

There are also the classics. there are loads of these, but I can always re-watch Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Appleseed, and Akira. - And anything by studio Gibli of course.

Hope this helps. There are obvs loads more, but some or all of these should keep you going for a bit.

GL. I'll check out some of your choices, btw.

Cheers.

Edited by Storm-Cutter